PDA

View Full Version : Phenom 300 EDNY - blown tire

His dudeness
28th May 2021, 08:36
According to the sensationalist gazette "der Spiegel" a D-Reg Phenom 300 blew a tire on takeoff in Plovdiv / Bulgaria and then flew to their MX base EDNY instead of LOWW.

"Waghalsiger Flug mit gutem Ende" -> "Reckless flight that turned out well".

Der Spiegel (https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/friedrichshafen-notlandung-von-privatjet-mit-acht-insassen-auf-bodensee-airport-a-6ef62397-5497-4738-8fb0-37c9a90347e2)

The reckless part is apparently, that they knew shortly after takeoff, that they blew a tire. Now, what exactly is considered reckless there is not clear to me, I think the crew did the right thing, brought down their weight, saved a ton of money and most important - everyone walked away from the incident completely unharmed. Were I their "chief pilot", I´d commend them.

The press - "the Spiegel" is considered one of the "flagships" of the german press - is just ....

Booglebox
28th May 2021, 12:15
We have a similar problem in Blighty with the BBC.

EatMyShorts!
28th May 2021, 13:59
Hi Dude, in general you have to differentiate between "Der Spiegel" (the printed magazine) and "Spiegel Online". At least in the past, they had 2 separate editorial teams ("Redaktionen"). Spiegel Online has always been of less quality than the printed magazine, because they do not have to decide within minutes or hours what to upload to generate page visits. It's all about the money...

His dudeness
28th May 2021, 22:02
in general you have to differentiate between "Der Spiegel" (the printed magazine) and "Spiegel Online".

I´m not sure if one has to or should anymore. SPON is part of the der Spiegel and the Spiegel itself sometimes borders on truly bizarre... and after the Relotius-scandal they - the mag - don´t have any credibility IMHO.

EatMyShorts!
29th May 2021, 09:47
Still, the printed magazine has a completely separate editorial team. Obviously, they do share articles, but the printed magazine features less dubious content, they don't need clickbait. The Relotius case has been resolved, they have learned something from it, they had to. No magazine/media outlet is neutral and tells the entire truth, that's normal.