PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Australia Recruitment

gg_gop
4th Jun 2021, 00:45
Hello,

Did anyone else attend the 17th of May 2021 Assessment Day for Virgin Australia Cabin Crew for Sydney Based?

I am currently in the transit lounge now waiting for the ground school. If we are on the same boat, I would like to keep in touch!

Thanks!

gg_gop
28th Jun 2021, 09:37
I have just been asked to do the video interview. Can you remember if you get a chance to prepare your answer once you start or do you have to record your answer straight away?Hello,

I am really sorry for my very late reply. This time i did not have to do a video interview but two years ago when I applied for regional cabin crew they did ask me to do it. So they sent me a link to do a video interview. You can prepare and take as many videos as u want and choose the best one that u like to upload it on the link that they sent you.

Which stages are you at now? I would love to hear from you! and again I'm sorry for my late reply cuz i did not get the notifications
Cheers

Rejoiner
4th Jul 2021, 09:43
Any rumours circulating on when they anticipate external SYD crew recruitment. I see that ADL and MEL are currently looking for new starters so hoping that SYD may be also looking for crew again soon.

scottybne
11th Jul 2021, 14:35
Does anyone have any updates, I’ve done reference checks, ASIC, just waiting on medical .

love2fly2022
25th Apr 2022, 18:03
Has anyone heard back from VA after applying for BNE cabin crew this year?

islandwings
4th May 2022, 00:20
Yes I did. I was sent a link for a video interview. Recorded it and thought I did really bad. Moving forward, I have been invited to an assessment day end of this month. How about you?

love2fly2022
4th May 2022, 00:50
Congratulations on moving forward. I still have not heard anything.

love2fly2022
8th May 2022, 22:39
Yes I did. I was sent a link for a video interview. Recorded it and thought I did really bad. Moving forward, I have been invited to an assessment day end of this month. How about you?
I would love to hear how it goes and if you find out anything about future assessment days.

love2fly2022
24th May 2022, 22:22
I have just received an email to do a video interview. Do you get the chance to record your response and re-do it if you aren’t happy with it, or is there just one shot at getting it right? Can you share what questions you were asked or not?

islandwings
26th May 2022, 03:52
Hey, I think it was just one shot per question. Video was 1 practice + 3 main questions. Have you done it?? Good luck with it. Also, I got through and onto referees. My fingers are crossed, haha

love2fly2022
26th May 2022, 04:24
Hey, I think it was just one shot per question. Video was 1 practice + 3 main questions. Have you done it?? Good luck with it. Also, I got through and onto referees. My fingers are crossed, haha
I submitted my video this morning. Congratulations on making it through!

islandwings
26th May 2022, 10:11
Yay you submitted it. Let me know if you get an assessment day interview. Good luck :) :)

islandwings
26th May 2022, 23:21
I just re-read your thread. Let me know when you get to Assessment Day and I'll give you tips. Exciting times :)

islandwings
30th May 2022, 12:05
Hey love2fly2022,
How did you go with your video? Any response from VA? :)

love2fly2022
1st Jun 2022, 19:28
Hey love2fly2022,
How did you go with your video? Any response from VA? :)
yes I just got an invitation to an assessment day yesterday! Very excited. Any tips are appreciated. Were all the ladies wearing red lipstick?
Have you gotten a date yet for starting training?

islandwings
2nd Jun 2022, 09:15
Congratulations! How exciting. Lipstick, some wore red. I didn't. I wore a lovely neutral which suited my conservative look. I can help you with your AD. Should we pm?

love2fly2022
2nd Jun 2022, 14:15
Congratulations! How exciting. Lipstick, some wore red. I didn't. I wore a lovely neutral which suited my conservative look. I can help you with your AD. Should we pm?
Good cuz I am not a red lipstick type either. [email protected]

emily713
4th Jun 2022, 10:56
Does anyone know if the current vacancy for cabin crew based out of Melbourne is domestic or international? Thanks

love2fly2022
5th Jun 2022, 03:22
I’m not sure but since VA is only doing domestic and short haul to Fiji, Bali, and NZ I am guessing that it is domestic

islandwings
6th Jun 2022, 09:43
Does anyone know if the current vacancy for cabin crew based out of Melbourne is domestic or international? Thanks
I heard from the recent assessment day, VA CC is only domestic and short international as the company is in recovery mode and that's what is financially viable for Bain Capital to keep the operation of VA running.

djw024
6th Jun 2022, 13:45
Im going to VA assessment day in BNE on the 22nd June Morning session, anyone come on the same session and same day? PM me plz

love2fly2022
6th Jun 2022, 14:32
Im going to VA assessment day in BNE on the 22nd June Morning session, anyone come on the same session and same day? PM me plz
I will be at the afternoon session on the 22nd.

islandwings
7th Jun 2022, 00:17
Good luck! The team are super nice! I attended the AD last month. I've had my ref checks and medical.

tsym98
10th Jun 2022, 04:55

I'll also be attending the morning session! :)

islandwings
22nd Jun 2022, 23:37
Hi guys, How did you go with your AD? I'm sure it went well. :)

tsym98
24th Jun 2022, 05:56
Hi guys, How did you go with your AD? I'm sure it went well. :)

It was great! Such a lovely team. I’ve received my email letting me know I’m progressing, just waiting for the checks to be sent to my referees :) Do you know how long this took for yours to be sent out?

Babs2023
25th Jun 2022, 06:57
I have attended a recruitment day and then progressed and have completed everything including a medical however haven't heard anything from Virgin. How long does it take after the Medical to know if your successful for flight school? I am based in Sydney

tsym98
27th Jun 2022, 05:06
It was great! Such a lovely team. I’ve received my email letting me know I’m progressing, just waiting for the checks to be sent to my referees :) Do you know how long this took for yours to be sent out?

Actually update- I received about 6 emails in one hit about my references being sent out and water assessment. Just waiting to book the medical now!

islandwings
29th Jun 2022, 13:02
Good question! I'm in Brisbane and everything's gone quiet since my medical. It's a slow waiting game.

islandwings
29th Jun 2022, 13:04
Actually update- I received about 6 emails in one hit about my references being sent out and water assessment. Just waiting to book the medical now!
I've done my referees & medical but didn't get asked to do my swim. Interesting.... It's gone quiet at my end too. Waiting game.

Babs2023
30th Jun 2022, 00:06
When did you attend your recruitment day?

tsym98
30th Jun 2022, 02:26
That's really strange they didn't ask you to do the swim...! My medical is all done now so also in the waiting game... hopefully we hear sooner rather than later.

Mgmfly
2nd Jul 2022, 06:21
Is anyone starting in the Sydney assesment day on the 1st of August?? Would love to connect!

Mgmfly
4th Jul 2022, 10:00
Is anyone starting in the Sydney assesment day on the 1st of August?? Would love to connect!
sorry I meant to write ground school not assesment day🥂

Babs2023
6th Jul 2022, 11:22
sorry I meant to write ground school not assesment day🥂

Congrats, how exciting for you!! When did you attend your assessment day? I have done all checks including medical but still waiting to hear, when we’re you notified?

Babs2023
6th Jul 2022, 11:35
Wondering where everyone is at with their application, nothing has progressed after my medial and ref checks etc and I’m starting to lose hope!!

Babs2023
7th Jul 2022, 02:44
Congratulations! When did you attend your Assessment Day?

tsym98
7th Jul 2022, 03:00
Wondering where everyone is at with their application, nothing has progressed after my medial and ref checks etc and I’m starting to lose hope!!

Had my medical last week and submitted my ref checks + swim assessment also. I'm hoping there's some further info soon!

Mgmfly
7th Jul 2022, 06:30
Congratulations! When did you attend your Assessment Day?
I attended assessment day on the 23rd of June! All up took about a week to get a contract! Starting ground school on the 1st of august if anyone else is in the same boat?

love2fly2022
7th Jul 2022, 15:22
I attended a BNE assessment day on 22 June. They said we would get 4 weeks notice for ground school.

love2fly2022
7th Jul 2022, 15:25
I attended assessment day on the 23rd of June! All up took about a week to get a contract! Starting ground school on the 1st of august if anyone else is in the same boat?
wow that was so fast!! Let us know how it goes!! Best of luck!!

Babs2023
7th Jul 2022, 22:09
Wow that’s incredible, how did you get everything done in time? I had to update first aid, do a swim check, medical and reference checks and it too me a couple of weeks to get this done. You must have been speedy.

Mgmfly
7th Jul 2022, 23:19
Wow that’s incredible, how did you get everything done in time? I had to update first aid, do a swim check, medical and reference checks and it too me a couple of weeks to get this done. You must have been speedy.
Thanks so much!! I had to get all of this done too, I just did it asap! When is your ground school?

tsym98
8th Jul 2022, 00:55
I attended a BNE assessment day on 22 June. They said we would get 4 weeks notice for ground school.

I attended on the 22nd as well and they said a ground school was coming up "soon"... I have a friend who's sister just started ground school in BNE on 27 June- perhaps they are getting through this group first?! I also got my references, medical & swim done within a week of attending AD.

Babs2023
15th Jul 2022, 00:48
Does anyone have a contact phone number for Virgin Recruitment, I need to speak to someone and can't find a number anywhere. Let me know Thanks :-)

cbdgal
19th Jul 2022, 03:30
Hi there - newbie here. I have been accepted into Ground School for Virgin Airlines but it won't start until August. Can someone give me a heads up of what type of training I will be learning? I am dyslexic, however that doesn't affect anything that I do and VA were great in accepting me. Being dyslexic means it can take me a little longer to grasp info so I would really like some insight into what I need to learn and how difficult the exams will be. Thank you for anyone who can help.

islandwings
19th Jul 2022, 03:39
Does anyone have a contact phone number for Virgin Recruitment, I need to speak to someone and can't find a number anywhere. Let me know Thanks :-)
Sorry I don't have their number. I hope someone can help you out asap.

tsym98
20th Jul 2022, 02:07
It doesn't look like they have a contact number and the best port of call is [email protected] if you haven't tried this already!

islandwings
20th Jul 2022, 12:31
Hi there - newbie here. I have been accepted into Ground School for Virgin Airlines but it won't start until August. Can someone give me a heads up of what type of training I will be learning? I am dyslexic, however that doesn't affect anything that I do and VA were great in accepting me. Being dyslexic means it can take me a little longer to grasp info so I would really like some insight into what I need to learn and how difficult the exams will be. Thank you for anyone who can help.
I haven't trained with VA but I have trained with 2 other airlines. You will do a lot of theory and pracs. Not only are you constantly studying and note taking, I found writing out questions and answers on cards. Like file cards or large size palm cards really helped. I also made these for my briefings once on line. Manuals will probably be on iPads. The pracs are also practising and memorising. Example; emergency drills. Basically you won't have much of a social life for 6 weeks during ground school as you have to do exams regularly and prep for them. Good luck :)

islandwings
20th Jul 2022, 12:57
May I ask, how long did it take from your assessment day to receive a ground school start date? I'm on hold in Brisbane. :)

Mgmfly
23rd Jul 2022, 12:47
May I ask, how long did it take from your assessment day to receive a ground school start date? I'm on hold in Brisbane. :) for me it was about a week! I’m Sydney based and did mine june 23rd I think it was :)

cbdgal
25th Jul 2022, 00:45
Thank you for your reply. I applied for Guest Services Agent not Cabin crew and we were told that it is 2 weeks of ground training. If anyone has done the GSA training I would appreciate any feedback. I have emailed Virgin but got an automated reply which didn't help my question. Thank you.

islandwings
26th Jul 2022, 03:53
May Assessment Day 2022 - Brisbane. Has anyone heard from VA Recruitment for a ground school date? My application page still says 'medical check'. I have completed everything post AD. So hopefully this means I'm waiting for Ground School. Has anyone been phoned or received an email for upcoming Ground Schools in Brisbane? Thanks :)

islandwings
26th Jul 2022, 04:01
That's really strange they didn't ask you to do the swim...! My medical is all done now so also in the waiting game... hopefully we hear sooner rather than later.
Have you received a ground school date? when was you assessment day? Just trying to work out timeline for myself. I had my AD in May 2022. Waiting.... waiting, lol :)

tsym98
26th Jul 2022, 04:40
Have you received a ground school date? when was you assessment day? Just trying to work out timeline for myself. I had my AD in May 2022. Waiting.... waiting, lol :)
Nothing yet, plus my application is still sitting under "medical check"... We're both in the same boat! My AD was June 23. 😥 Please let me know if you hear anything though :)

tsym98
17th Aug 2022, 00:54
Hi guys!

Just wanted to see if anyone is starting GS in Brisbane September 12? 🤩

love2fly2022
17th Aug 2022, 01:00
Hi guys!

when did you have your AD? I had mine In June and still waiting for ground school date.

tsym98
17th Aug 2022, 01:53
I had mine June 23, they did call quite late last night so they must be slowly making the rounds

islandwings
17th Aug 2022, 03:33
Hi guys!

Congratulations! I haven't heard anything yet. Was your application still on medical check prior to your offer?

tsym98
17th Aug 2022, 06:00
Thank you! Yes, it was still sitting under medical check this morning. However, I just signed in and it's changed over now. I hope you hear soon!

Treeques
25th Aug 2022, 20:53
Hi, did anyone on here attend the assessment day in Brisbane on the 25th of July? I've had my references checks and medical etc and they sent me an email to say they are just waiting for ground school dates. Anyone in the same boat?

love2fly2022
26th Aug 2022, 03:23
Hi, did anyone on here attend the assessment day in Brisbane on the 25th of July? I've had my references checks and medical etc and they sent me an email to say they are just waiting for ground school dates. Anyone in the same boat?
i had my AD on 22 June and am still waiting for ground school date.

Treeques
26th Aug 2022, 04:25
Have you one you done your medical and had reference checks etc?

Flyeverywhere
27th Aug 2022, 01:41
I have attended a recruitment day and then progressed and have completed everything including a medical however haven't heard anything from Virgin. How long does it take after the Medical to know if your successful for flight school? I am based in Sydney
Did you manage to progress from medical check?

KatieL2077
12th Sep 2022, 05:37
Good luck! The team are super nice! I attended the AD last month. I've had my ref checks and medical.

Hi islandwings sorry new to this… after you had your reference checks and medical did you receive another confirmation letter from them and how long after your medical if so did you receive it? I’ve done references and medical but still waiting to hear back now worried the medical hasn’t been processed through to them yet 🤣.
When do you actually find out if you have been hired?? T.I.A

KatieL2077
12th Sep 2022, 05:47
Thank you! Yes, it was still sitting under medical check this morning. However, I just signed in and it's changed over now. I hope you hear soon!

How long was your wait if you don’t mind me asking from “ medical check” 🙂

Treeques
12th Sep 2022, 10:01
How long was your wait if you don’t mind me asking from “ medical check” 🙂
Hi, did you attend the AD in July at Brisbane? I'm still under medical check too 😬 waiting game now 🤞🤞

KatieL2077
12th Sep 2022, 11:32

cbdgal Im doing Guest Services too ☺️ Can you tell me how long it took from your medical to get notified and how was the training?

KatieL2077
12th Sep 2022, 21:15
Hi, did you attend the AD in July at Brisbane? I'm still under medical check too 😬 waiting game now 🤞🤞

No I attended one in Sydney 🙂

RDSYDNEY
21st Sep 2022, 21:05
Hi everyone, did anyone attend the Sydney assessment day on the 19th September 2022? would like to connect

RDSYDNEY
21st Sep 2022, 21:18
I attended the on in Sydney on the 19th September 2022

KatieL2077
22nd Sep 2022, 11:57
RDSYDNEY was it for Cabin Crew or Guest Services you attended the assessment day for?

KatieL2077
22nd Sep 2022, 12:24
I attended the on in Sydney on the 19th September 2022

How did your Assessment Day go?? Did they contact you the same day?

MissDee2
29th Sep 2022, 04:59
attended assessment day 23 august.
have completed my medical, swim test, rsa, first aid & cpr.
still no word on ground school.
I know someone else who is starting ground school on 10 October.
anyone else in same boat as me. My online app is still on Medical Check.

love2fly2022
30th Sep 2022, 00:22
attended assessment day 23 august.
have completed my medical, swim test, rsa, first aid & cpr.
still no word on ground school.
I know someone else who is starting ground school on 10 October.
anyone else in same boat as me. My online app is still on Medical Check.
Have been waiting since July. Seems that it stays on Medical Check until you get notified of ground school. The silence is difficult.

emily713
14th Oct 2022, 03:36
Hi,
I just received an email to complete the video interview. Can you remember what questions they asked? Trying to prepare myself. Thx! :)

djw024
14th Oct 2022, 10:01
Hi,
I just received an email to complete the video interview. Can you remember what questions they asked? Trying to prepare myself. Thx! :)

You are lucky that I remember this, so there are 3 questions
1. what is good customer service and how u understand about personalised customer experience?
2. what do you like most about being a Flight Attendant?
3. can you work a 24/7 Roster

\If the question unchanged from May, these are the 3 questions you need.
1 min prep and 2 mins answer.
go slow, wear proper cloth and make up/ grooming. adequate facial expression, look at camera when you answering, and SMILE.

KatieL2077
16th Oct 2022, 07:01
Hi, sorry I have a question regarding the reference checks. When you say they're being "sent out" do you mean they email your references. Or will they receive a telephone call? Just checking what in your experience, because my references all live overseas. Thx :)

Mine got emailed, there’s about 5 questions depending on how they answer them depends on how long it would take to complete.. one of mine took 10mins to answer another 30. Just notify them to be on the look out, from when they told me my reference’s received 2days later. Good luck!

emily713
16th Oct 2022, 07:04
ok great, thx for the info! :)

Kdavi
9th Nov 2022, 06:17
You are lucky that I remember this, so there are 3 questions
1. what is good customer service and how u understand about personalised customer experience?
2. what do you like most about being a Flight Attendant?
3. can you work a 24/7 Roster

\If the question unchanged from May, these are the 3 questions you need.
1 min prep and 2 mins answer.
go slow, wear proper cloth and make up/ grooming. adequate facial expression, look at camera when you answering, and SMILE.

Do you have any other tips? I’m preparing for mine as well and I’m really nervous lol. Do you know if the questions change? I assume they would but you never know I guess. Thanks for the previous advice for us newbies

KatieL2077
9th Nov 2022, 15:26
Do you have any other tips? I’m preparing for mine as well and I’m really nervous lol. Do you know if the questions change? I assume they would but you never know I guess. Thanks for the previous advice for us newbies

The questions haven’t changed 🙂 Talk slowly and and clearly and dress for the role. Good luck!

emily713
10th Nov 2022, 06:43
I did the online interview around a month ago and the questions were the same. All the best! 😊

Architectflyer
16th Nov 2022, 07:02
Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, first time posting! You have all been so helpful and I’m so grateful this thread exists.

I did my AD in Sep (cabin crew) then have done my medical last month but haven’t heard anything back yet for GS, it’s been about a month since I heard anything, should I be worried or is the recruitment team waiting for an opening next year to contact me?

Really appreciate you all!

Flyhigh2022
18th Nov 2022, 06:43
Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, first time posting! You have all been so helpful and I’m so grateful this thread exists.

I did my AD in Sep (cabin crew) then have done my medical last month but haven’t heard anything back yet for GS, it’s been about a month since I heard anything, should I be worried or is the recruitment team waiting for an opening next year to contact me?

Really appreciate you all!

Hey there,
I did AD (Sydney) October and submitted all documents (including medical) last month and am still waiting too.

They told us on the day there was a GS in November then another in January.

The silence is a killer.

Here's hoping to hear something before Xmas 🤞

Cheers 😊

Babs2023
8th Dec 2022, 23:25
Anyone doing Ground School on Jan 23rd? I waited so long on medical check and got the Golden Call last week. Love to connect with anyone also in the same boat :-)

Babs2023
9th Dec 2022, 00:23
I forgot to say, don't lose hope as I attended the assessment day in Sydney in June and just got the call last week :-)

Yip
16th Dec 2022, 19:41
Hey! First time posting. I have have gotten through to the AD and just wanting to know what to expect and also what I can do to ensure I get the best chance of going through. This job has been my dream job since a kid! Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Flight2022
12th Jan 2023, 03:19
I received an Assessment Day invite for end of January.

Had to decline due to travel arrangements. Will have to wait till next AD.

A few months ago i did Qantas AD and im in the process of ASIC checks. Would like to know the outcome of Qanats asap as i don't want to go for 2 airlines to have to potentially turn down 1 of them in case i ever want to pursue the other in the future.

Ive also heard Virgin application process moves faster than Qantas

JCR1919
12th Jan 2023, 03:33
Hi there,

I am currently on the wait list for ground schools in Perth. Has anyone heard back regarding a date yet? I applied for this position back in May last year. I am very excited to start ground school when I can. Thanks in advance :)

maryb
12th Jan 2023, 04:41
I attended the Assessment day on the 6th December in Melbourne and currently in the Transit Lounge. Anyone else in the same boat? Fingers crossed we hear back about about a ground school date soon! :)

kva03
12th Jan 2023, 20:25
I attended the Assessment day on the 6th December in Melbourne and currently in the Transit Lounge. Anyone else in the same boat? Finger's crossed we hear back about as ground school date soon! :)

I attended one in Brisbane. Still stuck on medical, I also applied around Early December. I thought it was HR being on holidays but not sure. Thinking of emailing them 🙂

J63
16th Jan 2023, 06:53
Hello everyone!

Very grateful to have found this!

I have been asked to do the video interview for cabin crew with Virgin and I'd like as much information as possible! I'm quite nervous, so anything you could tell me would be extremely helpful!

I've also been asked to attend an assessment day for Altara/Jetstar, so any information you have on assessment days will be incredibly helpful too!

maryb
16th Jan 2023, 19:43
Ahhh, yes another girl from my group is also stuck on medical in the portal. She was thinking of emailing them as well. Let us know how you go!

maryb
17th Jan 2023, 01:40
I attended one in Brisbane. Still stuck on medical, I also applied around Early December. I thought it was HR being on holidays but not sure. Thinking of emailing them 🙂

I spoke to my friend and she said she sent them an email querying as to why her status has been stuck on medical for nearly a month and they responded almost instantly with the Virgin Australia Transit Lounge email. Maybe shoot them an email and see how you go. :)

valover
17th Jan 2023, 03:02
I’m currently in Transit Lounge for Brisbane (Assesment Day 22/11/22) & was told there currently isn’t any ground school dates at this stage. :( Not sure how long it’ll be until one comes up.

JCR1919
18th Jan 2023, 08:07
I’m currently in Transit Lounge for Brisbane (Assesment Day 22/11/22) & was told there currently isn’t any ground school dates at this stage. :( Not sure how long it’ll be until one comes up.
I am in the same boat as you. Attended an assessment day in August and still in the transit lounge. I hope we hear back soon. It’ll be worth the wait. Good luck to you!

Freshwings
23rd Jan 2023, 02:14
I am in the same boat as you. Attended an assessment day in August and still in the transit lounge. I hope we hear back soon. It’ll be worth the wait. Good luck to you! ​​​​​​​Me too! Can't wait to get started into ground school!!
They told us at AD (nov 22) they except to have a GS in Feb (Brisbane)

emily713
3rd Feb 2023, 01:24
Has anyone heard about any dates for ground school in Melbourne? I attended an AD in Jan :)

Leon 28
3rd Feb 2023, 01:34
Looks like we're all in the same boat. Attended AD in Melbourne in October.....still in the transit lounge.

Mk1338
6th Feb 2023, 21:17
Has anyone heard about any dates for ground school in Melbourne? I attended an AD in Jan :)
Hi! I am also waiting to hear back for GS. I attended AD on 9th of Jan and accepted on the same day. submitted all the required documents and medical in two weeks from then. The process seemed pretty fast until Medical check and now the status hasn’t moved on from medical check for about 3 weeks now. So I emailed VA team and they said they received my medical and was all good. They also said the GS opening up on April 17th and will let me know once they know have details about it, but the status still hasn’t changed from medical so more waiting.. 😔

emily713
7th Feb 2023, 01:16
My situation and timeline is as exactly the same as yours. On my AD they said that the next ground school training would be in March but I haven't heard anything regarding dates since then

mwtbafasb
10th Feb 2023, 20:35
Hi! I went to the brisbane AD in October 2022. I haven’t heard anything in ages and still in the transit lounge. Is anyone on the same boat? I don’t know if there’s a point in emailing them but hopefully ground school starts in March!

redmango
12th Feb 2023, 10:07
I attended the Assessment day on the 6th December in Melbourne and currently in the Transit Lounge. Anyone else in the same boat? Fingers crossed we hear back about about a ground school date soon! :)

Hiii, I have attended the assement day on the same day in Melbourne. Have you heard about the date for GS yet?

redmango
12th Feb 2023, 10:10
Hi all, has anyone heard about upcoming GS in Melbourne yet? I have attended the Assessment day in December!

Mikayla
13th Feb 2023, 01:23
Hi! I went to the brisbane AD in October 2022. I haven’t heard anything in ages and still in the transit lounge. Is anyone on the same boat? I don’t know if there’s a point in emailing them but hopefully ground school starts in March!

Hey!
I went to my AD in Brisbane, September 2022. I am also in the transit lounge. I emailed them last week and they replied saying they have no confirmed dates as of yet. Hang in there :)

redmango
15th Feb 2023, 13:32
Hi! Did VA team say that the next upcoming GS in Melbourne is planned for 17th April? I was told the date was not confirmed yet. Any updates on your status?🥺

Hi! I am also waiting to hear back for GS. I attended AD on 9th of Jan and accepted on the same day. submitted all the required documents and medical in two weeks from then. The process seemed pretty fast until Medical check and now the status hasn’t moved on from medical check for about 3 weeks now. So I emailed VA team and they said they received my medical and was all good. They also said the GS opening up on April 17th and will let me know once they know have details about it, but the status still hasn’t changed from medical so more waiting.. 😔

Mikayla
20th Feb 2023, 23:15
Hello! Is anyone attending Ground school in Brisbane on 6th March? I would love to connect :)

Leon 28
21st Feb 2023, 21:21
Hi everyone
I got called to start training on 20th March. Unfortunately I've decided to withdraw my application so that should free up one spot. Good luck.

Mk1338
22nd Feb 2023, 22:13
Hi! Did VA team say that the next upcoming GS in Melbourne is planned for 17th April? I was told the date was not confirmed yet. Any updates on your status?🥺

They said 17th of April but also mentioned that the date is subjective to change and will let me know more as the date gets closer. So finger crossed !! 🥲

Lozva
23rd Feb 2023, 07:50
Hello! Is anyone attending Ground school in Brisbane on 6th March? I would love to connect :)

ME!! I’m so excited! We’re you at the November AD?

Mikayla
23rd Feb 2023, 22:00
ME!! I’m so excited! We’re you at the November AD?

I was in the September AD. Do you have any social media I can add you on? It won’t let me respond to your message you on here :(( I’d love to become friends!

Lozva
24th Feb 2023, 00:36

Hey Mikayla, I got an email saying you had msged but I can’t access it. But I can’t work out how to get a subscription either 🤦‍♀️
If you want to reach out [email protected]

maryb
10th Mar 2023, 07:25
Hey redmango!

So sorry, I only saw this now. Yes, I'm in the 20th March GS in Melbourne. Have you heard anything back??

For anyone still waiting to hear back, I suggest you send them an email chasing it up. 3 of us who attended the same AD waited two months to hear back and we sent them an email to which they replied with a GS date. Good luck!

JackW634
21st Mar 2023, 02:33
Hey Everyone. I Applied in the Adelaide based position back in December last year as flight attendant. I passed the initial assessment and video interview but i've been stuck in limbo since and am still "awaiting the assessment day". is it normal to be waiting this long or is there an email address i can send to follow this up because i have noticed the application end dates on the official careers website keeps extending and I am keen to get started asap. Thank You

Lozva
24th Mar 2023, 19:55
I was in the September AD. Do you have any social media I can add you on? It won’t let me respond to your message you on here :(( I’d love to become friends!

hey Mikayla, my start date was pushed back as I have a holiday in May and couldn’t get leave approved before the start date. Did you start? How is it? I’m on fb but can’t post a link. I’m Lori.hancock.524

Kelkel
27th Mar 2023, 08:19
Hi Jack!
I also applied for Adelaide base, at the beginning of March & completed my video assessment on the 10th with an email inviting to assessment day - date yet to be determined. Hopefully not to much longer! Goodluck and will hopefully see you there!

Hey Everyone. I Applied in the Adelaide based position back in December last year as flight attendant. I passed the initial assessment and video interview but i've been stuck in limbo since and am still "awaiting the assessment day". is it normal to be waiting this long or is there an email address i can send to follow this up because i have noticed the application end dates on the official careers website keeps extending and I am keen to get started asap. Thank You

KittyKat82
18th Apr 2023, 08:28
Hi Jack!
I also applied for Adelaide base, at the beginning of March & completed my video assessment on the 10th with an email inviting to assessment day - date yet to be determined. Hopefully not to much longer! Goodluck and will hopefully see you there!

I’m in the same boat, just BNE base. Applied early March. Done video assessment and passed, now awaiting recruitment day. Anyone else in same boat?

Kelkel
18th Apr 2023, 10:26
I’m in the same boat, just BNE base. Applied early March. Done video assessment and passed, now awaiting recruitment day. Anyone else in same boat?

still waiting on Adelaide assessment day!

Lozva
18th Apr 2023, 11:11
Just wondering if anyone here is starting ground school in May at Brisbane? 😊

valover
18th Apr 2023, 11:49

I’m still waiting ground school :( my assessment day was in November 2022

Shazza90
4th May 2023, 01:45
Hi everyone I attended 3rd April 2023 assessment day in Sydney, I was progressed to reference checking, then was moved out of transit lounge to medical (I had also completed my swim competency and sent through my current RSA and first aid) I had my medical on 13th April. I still haven’t heard back should I be concerned? Anyone else from that day or even earlier ones for Sydney still awaiting a GS?

OZOS
5th May 2023, 09:42
Hello everyone
Ive applied for MEL base with the last recruitment add (May 2023). I have an online interview - can anyone give advice or tips? Thank you.

Kelkel
5th May 2023, 09:45
Hey! I just did mine not long ago and was told successful for the next stage and awaiting N assessment day.
Focus on your customer service experience as they ask questions relating to that. You get 1 practice run to see if your mic is working which is not submitted, then the rest of the questions are 1 run only with no do-overs. There was only 4-5 questions from memory, took no time at all. Goodluck! :) Hello everyone
Ive applied for MEL base with the last recruitment add (May 2023). I have an online interview - can anyone give advice or tips? Thank you.

OZOS
5th May 2023, 10:05
Thank you. Appreciate your reply Kelkel.

imogenkemp
7th May 2023, 12:51
I did my video interview a few days ago, how long did it take everyone to hear back about it?
i'm so nervous to hear back and its killing me ahahah

Kelkel
7th May 2023, 23:50
Hey! How exciting. I heard back that I was successful and invited to an assessment day (date tbc) the following day after my video interview.

I did my video interview a few days ago, how long did it take everyone to hear back about it?
i'm so nervous to hear back and its killing me ahahah

Kassey
9th May 2023, 03:29
Anyone care to share the questions that came up on the video interview?:ooh:

Kassey
14th May 2023, 09:46
I can confirm the questions are unchanged from what was previously posted. Even though I prepared and answered all the questions I was nervous and a bit rushed. Really not good at talking to the camera, can only hope they take this into account.

naa187
20th May 2023, 02:59
Hi, very new here. I recently applied (May 13th) received the video interview (May 16th) I was really obviously nervous, spoke very fast and really think I stuffed up at least one of the answers. I have not heard anything since. Should I assume its bad news as I read others heard back the very next day???

pyrophoenix
25th May 2023, 22:21
Does anyone know where VARA sends crews for the A320 type rating? Thanks in advance!

Freshwings
31st May 2023, 01:43
Hi valover, I got an email a few weeks back saying GS will be later this year for Brisbane.
I applied in Sept 2022 ..

Freshwings
31st May 2023, 01:51
GS Brisbane .. Anyone heard anything? Still in transit lounge (Oct 2022)
Also has anyone transferred their base. I updated my base preferences in the portal. currently considering relocating!

valover
31st May 2023, 08:29
GS Brisbane .. Anyone heard anything? Still in transit lounge (Oct 2022)
Also has anyone transferred their base. I updated my base preferences in the portal. currently considering relocating!

I also received and email on April 20th stating this. Hopefully we hear back soon! My Assessment Day was in November 2022.

shortfinal737
1st Jun 2023, 00:43
Does anyone know where VARA sends crews for the A320 type rating? Thanks in advance!

Most of the A320 training is in Perth, with a couple of days in Melbourne for the wet drills, slide and door trainer :-)

KittyKat82
5th Jun 2023, 08:39
Hi valover, I got an email a few weeks back saying GS will be later this year for Brisbane.
I applied in Sept 2022 ..

Hi Fresh Wings,

Ground school for cabin crew or guest services?

Shazza90
4th Jul 2023, 00:50
Hi,

just wondering if anyone else has been placed into 17th July GS for cabin crew in Sydney? I’ve been placed into it and would love to meet others!

Flyhigh1238
24th Jul 2023, 09:59
Hi everyone! Just wondering if anyone else is heading to the September GS for Melbourne?

luckyK347
30th Aug 2023, 05:00
Hi all,

Is anyone in the process of interviewing/assessment/ground school? How are you finding it?

Virgin Aus have opened Expressions of Interests for a couple of bases. Anyone know what sort of time frame they usually take from EOI to actually opening up for applications?
TIA

cantwaittofly
30th Aug 2023, 23:50
Hi all,

Is anyone in the process of interviewing/assessment/ground school? How are you finding it?

Virgin Aus have opened Expressions of Interests for a couple of bases. Anyone know what sort of time frame they usually take from EOI to actually opening up for applications?
TIA

I applied for Brisbane (they had it open on their website around end of July and then closed it a few days later - then have opened up expressions of interest) I’ve completed video interview and my page says I’m progressing to recruitment day 😁 I haven’t had an update on when that may be but crossing my fingers it won’t be too long!

Maria210
15th Sep 2023, 21:37
Hey guys, new to this thread. I’ve progressed to recruitment day. Can anyone give me a heads up what the day looks like and what kind of questions will be asked? So nervous but excited.

UsernameGoesHere
14th Oct 2023, 05:25
Hi,
So I'm just wondering what the salary for VARA is in Perth compared to working for VA doing domestic and short-haul international flights. I applied just last week and I know it's super competitive (I've applied a few times over the years but moved into the Education industry during COVID and now am trying again to get into Aviation), especially when it's quite a small fleet in Perth and not as many crew required for an F100 compared to an A330. Plus, chances for overnights and additional allowances when flying regional seem to be very rare when you're mostly flying up North to mine sites, back down, fly to other destinations and then back to Perth for the night (or other flights/combinations). Is that right or am I wrong in how this works?
Last year I applied for Network Aviation (QF) and got through to the AD but was in the UK so couldn't attend. I always wonder how that could have gone... Sorry, that had nothing to do with this subject or airline (I need that emoji with sweat on the side of its head haha - sadly it's unavailable on PPRUNE.).
Thanks everyone :)

UsernameGoesHere
14th Oct 2023, 05:30
Hey guys, new to this thread. I’ve progressed to recruitment day. Can anyone give me a heads up what the day looks like and what kind of questions will be asked? So nervous but excited.

Hi :)
From what I've heard, you start with group interviews and activities before doing a one-on-one interview. There is also information on the company, what the salary would be, and an idea of what it would be like to work as cabin crew with VA. I have not been to one, this is just what I've heard. Good luck :)

UsernameGoesHere
16th Oct 2023, 08:12
Hi,

I've been asked to complete the Video Interview for VARA PER. I have researched this, but am wondering if there are some people who have done it recently and be able to provide some pointers/the type of questions that were asked.

Thanks so much

UsernameGoesHere
17th Oct 2023, 07:40
Hi,

I've been asked to complete the Video Interview for VARA PER. I have researched this, but am wondering if there are some people who have done it recently and be able to provide some pointers/the type of questions that were asked.

Thanks so much
Anyone reading this - disregard haha. I completed the interview today :)
A tip for others: Make sure your VPN is off because I had connection issues and then thought that my VPN could be causing the issues, and I was right. I was so worried it would say I've done the interview when I hadn't due to the issues.

Dingochecks
28th Oct 2023, 02:44
Has anyone been given a GS date for guest services?

HAN778
13th Nov 2023, 22:38
Hi is anyone waiting for a ground school date for Guest Services Brisbane?. I was called up back in July but had to defer as the timing didn’t work. I had my group interview back in January this year. Would be keen to connect to others waiting for a start date.

Thanks

Travelgal003
14th Jan 2024, 12:32
Anyone in Perth been given a ground school date for VARA?

Made it through to the transit lounge in November.

Mads33
23rd Jan 2024, 04:16
Hiya, I applied for cabin crew Adelaide and about a week and a half ago I did the video interview questions. Just wondering if anyone knows how long the wait is to get a response for either progressing to the next stage or being rejected.

The wait is killing me.

Shellstar
24th Jan 2024, 03:15
Hi, just trying to connect with someone who attended the guest services assessment day on 28Nov 23 in Melbourne whos been successful. I received an email to say i was successful and now in transit lounge. 2 groups were supposed to start in feb and april for ground school but looks like this has been delayed till mid year as per email. I took it as being a generic email at the time as only received 2 weeks after interview and they were always talking about Feb and April but I guess now it seems likely it is mid year.

Kelkel
31st Jan 2024, 07:00
Hiya, I applied for cabin crew Adelaide and about a week and a half ago I did the video interview questions. Just wondering if anyone knows how long the wait is to get a response for either progressing to the next stage or being rejected.

The wait is killing me.

hey, well I applied for adel base in May last year, had interview online immediately after, however only just got an invite to an assessment day a few weeks ago and when I clicked on the link it was already full. So I missed out. They have no other AD’s planned.

Emstar
19th Mar 2024, 03:43
Anyone have updated info on the medical examination/physical tests that VA require applicants to do? Weights to be lifted etc? Is the examination outsourced to somewhere such as Bodycare or similar?

Hoping all well.

KittyKat82
19th Mar 2024, 03:53
[QUOTE=Emstar;11618924]Anyone have updated info on the medical examination/physical tests that VA require applicants to do? Weights to be lifted etc? Is the examination outsourced to somewhere such as Bodycare or similar?

Yes! I just did mine through Workforce Health Assessors.

Urine test, colour eye test, hearing test, height, weight, flexibility, squats, general eye test, arm/shoulder test strength.

Emstar
19th Mar 2024, 04:11
[QUOTE=Emstar;11618924]Anyone have updated info on the medical examination/physical tests that VA require applicants to do? Weights to be lifted etc? Is the examination outsourced to somewhere such as Bodycare or similar?

Yes! I just did mine through Workforce Health Assessors.

Urine test, colour eye test, hearing test, height, weight, flexibility, squats, general eye test, arm/shoulder test strength.

Thank you so much KittyKat82. Good luck!!

Flighty12345
19th Mar 2024, 07:38
Does anyone know what the starting pay is for VA cabin crew, I know they were offered a better pay increase after threatening to strike but does anyone know how much this is?

KittyKat82
20th Mar 2024, 21:40
Does anyone know what the starting pay is for VA cabin crew, I know they were offered a better pay increase after threatening to strike but does anyone know how much this is?

Once the new EBA goes through, base is around $52,000 - with allowances for the year $60,000 ish.

Emstar
21st Mar 2024, 22:38
Once the new EBA goes through, base is around $52,000 - with allowances for the year $60,000 ish.
Thankyou KittyKat82 !

FitFlyer
28th Mar 2024, 03:42
Hey!
does anyone know how long you usually hear back after a video interview? I did mine about 36 hours ago 🤣
also any idea of upcoming assessment dates in Perth? 😃
is the training done here in Perth or at any other bases?

trinklestar
28th Mar 2024, 15:14
Hi guys! I submitted a video interview last week. (Sydney base) How soon will the results come back?

FitFlyer
2nd Apr 2024, 01:46
Just got invited to an AD TOMORROW in Perth! Woohoo!!
Has anyone done one recently and could give me an idea of the Qs / what’s expected? Wasn’t expecting it at such short notice…