PDA

View Full Version : Aussie pilots are BEST known for their....

Kaptin M
21st Aug 2002, 10:35
Rrrrightio, here we go - this one should get PLENTY of bights...sorry.....replies!

Being the originator, I would like to proffer the first offering.

THICK SKINS - (fore :D ).

BTW, "whinging/whining" is reserved for our Pommie cousins!! :)

john_tullamarine
21st Aug 2002, 10:42
.. but a lot of us started out as involuntarily assisted passage Poms .... if we go back a bit and are honest ....

Flat Side Up
21st Aug 2002, 10:58
Well it must be humility and good manners apart from the odd one or two who by outspokeness make it hard for others to follow.
Happened some years back and seems to be happening again judging by some comments on the behaviour of some individuals.:o

Farknel
21st Aug 2002, 12:04
Aussie Pilots are best known for:

"We didn't do it that way back in Oz"

Four Seven Eleven
21st Aug 2002, 12:10

as short a time as possible.

:D :)

JULIET WHISKEY
21st Aug 2002, 12:26
Being good Pisz drinking pilots with an ability to drink at a constant rate for a length of time.

If built by Boeing we would be called the

Boeing XXXX ER

Turbine
21st Aug 2002, 12:36

Bitching.

TurboOtter
21st Aug 2002, 19:48
Their ability to outwit, outsmart, outdo and outbrag anyone on this little world!!!!:D :D :D

sprocket
21st Aug 2002, 19:59
Their big watches.

Rich-Fine-Green
21st Aug 2002, 21:02

Sophisticated and cunning knife in the back that would make a Sicilian mafioso blush.

;) :p

SydGirl
21st Aug 2002, 21:07
Aussie pilots are BEST known for their....

ENORMOUS....

Egos.

SG
:)

Creampuff
21st Aug 2002, 21:38
for their young and free!

and they're apaling gramar and speling!

:D

Hap Hazard
21st Aug 2002, 21:45
Aussie Pilots are best known for..........

Being gods gift to.........

Everything..........yeah right:p

Hugh Jarse
21st Aug 2002, 23:03
.:mad:

Flighteeeee
21st Aug 2002, 23:19
Oz pilots are best known for:

Our awesome VB pyramids we leave around the world.

:D :p :D :p :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rich-Fine-Green
21st Aug 2002, 23:26
Flighteeeee;

I do hope you are talking about VB the beer.:D

kavu
21st Aug 2002, 23:50
over inflated egos and small c&*ks

Keg
22nd Aug 2002, 00:42
... the ability to find the tallest poppy we can and not rest until it is brought down. :(

Kaptin M
22nd Aug 2002, 00:50
over inflated egos and small c&*ks

kavu........you've been looking :eek:

Torres
22nd Aug 2002, 02:04
I think the following (from my PNG days) typifies what Aussie pilots are best known for:

What is a Talair Pilot?

Between the security of second childhood and the insecurity of childhood, we find that fascinating group of humanity called Talair pilots. They come in all shapes, sizes, weights and states of drunkenness.

They can be found anywhere - in planes, in crewrooms, in love, in bars, and always in debt. Girls love them, towns tolerate them and the government supports them. A Talair pilot is laziness with a deck of cards, bravery with dark glasses, and the protector of the Earth with a copy of Playboy. He has the brains of an idiot, the energy of a sea turtle, the slyness of a fox, the stories of a sea captain, the sincerity of a liar, the aspirations of a Casanova and when he wants anything it is usually connected with leave.

Some of his interests are - gins, silver bellies (occasionally) and members of the opposite sex. No one else can cram into their pocket, a little black book, a packet of crushed cigarettes, a picture of his girl, a comb, a pack of cards, a can opener and what’s left of last months pay.

He likes to spend his money on silver bellies, some on beer, some on repairs to his car, some on cards, the rest he spends foolishly.

A Talair pilot is a magical creature; you can keep him out of your house but not out of trouble. You can chase him out of Operations on orders, but not out of the courthouse, or post office.

He is a one and only, bleary eyed good for nothing bundle of worries, but all your dreams become insignificant when he comes into your office, stands at attention in front of you with those bleary eyes and says “GO AND GET %$#^&*!”

That conjures an almost forgotten mental apparition of many old friends who post here, including Sharpie, Windy, Capt Vege and many more..........

:D :D :D :D

Lifejacket
22nd Aug 2002, 02:23
Cripes Captain

Are you completely out to lunch?

Is your ego so inflated that you actually think people care what you think others might think about you?

Mate, I'm an Aussie, through and through.

I say, for me and no others, though all are welcome to come aboard this ship if they want, who cares?

If you insist on staring at your navel all day long up there in your oh so lovely jobbie in Japan, try not to demean Australia and Australians.

Most of us couldn't give a stuff!

LJ

Mark CRUISE
22nd Aug 2002, 02:38
Underpaid/Overworked or simply Unemployed.

Gnadenburg
22nd Aug 2002, 02:47
Kavu

Did your wife confess?

LJ

Relax.

kavu
22nd Aug 2002, 03:01
Kaptin M & Gnadenburg

well it's all the aussie chicks I slept with saying their men just don't have what it takes. :D

Damn I'm good if I don't say so myself :cool:

Gnadenburg
22nd Aug 2002, 03:22
Heard similar comlplaints from the amorous AIRNZ girls about their own.

They still overnighting in the Perth Hyatt?

Was a turkey shoot for the young AN/QF boys.

Capt Vegemite
22nd Aug 2002, 03:42
Kiwi pilots are best known for their.......?:rolleyes:

Torres
22nd Aug 2002, 04:14
................ Velcro gloves! :D :D :D

Rich-Fine-Green
22nd Aug 2002, 04:45
Gee Kavu, I'm amazed you could hear the aussie chicks talk while you were calling out your own name.

Boeing Belly
22nd Aug 2002, 05:03
I hear that Kavu takes the sheep skin seat cover fom the cockpit to the hotel on overnights and insists that the lucky girl ( or guy) wears it while he slips one in!!!:rolleyes:

Transition Layer
22nd Aug 2002, 05:21
Aussie pilots are best known for their...

P*ss taking of Kiwis!!!

TL

deepee
22nd Aug 2002, 05:57
....being whinging South Sea Poms:cool:

shortly
22nd Aug 2002, 08:17
Ozzie pilots are best known for:
their ability to work with anybody - even poms.

shakespeare
22nd Aug 2002, 08:30
Small willies!

AnsettStar
22nd Aug 2002, 09:01
Of all the pilots I've ever flown with, I'd have to say the Aussies were the most easygoing and had the best sense of humor. And out of all the airlines of flew with, the AN guys(/girls, sorry!) were the best (sorry Qantas! :D

kavu
22nd Aug 2002, 20:50
rfg & bb

ah yes the fine four legged sheep variety. more conversation than the aussie female but the aussie female has the better looks and body.:D

i can't help it they want to scream out my name.........

oh God......... oh God............ (he he he he) :D :D :D

Rich-Fine-Green
22nd Aug 2002, 21:21
Ahh Kavu;

Yes, the Aussie girls may be pleasing to the eye but stick to the bovines;

They are less likely to press charges.

:D ;)

Misty Air
22nd Aug 2002, 23:40
You share
We shear:p

nasa
23rd Aug 2002, 03:01
Starting inane threads on senseless topics and sitting back and watching 37 (sh!t now 38) equally senseless supposedly professional persons reply to it…..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Time Bomb Ted
23rd Aug 2002, 05:15
Of all the pilots I have flown with all around the world,
I can honestly say,
The Australians were one of them.........

Australians are best known for their:

Fondness of Furry Animals on a cold winters morning.

(edited for the sake of being edited)

This Brain is intenionally left blank......

cjam
23rd Aug 2002, 07:12
one upmanship

Someone once said that kiwis like to take the **** whereas Ausis extract the whole bladder.

shortly
23rd Aug 2002, 07:26
What did that half pint of an Ozzie Rugby League player say, 'winning isn't everything it's the only thing'. Hang in there Kiwis, two's in.

Mark CRUISE
24th Aug 2002, 02:16
Baaahhhhh BBBBaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh,

PULL OUT...PULL OUT.

Capt Vegemite
25th Aug 2002, 01:18
Aussies pilots best known for their ability to drink p!ss in industrial quantities.

Thats about it I guess.
http://images.allposters.com/images/3/2031.JPG

Chimbu chuckles
25th Aug 2002, 01:56
Torres!!! I resemble that remark!!!:D

Actually I never worked out why the Ode to a Talair Pilot never included lifting unlikely loads out of crappy strips and sacrificing their young lives for Dennis in alarming numbers??

What are Ozzies best known for?

Their innordinately articulate genius at CRM:D

An exemplery example of 'seek information'..."Ya wanna do farking WHAT?"

Chuck.

Pinky the pilot
28th Aug 2002, 02:07
Loved the ode to a Talair pilot. I suppose that you could almost substitute Douglas for Talair and it would be equally valid.........well for one or two Douglas pilots I could think of.
Definitely not me though!:D
Cap'n Veg; you said it all!:D :D

doubleu-anker
1st Sep 2002, 09:46
Now come on chaps I think you have been a little hard on our Oz mates.

After all what do you expect from offspring of a lot of prisoners?:D :D :D

Chimbu chuckles
1st Sep 2002, 11:07
If the poms were half as smart as they think they are they would have left the prisoners behind and 'Transported' everyone else to paradise:D

Perhaps that's why the whinge so much..they know deep down inside that they farked up!!

Chuck.