PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Royal Aviation

FlyingAce77
17th Jun 2021, 13:33
So, I know some people who were contacted by recruiters through Linked In for B777-300ER Positions - After shortlisting & Signing the NDA, Candidate Briefing pack was emailed mentioning SRA as the Employer

anyone knows anything about SRA? T/C? Apparently 60 & above can’t get Work Visa in SAudi Arabia.

Klimax
21st Jun 2021, 19:42
It seems that they're now attempting to get crew willing to relocate to KSA on an expatriate contract. Needless to say, most experienced qualified pilots, who are not job seeking, are unlikely to be pursue this contract. If you're without a job and you type rating is running out - sure why not. Considering all the aspects related to this operation, you'd think that one of the primary recruitment goals would be to attract the right people. Perhaps it's more of a commercial operation than an operation looking to attract the best suitable candidates. I wonder how many qualified and experienced Captains there are, that would actually relocate to KSA for one of these positions?

Climb150
21st Jun 2021, 21:16
KSA. You mean Micronesia?

FlyingAce77
22nd Jun 2021, 06:26
Klimax

They have 30 B777s & Gulfstreams, it’s more of a domestic & regional operation for a Startup Company, I have been told, they will pay you whatever you want, but there are restrictions, which is very common in Middle East..
Clearly Pilots over 60 cannot join as Saudi Arabia has put restrictions on issuing work visas for 60 & above, whoever would end up joining would have to be in their 50s & below.

CE5
30th Jun 2021, 05:42
The position I saw advertise was for B787 Captains nothing mentioned about B777. Has SRA got multiple divisions, can't find much on their website.

LimaVictor
30th Jun 2021, 11:42
Anybody knows sth more about T&C?
FlyingAce77: "I have been told, they will pay you whatever you want, but there are restrictions, which is very common in Middle East.." is this true or just a rumor? What kind of restrictions are you referring to?
Is it a commuting contract or you need/must stay and live there like with the other Big3 in the middle east?
Thank you:ok:

Nick 1
30th Jun 2021, 15:10
Commuting contract in KSA private means 8/4 on off weeks , or 7/4 some times , never less maybe more...

Klimax
30th Jun 2021, 15:45
WHAT would be the “drive” to get any experienced and qualified Captain to settle for 2 months in KSA and 1 month at home? How much and what does that take?

Lucifer786
1st Jul 2021, 14:08
By what I understand it’s simply a data gathering exercise.
For whom and for when, I’m not certain.
But I know of this company from a colleague and that is what I understood ..

Klimax
1st Jul 2021, 15:53
It has been ongoing since at least September 2020. It’s not only a data gathering process. There’s been online interviews, online personality tests and security screenings. I don’t know the actual CoS on offer, but I know that for the G650 Captain position they require relocation to KSA with an expat contract (I don’t know the terms!).

Lucifer786
1st Jul 2021, 16:14
Just curious. Do you by any chance know anyone personally who has actually been employed. Because I most certainly don’t.

Klimax
1st Jul 2021, 16:46
Nope, nobody. Zero. Nada.

I know a lot of G650 pilots who has been contacted directly by the company recruitment team, and now various independent recruitment companies are having a go at it. To me the in-house recruitment drive has obviously not been successful in recruiting the pilots needed. Knowing some of the pilots that have been screened for these job positions, I can only conclude that the CoS offered are not meeting the required terms and I personally believe, more specifically, that the requirement for relocation to live in Saudi Arabia (as opposed to rotation!) is The show stopper. It baffles me that they believe it’s possible to attract the right people for this type of operation without offering a rotation. Let’s see how that goes.

Lucifer786
18th Jul 2021, 16:39
I don’t suppose anyone’s got a call beyond the very first call and the signing of the NDA right ?

Klimax
19th Jul 2021, 08:24
I haven't heard of anything more than what I already said a few posts earlier for the screening. The whole CAE and other recruitment company efforts in recruiting pilots are TBD.

parabellum
19th Jul 2021, 14:06
Very few airlines offer a commuting contract now. Saudia itself used only to offer expatriate contracts with fairly relaxed, (but no alcohol), accommodation in expatriate enclosed compounds/villages. Saudia also allowed crew to put them selves on a crew dec. when starting days off. Travel to and from destination in uniform, pilots responsibility to make sure they were back in time for next duty. Singapore tried basings but dumped it as soon as they could, accounts wanted it but operations didn't. Didn't allow for a stabilized and fair captains roster, among other things.

Klimax
19th Jul 2021, 21:32
Why is this relevant to the Gulfstream G650 Saudi Royal Aviation Captain positions? It’s not a commercial airline ops, it’s quite a different operation all together.

Sorry mate, just re visited the OP topic and realise this was about B777.

Klimax
19th Jul 2021, 21:37
Nexus is 34 on and 31 off. Jet Aviation is 1 mth on 1 mth off on the large cabin biz jets. Fact.

CE5
1st Aug 2021, 08:10
Would be grateful to anyone working there or has gone through the process recently, if they could share their experience please. Basically from the moment the CV was sent or NDA signed, to the day you arrive in Riyadh to start with SRA. Thank you in advance for your help.

piomr
1st Aug 2021, 17:52
After signing the NDA, you will be contacted to arrange the interviews. Mostly basic questions to get to know you. Your skill and experience are taken for granted, based on getting to this point. A few aircraft specific questions, limitations and memory items.

Also some basic ATPL knowledge - try to review "how to ace the technical" as there will be questions covered by that book (meteorology and theory of flight).

Important: be confident, and make sure to discuss your expected salary even if not asked. If you mention a figure common to TREs in the region, you are under-selling yourself. Commuting is available if you press for it and negotiate well.

Ask for what you want, as a lot will be asked of you. Zero scope for errors once you are in and SRA will own you, be prepared. After arrival in Riyadh things go smoothly but slowly. Good luck.

Klimax
2nd Aug 2021, 10:38
Has the operation actually begun or is it still in the start up phase of a real operation. Any pilots actually hired or all in recruitment? Cheers.

lucille
24th Aug 2021, 09:16
If it’s a Jeddah base, go for it. A great place to live. If it’s Riyadh, hmmm… not so much… think long and hard.

Lucifer786
24th Aug 2021, 17:14
No more hiring.
They have taken a German ex SAUDIA B787 Captain as an IP on the B777. He is so complexed about himself that he has publicly announced in a couple of public ( friends and colleagues ) venues that saudis are as good if not better than the expats that they planned to hire. And thus why should Saudi jobs go to expats. Obviously he was trying to play the tune of the local saudis. So as to put a stop to external recruitment ( making him the only expat in the SRF ) and to resume recruitment from qualified Saudi pilots !
This happened in the last couple of days. He is still gloating around so I thought I might want to post this while I still can.
Expect your “thank you but we don’t need your services” email soon if you haven’t got it already.
How did he get in …? Right place ( Riyadh in SAUDIA ) at the right time ( his Saudi contract expiring ) and a pinch of knowing some people in the mother company having spent some 5-6 years in the pit.
Just saying …

1under2over
25th Aug 2021, 03:42
Yes I know the type. Other expats would probably make him look inadequate and expose his weaknesses.

VAMY
25th Aug 2021, 13:17
Actually the guy is a very proficient and very highly qualified EASA TRI/TRE qualified on both B777/B787 as well as nearly all the Airbus family. He’s a quality article. Actually Saudia does have some very, very good pilots. Most of them initially trained by TWA back in the day, which would’ve been the early 1980’s. Captain J and his ilk. Not a slouch amongst them I might add.

Lucifer786
25th Aug 2021, 18:25
Wrong info completely.
He is simply a GACA junior IP on the 777 which he flew 5 years ago and not current on it either!.
He was removed from his post as IP with SV for some ‘favors’ that he did to his American friends who were so underqualified that they failed a couple of standard OPC checks with SV and had to be passed by this guy ( AK ). In turn the ‘american friends’ who don’t have a single hour as Instructor on any type are being promoted by AK to join the royal fleet without adequate background checks as 787 trainers.
So now we are compromising the royal family for our personal benefit …?
Would be interesting to hear the reaction of the Royal fleet managment when they hear of a guy above 60 being chosen over other far better qualified and younger aviators, just because he is recommended by another who has equally dubious credentials.
On another note it would be interesting to see how a guy with Thai half parents makes it to the Saudi royal fleet when the two monarchies are still at daggers drawn … 🙄

King on a Wing
25th Aug 2021, 19:22
Couldn’t have been out better Lucifer.
Very sadly but quite definitely, I would have to wholeheartedly agree with Licifer786. Much against my policy of bad talking.
This so called “EASA TRE” is very very well known to me and almost all of the local expats for his shark smile and sharp stab. He was never an EASA examiner and in fact was with a colleague of mine in a certain airline in the sub continent ( King fisher airlines ). From which he was very unceremoniously given the pink slip for having had a very very dangerous situation go completely out of control involving his FO and a flight attendant ( who were in fact lovers ). This situation caused panic in the top managment of the airline and the ministry apparently pressurized the airline to sack him giving minimum notice. AK ( the EASA TRE hahaha ) pleaded his case even offering to marry the FA ( who is now his wife ) but it didn’t hold water with the ministry.
With 6 prior FOQA hard landings and 3-4 long ones to his name in the previous 6 months, I don’t think he had much of a chance !
And now Royal has him as a trainer …..? Shocking if MBS and team gets to know.
His “American Thai” cronies that he’s trying to get hired with royal have similar track records where they were thrown out of at least 3 legacy carriers. The last one being a very well known Singaporean low cost where he was de rostered with one weeks notice to leave due to his tantrums.
This is what I know and it’s strange that others know so much too.
I guess aviation is a small village indeed.
🤭

Lucifer786
29th Aug 2021, 01:15
Oh well. I’m certain time and tide spare no fool.
Royal fleet need to Re think it’s strategy if it wants to walk the straight and narrow and have quality pilots rather than ones that come ‘recommended’ by friends.
Can’t afford a hull loss can they …?

ThrustAssymComp
29th Aug 2021, 01:46
Is CPL with 777 rating acceptable? Thanks

Lucifer786
29th Aug 2021, 07:22
No. They’re looking for Captains only.

ThrustAssymComp
29th Aug 2021, 09:06
thank you very much

VAMY
7th Sep 2021, 07:04
King On A Wing & Lucifer786,

Gentleman, I have to say you are both either talking out of the back of your heads or through your arse. Personally speaking, I think the later. If it is the same person we are discussing, then he most certainly is an EASA TRE. This can be easily confirmed and verified by going to the relevant website of the national CAA concerned (in this case the LBA), and searching against his name and licence number. Should you wish to do so, you will quickly asertain that the gentleman in question is indeed a highly qualified EASA TRE and qualified as an EASA Examiner on the following aircraft types A320, A330/A350, A340, B777/B787. As you must certainly be aware an EASA TRE holds examiner status and privileges. I might wonder if you gentlemen are similarly well qualified? I think not? As for the hard and long landings? Show me a seasoned and experience pilot who has not done a few of those in a long aviation career, or been on the Flight Deck when one of those events has happened, and and I'll show you a liar. To paraphrase a well known Biblical verse (John 8:7), "let he that is without sin amongst you cast the first stone".

As for his alleged past indiscretions at previous airlines etc. I would have to say this. "It is not gentlemanly to gossip about a person behind his back" and certainly displays poor manners to to cast dispersions on his family lineage and wife in your articles on an aviation forum. If I were he and I came upon the two of you face to face then the both of you would be at the receiving end of a "Glasgow Kiss", for the insulting and personal remarks you have made.

As for your "holier than thou" attitude is concerned. I presume from the contextual remarks you have made that you are either both currently with Saudi Arabian Airlines as Flight Deck Crew or you were in the past? If that's the case then I would hazard a guess and say that neither of your previous employment history's, prior to Saudia would be without blemish of one sort or the other. Very few expats working for Saudia have an entirely laudable prior employment history. Maybe I am wrong but if I were to hazard a guess I would say that you gentlemen are in the same position?

Lucifer786
30th Sep 2021, 07:32
VAMY,
I think we are talking about two completely different people here.

kungfu panda
3rd Oct 2021, 18:46
Lucifer you're a disgrace.
you've got the biggest chip on your shoulder because you chose not to take the unpaid leave offered. You've spent the time since trying to screw your ex-colleagues. Now. :mad:

And we know who you are as well, so be very careful what you write. You'll start having difficulty getting future employment.

I strongly recommend that you delete all of your posts and disappear from PPrune fast.

Lucifer786
4th Oct 2021, 09:02
Kungfu,
The persons that I spoke of are fortunately not my colleagues. Or ex colleagues for that matter !
On the other hand, you seem to get affected rather viciously about someone you don’t even know. Or are you the person concerned in fact and just can’t take what happens to be the truth.
No need to get vindictive about plain simple facts unless it’s you that I was talking about, hiding behind an anonymous name in a rumor network.
In which case I justify your outburst.
The truth after all is always stranger than fiction and a whole lot more bitter !
Thanks for threatening someone who is already very well and productively employed for ‘not getting future employment’. And that too on an open forum.
You are surely a class act 🙄

Flaperon777
4th Oct 2021, 09:22
kungfu panda

Am not associated with the topic at hand, but having read this thread and then this particular post by Panda I am forced to reiterate whether an anonymous forum should indeed stay anonymous.
What a shameful disgusting post by panda. At the very least unethical and threatening. If I was Lucifer and I knew this Panda gent/lady I would have initiated some sort of legal action against him.
Disagreement in a public forum is quite the norm. Threatening an apparent colleague with job loss or un employment is NOT. It not only speaks volumes for the kind of person Panda is ( assuming that they are talking about the same person ) but also re enforces Lucifers observations and comments.
Well done Lucifer for making a good assessment and for keeping the fight fair.
Disgusting and shameful Panda for your below the belt comments and threats. I wish this wasn’t an anonymous forum and would love to hear you speak like this to me.
Even as an outsider to this exchange, I have a fair idea who you might be. So save the mud slinging.

King on a Wing
4th Oct 2021, 09:40
VAMY

Someone once said ‘A lie will travel twice around the world before the truth gets out of bed’.
VAMY, I strongly feel that you should recheck some facts (assuming that you belong to saudia or sra) before you make such disclamitory posts.
I know both the gents in question very well and I can vouch for their fake certifications and dubious pasts. One was a first officer when I was a Captain in a Far East airline and hadn’t flown a single hour as Captain throughout his career in that airline as long as he was with them. Miraculously he now has thousands of hours as PIC on a heavy jet from that very airline…!!!
The other has never been a Line Trainer even on a narrow body before joining SAUDIA but claims to be a practicing TRE with other regulators.
Wouldn’t be too difficult to call their bluff.
I suppose that’s what they meam when they say ‘Thick as thieves’.
And that’s a very sad and desperate post Kungfu Panda sir. Nothing personal here.
Now I’m ready for incoming flak

kungfu panda
4th Oct 2021, 11:35
Lucifer786

We all know exactly who you are mate. It was a simple elimination process last year of those who hadn't taken the unpaid leave, from the B777 fleet. There weren't many. I flew with you, at that time I believed you to be a Gentleman. How circumstances cause the true character to be displayed.

You are attempting to destroy or at least disrupt the career of our German Colleague and friend. That is a pretty evil action to take part in, especially whilst attempting to be anonymous.

You clearly and indisputably have a chip on your shoulder and continue to try to disrupt the tranquility of your colleagues at your former employer.

I'll name you publicly if that's what you wish?