PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Study for FAA medical

this is my username
22nd May 2021, 12:25
I've had an AFib event and am trying to get my CAA and FAA medicals back. I'm back to normal health and I'm not on any medication.

The CAA requirements are all achievable, but the FAA want (in addition to the UK requirements) a "Sleep Study that meets current AASM or CMS Guidelines for a Type I or Type II sleep study (Type III or Type IV NOT allowed)". I think they are looking for sleep apnea.

I'm struggling to find anywhere that can do this. There are various home sleep test providers out there, but I'm not sure that they meet the requirements. Has anyone had one of these done, and if so could you let me know where and what was involved? Unfortunately my FAA Medical Examiner can't help.

Thanks.

deltahotel
22nd May 2021, 12:48
Dr Louise Reyner at Awake does all of our sleep studies/FRMS. I have no idea if this is what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Can’t seem to post a link but a search on Louise and Awake will work

this is my username
22nd May 2021, 13:33
Thanks. Not sure it’s the type of thing I need. I’m after the sort of study where you are attached to loads of sensors overnight and it tells you whether you have sleep apnea.

deltahotel
22nd May 2021, 14:10
Well that sounds fun! Again - good luck. Maybe contact Dr Reyner anyway - she may have ideas of where to go.