PDA

View Full Version : Current US entry test requirments?

DaveReidUK
15th Jun 2021, 12:00
Son and DIL are moving to the USA next week (on an NIE waiver).

The FCO website is currently saying that either a NAAT (i.e. PCR) or antigen test (i.e. lateral flow, though presumably not a self-administered one) is sufficient for entry to the US.

Reliance on a lateral flow test, rather than a PCR one, would seem a tad unwise. What does the team think ?

SpringHeeledJack
17th Jun 2021, 06:44
Belt and braces ? They should get a PCR test done as close to the departure date as possible to allow safe receipt of the (negative) results and perhaps a lateral flow on the day. The airline they are flying on should be obliged to advise, or at least know the most up to date policy and if a self-administered LF test on the day of travel is acceptable.

redsnail
17th Jun 2021, 09:49
From the Travel Doc website, it looks like PCR/LAMP/Antigen is acceptable. Home kits ok but need video proof. (So I wouldn't do that one).
The PCR one is the most accurate (as we know) but there can be issues getting the results back in time. If you work on 36 hours you should be ok.
Some centres guarantee a result well within 24 hours but you're looking at £199.
Traveldoc (https://www.traveldoc.aero/)