PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista refusing to support LMA12

Cymmon
1st Jun 2021, 12:08
During the lockdown I found a new hope playing football games on my laptop.
JUST recently the game stopped and said Vista is no longer supported. Is their anyway I can override this?
Thanks in advance

atakacs
1st Jun 2021, 13:54
Won't start to lecture you about running Vista...

But what triggered this issue ? Did you apply any sort of update ? Or just "out of the blue" ?

Cymmon
1st Jun 2021, 17:34
Just out of the blue!
was upset 'cos winning the league at the time. 😂

longer ron
1st Jun 2021, 22:29
Vista ?? - gosh that is almost as good as Windows 95 :)

reynoldsno1
2nd Jun 2021, 03:03
Have you tried right clicking and running as administrator?

Cymmon
3rd Jun 2021, 12:21
Yes, but for some reason it won't operate.

jimjim1
4th Jun 2021, 01:52
I guess this might not help much however -

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20127528/how-to-change-reported-os-version-in-windows-xp/20131377

" i want to run a newer game on Windows XP but it does not let me because minimum system requirement is Windows Vista."

"I solved it. I used application verifier tool (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20028)."

atakacs
4th Jun 2021, 02:00
Just out of the blue!
was upset 'cos winning the league at the time. 😂
What is the actual error you are getting?!

Pat UK
4th Jun 2021, 03:10
How about trying a 'System Restore', or whatever Vista might call it, back to a date before this problem occurred?

Jhieminga
4th Jun 2021, 08:37
The only other option I can think of would be to install a newer Windows version over the current installation. To me it sounds a bit like the game creators have decided (surprise) to stop supporting installations on Vista so if you can find out which newer Windows versions are supported, you can install one and upgrade your Windows environment (I think the offical term is a repair install or in place upgrade). Your installed software should remain and you might (hopefully) be able to continue your game.

Cymmon
4th Jun 2021, 15:00
I also have a windows 7 PC.
I will try all suggestions, thank you.