PDA

View Full Version : SAIL opening base in CPH

Easyheat
27th May 2021, 11:01
Luftfart.nu and google translate
.New agreement between FPU and the SAS subsidiary SAIL ensures that pilots and cabin crew receive Danish, collective agreement-covered terms when SAIL establishes a Danish base. The agreement puts a stop to more outsourcing on foreign terms in SAS, says FPU chairman Thilde Waast.

When SAS 'Irish subsidiary SAIL establishes a base in Copenhagen, it will from the beginning fly on orderly conditions. FPU has secured this with an agreement with SAIL.

SAIL has for a number of years operated from bases in London and Spain, which has made Danish agreements impossible. The new agreement now ensures that pilots and cabin crew at a Danish base receive direct, Danish employment on good Scandinavian pay and working conditions.

The new collective agreement must help deter SAS from using companies that do not have Scandinavian terms, explains FPU's chairman, Thilde Waast.

shared reality
27th May 2021, 13:02
So....
SAS management fires 560 mainline pilots due to the covid pandemic, downgrades 200 Captains to F/O, and behind the back of the main SAS pilot unions signs an agreement with another union to start a contract SAIL base at one of SAS´s main hubs, which already has a large crew base.

This all takes place weeks before the current CEO leaves the company... One wonders if / how the incoming CEO was informed / in agreement etc?

If SAIL was a red blanket for SAS mainline pilots prior, this might erupt in an all out war, which in times like these could be devastating. Bring out the popcorn!!

I wish I was closer to retirement...

Easyheat
27th May 2021, 16:43
I assume that the aim for SAS within the next few years is to have all SH pilots on these terms and conditions, and only the LH pilots (A350) on the old terms and conditions, where salary etc. isn’t that important. Still is interesting to see what DPF and SPG will do now.

aviationvictim
27th May 2021, 20:12
Are the redundant SAS pilots then offered employment with SAIL instead on inferior T&Cs? Same base, same ac, same routes. Surely someone has a thing or two to say about this?
I hope I’m reading something into this which is not there but it looks more like Ryanair’s mode of operation than a Scandinavian flag carrier. Could any SAS pilot confirm?

shared reality
28th May 2021, 09:23
Confirmed, sad to say.

But it isn't over until the fat lady sings... and we are a lot of really p....d off pilots in the company right now.

aviationvictim
28th May 2021, 14:43
I’m embarrassed to be Scandinavian looking at this. They’ve just received extra state aid and then misuse the collective agreement system to undermine the SAS pilots. Absolutely shocking and a blow to the Scandinavian model.
I wish you the best for the upcoming fight.

A321drvr
31st May 2021, 09:01
What are the plans with the SAIL crew? Are they going to stay on a separate seniority or will be combed in somehow to the mainline list?

172_driver
31st May 2021, 17:03
Like single use plastic? Disposable when not needed anymore.

They're not on the seniority list with mainline.

shared reality
1st Jun 2021, 11:41
What is most strange with this whole sad scenario, is that SAS´s biggest stakeholders, the Swedish and Danish state, both have social democratic governments, yet they obviously allow the (their) board to conduct union busting, pilot trashing activities in the open....

All the while SAS (to my knowledge) still has way more employees per aircraft than most competitors, as well as fairly low terms and conditions for pilots when compared to other western flag carriers. It is simply sad to see firsthand this internal energy draining activities take place.