PDA

View Full Version : What is the origin of the ICAO training course codes?

ramzez
1st Jun 2021, 06:06
What is the origin of the ICAO training course codes?

Several ANS training centres around the world seem to use the same codes for the same courses, for example ICAO 051, 052. etc. but I can't seem to find these codes from any of the relevant ICAO documents (Annex 1, PANS-TRG, Doc 10056)

Equivocal
1st Jun 2021, 08:18
Try a search for TRAINAIR.

ramzez
1st Jun 2021, 09:02
I've done that and can't find it there either. Could you point me to a more specific location?

sheepless
4th Jun 2021, 04:43
They are history. I last worked in training 5 years ago and was always quoted these numbers even though they ceased to exist some years back. I could never find any current references to them. BUT people were always happy if you used them.

Any documents containing them have long since disappeared. (Or should have) In any case I don't believe that they were ever updated after the first issue. I would always tell people to use the European training materials. As I say I left the business some years back but understood, at the time, that ICAO were in the process of adopting the European work.

So globally, some training institutions, still refer to the numbers to identify the courses even though the contents of the courses have long since changed. At least this way there is some common understanding.

Anyone who is still in the business feel free to pick this post to pieces.

Incidentally I was once told that the original course outlines were produced by one man on a short contract. The later numbered courses were much less comprehensive than the first as the contract ran out. :-)

Neptune262
9th Jun 2021, 05:06
Hi Ramzez

Try this....sorry i couldn't find the pdf anywhere else online.

https://www.scribd.com/document/98970171/ICAO-Course-Numbers

PM me if you need ;-)

ramzez
14th Jun 2021, 18:19
Thank you for the answers! :ok: