PDA

View Full Version : Police/Ambulance Jobs

arviator
21st Aug 2002, 07:19
Greetings All. Anybody have the low down on whether any public service jobs are coming up?
:D

groundcushion
21st Aug 2002, 17:02
Saw in Flight International that North Wales Police are looking.

Thomas coupling
21st Aug 2002, 18:23
We are. Send us your resume to:

[email protected]
Attention Chief Pilot.

Applications close 27/8.

Interviews about mid Sept.

CyclicRick
21st Aug 2002, 19:56
When is the position to be filled by ie starting date?

Letsby Avenue
21st Aug 2002, 22:29
TC. With 500 hours NVG, High mountain experience (14500ft), plus vast A2 QHI type flying in the MFTA coupled with three years as a police pilot (EC135 to boot) I thought I might be in with a shout but then I spotted the small print.... Who wants to move to North Wales on a three year contract ?????:( :( :(

Best regards to DT, He'll remember Butlins!

Thomas coupling
22nd Aug 2002, 00:45
Post to be filled as soon as possible after interview. We will have to wait for the right candidate to do his/her notice!

Letsby...is there a problem with 3 years in N Wales? I've been on that contract since '94:)
Perhaps you've got a problem with the area?

Letsby Avenue
22nd Aug 2002, 08:42
Very nice part of the world to live in TC - No slight intended.. Still can't quite get my head around a three year contract which seems to last for nearly 9 years! My point is - If it isn't a three year contract why say it is?:confused:

Helinut
22nd Aug 2002, 16:38
There is always some reluctance from police forces to take on more people as "permanent staff". When ASUs go to direct employed pilots they often have fixed term employment contracts. This enables them to take another look at "best value" (which is a major driving force in most police forces) at 3 yearly intervals, or whatever.

In reality, there is little chance of a force who gets a helicopter giving it up. For all the occasional sniping at ASUs, the general consensus is that they help the bobbies on the ground and enable the seniot managers to achieve targets etc., and are therefore a GOOD THING.

IMHO if you have faith in your own ability and you are reasonably diligent, the chance of a contract not being renewed is not great.

Thomas coupling
22nd Aug 2002, 18:12
Thank you Helinut.

Letsby Avenue
23rd Aug 2002, 09:46
Can't argue with that..:)

Whirlybird
23rd Aug 2002, 10:35
Sounds like a great job, and I love the area. shame I'm not qualified to do it. :( :( :(

The Nr Fairy
24th Aug 2002, 06:18
Whirly :

Of course, it's an EC135. All you need is to dress like Bob from BlackAdder, get loads of confidence, bull**** your way around TC, and you could blag a job - like the guy almost did elsewhere recently.