PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from Brookfield Av

Ted Stricker
29th May 2021, 06:19
This is to share my very bad experience with Brookfield Av.
I had a contract with HNA Airlines through Brookfield Av.
After more than 1 year of unpaid leave, HNA decided to dismiss almost all the expat captains and it had to pay a final little amount.
As most of you know, the money came from the airline through the agency to the pilots, so Brookfield had to give me the money they had from HNA with no fees.
But for this last payment, they kept the 2.5% as a service fee saying that if I didn't agree I had to provide myself to get the money from HNA, which was almost impossible as the airline didn't even reply to my emails during the pandemic.
Clearly I told them that it was illegal, but they kept the point and the money.
As it is just a small amount, they know that it's not useful to sue them, but I want to share this with all the pilots to make them aware of how unfair this agency can be.
No other agency did the same: saty away from Brookfield!!

Tartiflette Fan
12th Jun 2021, 16:26
Since Brookfield is located in the UK, you could claim against them using this on-line procedure.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

Here are the fees, which I believe will be refunded ( paid by the loser ) if you win your case..

Up to £300 £35
£300.01 to £500 £50
£500.01 to £1,000 £70
£1,000.01 to £1,500 £80
£1,500.01 to £3,000 £115
£3,000.01 to £5,000 £205
£5,000.01 to £10,000 £455

I have read of numerous instances where the "other party" decides to pay up straight away when being informed of the case, if they are certain to lose (as you believe) to avoid costs and time wasted.