PDA

View Full Version : Adels Grove

Flying Ted
24th May 2021, 05:40
Hi Flyers,

Has anyone visited Adels Grove recently? In 2019 they had a fire but continued operating. More recently there has been a change in management and now the website says "Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are not accepting new bookings at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience."
I was planning to visit at the end of August so keen to find out the current status. No one is answering the phone.
Cheers FT

layman
24th May 2021, 08:26
Not been there since the fires.

Would Boodjamulla National Park be an option for you? I know nothing of it's state of repair.

If not already aware, Boodjamulla is a couple of kms down the road from Adels Grove

Camping | Lawn Hill Gorge, Boodjamulla (Lawn Hill) National Park | Parks and forests | Department of Environment and Science, Queensland (des.qld.gov.au) (https://parks.des.qld.gov.au/parks/boodjamulla-lawn-hill/camping)

UnderneathTheRadar
24th May 2021, 19:53
Thanks for the heads up - was also going to be there mid-late August. Have managed to book a spot at the national park.

UTR

Flying Ted
24th May 2021, 22:58
Thanks Layman. However, we weren't planning on packing tents. We're a bunch of softies!

layman
25th May 2021, 01:58
Understand. Prefer camping but just did a couple of weeks staying in cabins / motels in mid-western NSW. Too cold to camp.

Just a thought, last time we went to Adels Grove we couldn't get in for a few days - the road was closed (too wet).

After it opened, even with a 'proper' 4WD, we were scaping our sump guard and had the electronics doing their thing to keep us moving. A couple of days later a small 2WD hatch was able to drive in.

When we left Adels Grove, we drove south toward Mt Isa. We had to wait while a 4WD was pulled out of the Gregory River after it slipped off the ford. One of the rescuers got a free bath when he walked off the wheel tracks on the ford and slipped over in 30cm deep water.

On our trip out west we kicked up dust for days on end but still managed to get bogged near Lake Cargelligo (lucky we could reverse out). There'd been no rain in that area for a couple of weeks. My claim is the dust on the mud made it look solid ...