PDA

View Full Version : Latest on jobs

arviator
21st Aug 2002, 07:00
Without wanting to get shot down for not keeping up, any news on who is, might or will be recruiting type rated & non-type rated crews?

foghorn
21st Aug 2002, 08:06
There are rumours that most airlines have been quietly recruiting for some time. Obviously, type rated crew have been the first choice since there have been plenty of them on the market.

It looks like many airlines have had a tight crewing situation over this summer and have expansion plans in place next Spring: to fulfil these they will have to recruit this autumn. Some airlines are planning a steady expansion throughout next year and have courses booked right through the year.

The only problem is that there are a lot of people out there looking for jobs.

All the above based on rumour and hearsay, of course, but this is a rumour network!

cheers!
foggy.

arviator
21st Aug 2002, 10:56
Cheers Foggy for getting the ball rolling. Obviously people will not want to say who exactly is and isn't recruiting beacuse then the flood gates will open..............However some serious rumours about the 'big boys' - BA, VS, etc will obvioulsy be good for us mortals at the bottom of the food chain! I have a mate who has just gone back to VS, however he was unemployed prior to that so no new opening created by his getting his job back!
Keep smiling people!!!

foghorn
21st Aug 2002, 12:32
Further to that I spoke to the Ops manager in one of the UK's busiest PPL flying schools a few days ago. He told me that he is preparing for some serious movement off to airlines from his instructors this autumn.

All hearsay still, but one by one the pieces of the jigsaw seem to be starting to fall into place. Personally I expect that we will see a feeding frenzy this autumn as airlines try to grab hold of the last type-rated and airline-experienced crew on the job market. Once they've been hired the market is wide open again.

The goings on at KLM are a bit of a downer on this, as it looks like KLMuk may no longer be hiring as an entity in its own right - it'll all be done by KLM in Holland - how's your Dutch coming along:D?

Tot ziens
foggy.

Flypuppy
21st Aug 2002, 12:34
Goed hoor!
For a small fee I can do you a Basic Dutch course ;)

Splat
21st Aug 2002, 12:41
Foggy,

My maam's Dutch (yes, it's true), will that help?
See you Thursday.

S

foghorn
21st Aug 2002, 12:50
Twee groot bier alstublief.

Tot ziens,
foggy.

(I've exhausted my knowledge of Dutch now :))

Splat
21st Aug 2002, 13:02
Sorry old bean, I never picked the lingo up other than counting and the few mandatory choice words that always got me in trouble.......

arviator
21st Aug 2002, 14:33
Can's speak dutch I am afraid. I do however possess a dutch cap. Will that help do you think??:D :D :D

Dutchman
21st Aug 2002, 19:21
Did someone mention bier !!!!!!!

Turbine1
22nd Aug 2002, 12:48
HI guys

I work for two major companies in the UK at the mo flying the 757, work it out for your selves!!!!!!
About to be made redundant at the end of October, great fun not!

I have made enquires with others carriers seems to be a very small trickle of recruitment, trying to speak to some on the phone is a major pain in the bum, until the words type rated come out of my mouth, then it's all nicely nice , arse.

As for my two companies apart from the rumours coming out I'll still don't know what to expect.

Will Iam off to have some neuken in de keuken

Doei
:D :D :D

scroggs
22nd Aug 2002, 13:32
I expect Virgin to begin recruiting before the end of this year, but don't all rush! There are likely to be no more than 20 or so jobs initially, and they will require 3000 or so hours, mainly on multi-engined jets. The pile of CVs is already huge.....

tailscrape
22nd Aug 2002, 17:51
Turbine 1:

You don't fancy DHl then like the rest of your jmc colleagues then? Me included?

Freight not suit you?!!!?

I would have thought it preferable to our passengers!

AMEX
22nd Aug 2002, 18:52
Yeah Turbine1, you could haul the kind of of freight you had in the old days;) Hey if you need a reference, just let me know, I ll put a word for you mate :D:D

Bemused
22nd Aug 2002, 23:03
Turbine1 - Spent two years in exile in Enschede... Believe me, neuken in the keuken is about all there is to do in the backwaters of NL!

Turbine1
23rd Aug 2002, 09:53
Now now guys I haven't said no to DHL, still waiting for the sim ride, and then i will have to make my final decision, that's if i pass it!

I will play the game just as the airlines do.

Amex will pick up that reference next week over a beer.

Fly safe;) ;)

arviator
24th Aug 2002, 21:24
Turbine1, as this is a rumour network, hows about letting us in on the rumours from your two employers? Any chance you can share with us what they have told you officially? I have a feeling its gonna be along the lines of: "well we are not quite sure about next year at the moment, but we cant keep you as it stands now", or something similar.................
Good luck with DHL; Two companies loss is anothers' gain!!