PDA

View Full Version : Lufthansa business class ID90

acb4u
9th Jun 2021, 14:08
Is it acceptable to wear jeans?

zed3
9th Jun 2021, 15:00
Personally, I would say no, out of respect. When on id90 I always wore decent trousers with jacket and tie, admittedly in the 80's and 90's. Decent dress will mostly get you on a flight, if possible and also maybe in First. But then times have changed.

Pistonprop
9th Jun 2021, 15:20
If it's long haul and you're well dressed you will stick out like a sore thumb ;) As Zed3 mentions, it was once the case that there was a fairly strict dress code for ID pax, especially in Business or First. It was easy to pick out who were the ID pax and who were the fare paying pax! I know that in latter years things were relaxed up to a point and I believe jeans are accepted as long as they are not scruffy or ripped etc. I think that jacket and tie is no longer a requirement but t-shirts are not accepted. I'm no longer acquainted with LH dress code. Why not contact their staff travel office and ask them.

Less Hair
9th Jun 2021, 15:24
Smart casual will work very well. Ties are almost unheard of these days. I still would prefer chinos over jeans.

acb4u
9th Jun 2021, 22:18
If it's long haul and you're well dressed you will stick out like a sore thumb ;) As Zed3 mentions, it was once the case that there was a fairly strict dress code for ID pax, especially in Business or First. It was easy to pick out who were the ID pax and who were the fare paying pax! I know that in latter years things were relaxed up to a point and I believe jeans are accepted as long as they are not scruffy or ripped etc. I think that jacket and tie is no longer a requirement but t-shirts are not accepted. I'm no longer acquainted with LH dress code. Why not contact their staff travel office and ask them.
There is a staff travel office to contact?
Obviously, jacket, dress shirt, cool shoes, and stylish, neat jeans are on the agenda lol....

Pistonprop
10th Jun 2021, 12:05
Ah, I see you're in the USA. Then contact LH at your intended airport of departure and ask them (to be sure).