PDA

View Full Version : CX aircrew may have to get Covid-19 vaccine if they want to keep their job

jetjockey696
20th May 2021, 16:18
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/transport/article/3134231/cathay-pacific-aircrew-may-have-get-covid-19-vaccine-if?module=lead_hero_story_5&pgtype=homepage

Oasis
20th May 2021, 22:08
Not an anti vaxer, if they mandate it, can you depend on their support if you have adverse medical consequences from the vaccination?

ie lose your medical

fatbus
20th May 2021, 22:24
Is there any data to say there is a potential medical limiting side effects ? Did not have a choice pre gulf war 1 prior to deployment. Got jabbed for all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff. Still holding a class 1 .

Flex88
21st May 2021, 00:57
Please note; these vaccines are STILL EXPERIMENTAL.. That means there WAS NOT enough data spread over a sufficient amount of time to APPROVE the vaccines as normal.. Fill in the blanks!

fatbus
21st May 2021, 03:03
Which vaccines are you referring to experimental?

cxflog
21st May 2021, 04:00
ahhhh, this thread is going to bring some very interesting characters out of the woodwork

Rie
21st May 2021, 04:17
100% onboard with mandatory vaccinations. Let the anti-vaxxer essential oil and MLM makeup/health goods flight/cabin crew come out of the woodwork to put in their always truthful “facts.”

Many pilot jobs require certain vaccinations to be employed so why should Cathay be any different. You fly to Africa you should have yellow fever vaccine so why not just comply…

On a side note it would probably save a few visas if it was the redundancy checkbox… Also hiring of locals would be compromised in Cathays favour as there will be a fair few not taking it.

Bangaluru
21st May 2021, 04:59
CX aircrew “MAY” have to get the vaccine. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

If you didn’t volunteer for separation,
if you didn’t volunteer to return from your base, and
if you don’t volunteer for your vaccination,
standby, incoming. You had your chance.

I have no problem with any COVID-19 (or any other) vaccine.

Freehills
21st May 2021, 06:41
You also need a passport to keep your job, despite the fact that it is well known that they have chips in that governments use to track your movements in and out of countries. Sheeple, do your own research on Freemen of the Land!!! Getting a passport means you sign a contract binding you to Their Laws! Don't do it!

main_dog
21st May 2021, 07:01
(sound of popcorn being munched enthusiastically)

Asturias56
21st May 2021, 07:26
Don't register your kids birth! You're signing them up on the Ship of State as Crew!!! Represent yourself in Court! Ask for the Judges Oath of Office!!!1 ...

go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass GO

Silent Treatment
21st May 2021, 07:36
Seems like a few of the company's poster boys and girls refuse to get the jab.
A STC comes to mind...

swh
21st May 2021, 08:13
It is absolutely ridiculous that government staff working in the Covid wards finish their shifts and take public transport home without any sort of test and hold and without being vaccinated.

Just as ludicrous as those government workers at the airport go home after a shift without test and hold or being vaccinated.

I think all government employees from the leader on down should have mandatory vaccinations, I hear there is an excess of the Hong Kong Government endorsed Sinovac. What a better way to significantly increase the vaccination rate across the community to mandate vaccination by government employees.

About time the government makes anyone performing a public service from
transportation, utilities, health, and government get vaccinated, at least then the critical services can still function WHEN there is an outbreak.

Far too much complacency in the community with people not getting vaccinated, a Taiwan type community outbreak is very possible. The weak link in Hong Kong is all the government employees interacting with infected people that go home without testing and who are not vaccinated.

Jnr380
21st May 2021, 08:37
Apart from the anti-vaxx rhetoric on here, what does that article say about pilots and cabin crew? Cabin crew are more scared of vaccines or a stronger in telling the company to go f**k themselves

OR

The pilot body is more brave or too spineless to tell the company to go f**k themselves and will always comply with management?

Bueno Hombre
21st May 2021, 08:41
Would that mean to say that Hong Kong Government is considering reduced or even eliminated quarantine requirements for those arriving in Hong Kong with credible vaccination certificates ?

cadet7000
21st May 2021, 08:47
This is already the case, currently it’s only 14 days hotel quarantine coming from ‘medium risk’ countries and 7 days hotel, 7 days at home for low risk (Australia, NZ and Singapore). You need to be fully vaccinated with 2 weeks since the second dose for these rules to apply.

Mill Worker
21st May 2021, 10:21
I am struggling with the logic... By definition there are no current vaccines for WuFlu. The products being promoted as "vaccines" at best may reduce your symptoms and improve your chances of recovery in the highly unlikely event that you catch the virus and have a severe reaction to it.

None of the six or so products currently available prevent you from catching or passing on the virus... so to think that quarantine measure can be thrown away is rather optimistic. Of more interest are new drugs that may actually cure you if you catch it. Early days but encouraging results however even under "emergency approvals" probably at least a year from coming to market.

Rie
21st May 2021, 10:24
What vaccine type experience and vaccination certificates are currently acceptable for these reduced requirements for arrival in Hong Kong ?

This is a month old but I doubt it changed.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1357x1060/whatsapp_image_2021_05_11_at_4_37_53_pm_6abc5ae2d7a837484993 07f1cfeca4c3086a5fa0.jpeg

Oasis
21st May 2021, 12:51
Mill Worker

I just had a bit of a look into general vaccine efficacy (protection) mumps, etc.
it looks like most vaccines don’t protect you 100 percent, so the touted 95 percent efficacy of for instance Pfizer against covid is not bad at all.

if you have the vaccine, another benefit is that if you do catch the disease, you are also a whole lot less likely to be able to pass it on.

the final benefit is that if you do catch it after taking the vaccine, your chances of hospital admission is near zero.

SaulGoodman
21st May 2021, 12:53
it significantly reduces your level of sickness, symptoms and viral load. Thus you are way less contagious to others who might not be able to get a vaccin due to their medical situation. For instance my stepmother.

Check Airman
21st May 2021, 14:46
Flex88

Everything you wrote here is false. Can you cite any reputable sources to substantiate your claims?

fatbus
21st May 2021, 14:46
There in lies the problem! The " me" movement does not want to help because there is nothing in it for them until they catch it . A travel passport and or no entry into a country may change the "me" people . "Me"- children of the magenta line.

pass the popcorn !

happyjack
21st May 2021, 15:01
Or perhaps there is much more to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpsLvHOjHCA

a_ross84
21st May 2021, 16:17
Mill Worker

Calling it the 'wuflu' says a lot about you. None of it good.

Krone
21st May 2021, 19:25
I spent many years as a pilot in hk. One of the things I learned was that expat pilots generally resisted change, kicked up all kinds of fuss, and became rather bolshy .But, In the end, 95 % roll over and accept their fate. Vaccination being the case.

Get a life guys, get the jab, and protect your job, your family and the world. Crews, after all, are potentially mega spreaders. I’m on the side of the authority’s for once . Btw I've had my vax.

controlledrest
21st May 2021, 22:13
Oasis

Short answer: Not at all!

sjimmy
22nd May 2021, 06:41
If CX had a management that actually did something and wasn’t busy running to the 747 they should have bought 6000 vaccins, made available to crew when they came out.
For once Cx would have looked pro active, and the government would have to look at other entities to blame.
HKG and CX are a ****show, no visa/base closures/closed loop/quarantine 21 days/VSS/no rosters to name a few.
CX is only reactive, and obviously in the wrong way.
Funniest thing, Merlin is leaving because his family wants to go to the UK.
In the meantime he f....d over multiple families on bases and HKG because of base closure and cos 18.

Memetic
22nd May 2021, 06:50
Mill Worker

All vaccinations teach various type of immune system in your your body to recognise a disease causing agent, e.g. a virus so that it can be attacked next time.it is encountered. It sounds like you would agree with that.

But no vaccine prevents you catching a disease. The immune system is internal. So of course you need to internalise, that is catch, the virus for the immune system to start working in response. The whole point is that when you do catch the virus the trained immune system stops it multiplying as fast, keeping the infection to a manageable level. So you don't get ill - leaving the perception that you have not caught the virus. When in fact you did, but fought it off. Then as immune cells multiply in response to the infection, they overwhelm and eliminate the virus.

​​​​​​So these are just as much a vaccine as any other you have ever taken.

MENELAUS
22nd May 2021, 06:56
You’re trying to bring far too much reason in to this forum.
The tin foil brigade just don’t get it.

main_dog
22nd May 2021, 07:05
Yes, dear Sir, please stop with your pesky logic, rationality and science, and let this forum get back to what it does best.

Now, where’s that popcorn...

Rie
22nd May 2021, 09:07
I am not sure about the airlines but that definitely happened with the NZ border protection/security at Auckland airport. The staff were told either to get a jab or sorry but we thank you for your time.

Freehills
22nd May 2021, 10:21
True - they weren't forced, but their role was deemed to require vaccination, and no alternative posts were available, so a couple of anti-vaxxers made themselves redundant. Their choice.

kungfu panda
22nd May 2021, 11:19
Rie

I am not sure about the airlines but that definitely happened

Even with my Middle Eastern airline, it's take the vaccine or lose your job. I totally agree with that position. Before modern vaccines life expectancy was 35 years. Do we want to go back to those days?

Avinthenews
22nd May 2021, 12:02
https://coconuts.co/hongkong/news/peninsula-hotel-offers-hk2000-bonus-and-paid-holidays-for-vaccinated-staff/

Peninsula Hotel offers HK$2,000 bonus and paid holidays for vaccinated staff

CX cabin crew next?

Rie
22nd May 2021, 14:07
They won't spend a single dollar to get the crew to have the jab. Better removing them and saving the money. The fear alone will cause the others to rush to the vaccination centres.

Jnr380
22nd May 2021, 14:32
Ha! CX will only offer money when they’re backed into a corner (ie closed loop). What they’re going to do now is they’re going to fire crew who don’t get the vaccine before a certain date.

Oasis
22nd May 2021, 14:35
I don’t really want to fly with unvaccinated crew..

there, I said it

Threethirty
22nd May 2021, 19:57
Oasis, why not if you’ve had the vaccine, surely that’s the whole point in taking it right? Or does the vaccine only give you immunity if you catch the virus from another vaccinated individual? I’m intrigued to hear your logic

SloppyJoe
22nd May 2021, 20:45
I'm with Oasis, not because I am worried about catching the virus, because the selfish :mad: sitting next to me is one of the people who caused this to drag on longer than necessary, one of the people who caused more people to lose their jobs, one of the complete :mad: who thinks it's ok to just wait for everyone else to step up, whilst more and more families futures get ruined. I wouldn't want to fly with someone who was not vaccinated, because they are a selfish ****.

Koan
22nd May 2021, 22:53
Just get your jabs. A "no brainer".

Curry Lamb
23rd May 2021, 08:48
Soon all those non PR/non citizens who missed the 12 May deadline to resign, will be made redundant, and if you’re an anti vaxxer, you won’t be able to leave the territory :rolleyes:

If you thought Hongkers wasn’t all that expensive, you’re in for a very rude wake-up call.

Outbound travellers will be required to get jab: CE
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1592244-20210523.htm

Rie
23rd May 2021, 09:19
I am expecting it to be like the Singapore (burst) Bubble. The only people they could enforce to have the vaccine to travel were HK passport holders. Anyone with dual citizenship and using their other passport was exempt. Not going to stop the majority. Many of the HKers I know (who want to travel) are waiting until new of border opening to get the vaccine. This defies logic but logic is out the window right now.

krismiler
23rd May 2021, 09:36
CX don't really need to enforce vaccination, complying with other countries likely future requirements for unvaccinated crew will make it virtually impossible for them to work anyway.

A negative test at own expense prior to departure together with quarantine on arrival and another test on return to HKG followed by three weeks locked up, again at own expense and it wouldn't be worth working.

anson harris
23rd May 2021, 11:06
"I've done my research" = "I've googled it and read 3 articles. I am now an expert on vaccines and am not interested in the views of scientists and medics who have dedicated their entire lives to immunology and vaccine research.
Presumably you'll all be doing the same thing if you get a fatal disease or need an organ transplant? "Oh no Doctor, I read a thing on Facebook thanks - I'm not having you remove a kidney when I can take Vitamin C....".
I don't want to fly with anti-vaxxers either - I read an article on Facebook that says you can catch the stupid from spending 8 hours in an enclosed space with them.

WeelardPassord
23rd May 2021, 11:08
I believe being vaccinated was part of the cos08. Cos18...cannot find.

Curry Lamb
23rd May 2021, 11:22
krismiler

My sentiments exactly.

Get your VAX, or become a PAX
(on a one way ticket)

ManaAdaSystem
23rd May 2021, 14:38
Doesn’t your OM-A say you have to take any vaccines that are needed in order to carry out your job?
Our does. We have a few tinhat people, but most of us have no objections against getting vaccinated. I got mine two weeks ago.
Still alive.

I would rather not fly with those who refuse to get vaccinated. I still have a 5-10% chance to get infected. The risk to me from an unvaccinated pilot is way higher than from a vaccinated pilot.
Vaccination is not mandatory. Just say no. Stay home. Let the rest of us continue with our lives/jobs.

Twiglet1
23rd May 2021, 15:50
fairly normal Nigel responses. Its the same as me getting onto a flight - do I trust the Pilots - Yes. Do i trust the scientists - yes. They wouldn't go tell you how to fly a plane would they...

Koan
23rd May 2021, 19:43
Oasis, why not if you’ve had the vaccine, surely that’s the whole point in taking it right? Or does the vaccine only give you immunity if you catch the virus from another vaccinated individual? I’m intrigued to hear your logic

Everybody says that. I'm already vaccinated but it is not just about me. To achieve something that resembles what has been called herd immunity and begin a return to "normal" we need very high rates of vaccination in the population.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/02/18/967462483/how-herd-immunity-works-and-what-stands-in-its-way

Koan
23rd May 2021, 19:56
Koan : with that logic, you are indeed a "no brainer".

Sorry, I just didn't see the downside to vaccination with my MD and every public health organization in the world recommending it.
I was not likely to be swayed by FUD on the internet either besides a lifetime of shots with no apparent ill effect I'm not worried about what will happen in 10 or 20 years, as my vaccine hesitant friends have warned. What countries will soon be mandating vaccination for entry soon?

cannot
23rd May 2021, 22:12
Well for all those who feel that there are no dangers involved with this vaccine consider this data from the UK .
to date thousands of people have either had severe adverse reactions or died following vaccinations . I am not anti vax but every other vaccine has had years of testing before being granted a licence . The Covid 19 vaccines are still in phase 3 trials despite what some people contend on this site . They are wrong , by being granted emergency use you are unable to sue the vaccine manufacturers if something goes wrong

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1726x1756/13f380cc_94e3_44ad_8aa3_b73d9d71ccb2_65bd48d7abf797b0fe60e16 f096a8ab54ca0f2b5.jpeg
for the doubting Thomas out there here is the web site
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting#analysis-of-data
scroll down near the bottom of the page

level_change
23rd May 2021, 22:16
This vaccine is a serious threat to your health, do the research. You guys are pilots you should be able to read and draw conclusions based on information which is out there, backed by facts and beyond what your local government TV wants you to believe.

Gnadenburg
23rd May 2021, 22:47
I feel great after being fully vaccinated since March . How am I supposed to be feeling to suit your agenda ?

The other day I asked the doormen at my place in HKG if they vaccinated . They said NO- can not as we fat, have high blood pressure and diabetes. And they smoke, eat sodium loaded food and drink heavily . I said but if you get COVID you will cough yourself to death; last person you see is a nurse draped in plastic ( and I doubt they hold your hand in HKG )

What happened to the attitude that we wear masks to protect our neighbour? Here’s the chance to truly protect your neighbour and resistance is fanatical . Proves the initial mask wearing wasn’t a sense of community, just self-preservation.

Gaisha
23rd May 2021, 23:20
level_change

people like you are a threat for contradicting the science. I really hope people like you are nowhere near the controls of an aeroplane. Your lack of sense and conspiracy theories should be flagged by any organisation that you work for and you should be considered unfit for the job. Bet you believe the contrails that aircraft produce have mind controlling chemicals to control the population ….

controlledrest
23rd May 2021, 23:48
Threethirty

Because the vaccine isn't 100% effective. Like most (all) safety systems, multiple layers of defense give protection. It's not rocket science.

krismiler
24th May 2021, 00:06
My employer has achieved a 98% vaccination rate for flight crew since February, it’s not compulsory and it was stated that it wouldn’t affect your roster BUT the company would have to comply with local and foreign regulations. Unvaccinated crew are already subjected to more frequent swab tests and as flying increases I fully expect certain countries to bar entry or even prohibit them to operate turn around flights, especially given that Taiwan’s recent outbreak was traced to China Airlines pilots.

So far, no adverse reactions beyond mild fever and no COVID infections either.

controlledrest
24th May 2021, 00:13
level_change

You are a danger to society. I agree, the truth is out there, but it is not your version of it.

Freehills
24th May 2021, 00:15
LOL - claim that thousands in the UK have died or suffered adverse reactions, show table that the number of such cases is 365.

I'm with Oasis, such lack of reasoning ability has no place in the cockpit.

Progress Wanchai
24th May 2021, 01:15
So this vaccination is a serious threat to my health? But surely that’s counter balanced by my healthy lifestyle which includes;

Up up four polar flights a month.

Back to back long haul flights followed by a commuting flight.

A lifetime of forcing myself to stay awake during my circadian low.

Multiple crossings of time zones whenever I go to work.

Drinking excessively down route to feel half human again.

Sitting in a cockpit with noise levels around 90 dB, a humidity level of close to zero, breathing in air that smells of oil.

Living in a shoe box in a crowded, polluted city with limited outdoor lifestyle options or access to fresh organic food.

Yes, there is evidence this vaccination isn’t good for your health. There is also evidence that countries which have daylight savings imposes a health risk on their citizens as they adjust their body clocks by 1 hour, twice a year.
If Hong Kong ever introduces daylight savings I’m out of here!

Lessnessman
24th May 2021, 03:18
https://rumble.com/vhh52r-dr.-roger-hodkinson-categorically-rejects-government-response-to-covid..html?mref=6zof&mrefc=2

Dr. Fauci drops a bombshell, saying he’s not convinced COVID developed naturally (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/dr-fauci-drops-a-bombshell-saying-he-e2-80-99s-not-convinced-covid-developed-naturally/ar-AAKiPo1?ocid=BingNewsSearch)

Longtimer
24th May 2021, 18:44
Cannot, you should have read the entire report.

from that web site:4. Conclusion At the time of this report, over 127,500 people across the UK have died within 28 days of a positive test for coronavirus.

Vaccination is the single most effective way to reduce deaths and severe illness from COVID-19. A national immunisation campaign has been underway since early December 2020.

In clinical trials (https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/mhra-guidance-on-coronavirus-covid-19#vaccines-and-vaccine-safety), the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca and COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna have demonstrated very high levels of protection against symptomatic infection. Data are now available (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/phe-monitoring-of-the-effectiveness-of-covid-19-vaccination) on the impact of the vaccination campaign in reducing infections and illness in the UK.

All vaccines and medicines have some side effects. These side effects need to be continuously balanced against the expected benefits in preventing illness.

Following widespread use of these vaccines across the UK, the vast majority of suspected adverse reaction reports so far confirm the safety profile seen in clinical trials. Most reports relate to injection-site reactions (sore arm for example) and generalised symptoms such as a ‘flu-like’ illness, headache, chills, fatigue, nausea, fever, dizziness, weakness, aching muscles, and rapid heartbeat. Generally, these reactions are not associated with more serious illness and likely reflect an expected, normal immune response to the vaccines.

Cases of an extremely rare specific type of blood clot with low blood platelets is being investigated and updated advice has been provided.

The expected benefits of the vaccines in preventing COVID-19 and serious complications associated with COVID-19 far outweigh any currently known side effects. As with all vaccines and medicines, the safety of COVID-19 vaccines is continuously monitored and benefits and possible risks remain under review.

We take every report of a suspected ADR seriously and encourage everyone to report through the Yellow Card scheme.

SloppyJoe
24th May 2021, 19:53
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x901/aa_307172c976f9e451b82416f2c2a1906ae7507b83.png
The UK has a high vaccination rate. You are an absolute moron if you can't see the way out of this situation. It's not about eliminating covid, it's about making it insignificant. 6 months ago the UK was one of the worst affected places on earth.

main_dog
25th May 2021, 00:50
Israel and UK are clearly showing the way forward. Countries late in vaccinating will suffer more deaths and longer lockdowns, or have to remain closed to the outside world in a case like HK.

Either way, once their minds are made up, most people will not easily change their minds no matter how much proof you provide. Form of confirmation bias, I suppose.

krismiler
25th May 2021, 02:43
Perhaps those who refuse to get vaccinated even if given the opportunity, should have a low priority in hospital admission if they get COVID ? ICU facilities are limited and shouldn't be taken up by people who have refused protection, unless vaccination was contrary to medical advice for them.

Jetdream
25th May 2021, 03:24
The HK Gov should just come out and say the vaccine is only free until a certain date. After that you pay for it.
Might see a few more locals putting their hand up.

Lessnessman
25th May 2021, 04:10
krismiler

"We were just doing our Job"... To all that perceive the world this way, Your notice of Liability.

TukwillaFlyboy
25th May 2021, 06:50
Check out what is happening in Melbourne today.
Yesterday , lots of “we are free of the virus , no need to rush to get vaccinated.”
Today , “ Oh :mad:“
But its too late now.
Complacency verging on decadence.

krismiler
25th May 2021, 22:53
It’s been shown all over the world for well over a year, what happens when COVID runs unchecked through a country. The USA has had 600 000 deaths and that’s in a developed country with top class medical facilities. In India, people are dying in the streets because oxygen supplies were insufficient, and the death toll there will run into the millions.

Royalty, Prime Ministers and even a US President who is the most protected person on earth have been infected. This is a worldwide major emergency on an unprecedented scale and the normal rules can’t be applied if it’s going to be dealt with in time.

So far, the adverse affects of the vaccine have been minimal and pale in comparison to what would be happening without it. Infection and death rates have been significantly and steadily falling in countries with a high percentage of vaccinated people. These countries have been able to lift restrictions and are gradually opening up.

Subsequent generations of vaccines will be more effective and have fewer side effects, they will be fully tested and safer. Unfortunately we don’t have the time to wait for them and have to make do with what we’ve got.

controlledrest
26th May 2021, 00:47
mRNA vaccines have been in development since 1990. It is not a new technology. One of its inherent advantages over traditional vaccines, is the speed the vaccine can be designed and produced, hence the speed in which it could be deployed, especially as vast resources ($ and therefore staff and plant) could be utilized in response to COVID.

TukwillaFlyboy
26th May 2021, 03:00
Yeah , kris , there is one problem with your argument.
You are using logic and reason.
I find it absolutely gob-smacking that anybody who has seen what has happened to aviation during this pandemic would argue the toss over vaccination.
My faith in humanity is a bit wobbly at the moment.

jriv
26th May 2021, 18:03
Thanks for clearing that up, professor.

Oasis
26th May 2021, 19:12
You’re most welcome, glad to be of help with your confusion!

jriv
27th May 2021, 01:18
“In 2020, approximately 3,358,814 deaths occurred in the United States (Table (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm#T1_down)). The age-adjusted rate was 828.7 deaths per 100,000 population, an increase of 15.9% from 715.2 in 2019. The highest overall numbers of deaths occurred during the weeks ending April 11, 2020, (78,917) and December 26, 2020 (80,656) (Figure 1 (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm#F1_down)).”

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm

Rie
27th May 2021, 02:50
Chip on his shoulder PC-12 Pilot... Yet another fool thinking that we are all going to be taken over by Microsoft for getting an injection. Also to point out the same person has probably never stepped foot in LKF and has no idea where HK is on a map.

Bokpiel
28th May 2021, 12:39
If CX wants to get rid of people who refuse to get the jab then I'm all for it. Good riddance.

Oasis
28th May 2021, 12:53
1,835,240,000 doses given as we speak worldwide.
Just do it.

Rie
28th May 2021, 13:23
This might be a joke to start with but at least it is a step in the right direction...

Senior executives of licensed corporations or their overseas affiliates who are fully vaccinated and meet the eligibility criteria may apply for exemption from the compulsory quarantine arrangements when they return or travel to Hong Kong.

https://apps.sfc.hk/edistributionWeb/gateway/EN/circular/doc?refNo=21EC18&fbclid=IwAR0fbex8YK_41d5LfFU4mPzHimR-3ZX7MceVlfpslZtZfJZPXw2yChY_zKo

Freehills
2nd Jun 2021, 01:11
Note the new job adverts - COVID 19 vax required...

Lessnessman
9th Jun 2021, 07:02
krismiler

Manufacturing, safety and quality control of vaccines (who.int) (https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/manufacturing-safety-and-quality-control)

PHASE 4
PHASE 5?

Covid Shot - Side Effects? - Page 10 - PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/639935-covid-shot-side-effects-10.html)

Australia, NewZealand & The Pacific
REF: blown.n.gasket

Curry Lamb
10th Jun 2021, 05:52
This one’s for all the anti-vaxxers. You were right all along, magnetised pilots won’t be allowed anywhere near the fright deck :ok:

https://youtu.be/38IU3skwLPw

Lessnessman
11th Jun 2021, 04:55
Thats your sole source to define the entire issue?

Rie
24th Jun 2021, 05:35
No doubt everyone would have received the message this morning regarding the HKIA entry requirement for staff come August 1st. I would like to personally thank all of those who are refusing the vaccine for the jump up in my seniority number (not that it exists). I feel this is a good decision for the airport to have made.

Dragon Pacific
24th Jun 2021, 05:54
Employment will be reviewed for non-vaxx.
https://amp.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3138552/coronavirus-cathay-pacific-makes-vaccinations?__twitter_impression=true

TimeToWhine
24th Jun 2021, 06:02
Yet most of the HKIA staff, many of who have direct contact with incoming passengers, are still refusing to get vaccinated. How many CX ground/office staff are vaccinated? I’m guessing it’s so low that they don’t even want so show the stats.

Jnr380
24th Jun 2021, 06:25
I’m 100% Certain Danny is on the emailing list! 🤣

On another note, thanks for the update GH, I like the fact that within the space of 12 months I’ve been offered a follow/sign/do or get fired directive.

Rie
24th Jun 2021, 06:57
Danny has his boys if you know what I mean... Give him anything he wanted.

Bokpiel
24th Jun 2021, 07:16
I support this 100%. Good riddance if you still don't want it!

Sqwak7700
24th Jun 2021, 08:29
I agree, cause we know the government has nothing but your best interests in mind. They where spot on in grounding all passenger flights, can’t have a virus roaming about that kills off 210 people in 1.5 years. Much better to destroy all major industries and save those precious lives. Couldn’t agree more.

The fact that only half the population on average is getting vaccinated should not be a deterrent. We should happily exclude half the market out there, good riddance! We will be able to move pilots around much better, that’s what really counts. We don’t need those pesky passengers. With .25 PX credit we can profitably just move 100% vaccinated crew around the world.

Hopefully, our wise subject matter experts on this virus will apply such sound logic to the flu and common cold. Just imagine, that’s another 200-300 lives saved.

Feels good to have such wise leaders driving the boat through such challenging times. 👍

volare_737
24th Jun 2021, 08:37
At least one HK based airline got informed that all crew have to be vaxed by august - otherwise you are out !! Bend over guys !

Rie
24th Jun 2021, 11:13
Both group companies received
a near copy paste of the same email.

Right20deg
25th Jun 2021, 14:18
Surely the benefits of being C19 vaccinated are clear enough to the public and company employee who wish to travel. We are not talking about foolish people here, far from it.

Sqwak7700
26th Jun 2021, 16:55
What might those benefits be? Not sure it is that clear. Still can’t travel without quarantine, especially if you have children. Still have to live in this prison state, wearing your muzzle.

Only 20% fully vaccinated in HKG, so clearly the majority of people don’t see the benefit. How many crew would have vaccinated without the continuous threats to their livelihood? Most have also vaccinated in the hope that their commuting/travel lifestyle can return to normal as well. Yet here we are.

Still not sure why the push to inject this experimental vaccine for a slightly deadlier flu (for elderly and frail). The death rate for children from COVID is lower than the regular flu, yet they still try to push this onto children.

Sorry, not an anti-Vaxer, have all my established vaccines and so do my children. So much for not allowing governments to tell you what to do to your body. I’m sure this will end well. :rolleyes:

Right20deg
28th Jun 2021, 13:09
I had not realised such a small percentage of HK residents were vaccinated. That is a serious issue considering the status as a world trade hub
This moment, HK Gov has banned British visitors and classed the UK as Very High Risk, due to the delta strain of Cov19.
Very hard on family.

JMock
28th Jun 2021, 22:38
indeed
so many families have children and teenagers stuck in the UK alone after the end of the school year
nightmare and unconscionable given the 21 day quarantine and serial testing

anxiao
29th Jun 2021, 01:49
Neighbour is desperately trying to get his boarding school aged son back from the UK before the Thursday deadline, got the ticket but no hotel quarantine available. Even the Landmark Mandarin at over HKD5,000 per night is full.

Vaccination rates per day seem to be going up, and anecdotally I hear of people who were anti are going for the jab now. Maybe the lotto givaways are working!

Latest figures 32% double dose, 21% one dose. Woefully low but slowly improving.

Conrad24
29th Jun 2021, 08:14
Any idea if we will return to full qt exemptions for air crew? At least non pax flights?

Rie
29th Jun 2021, 12:10
Brand new account asking that? Sounds like one of Dannys mates. Full QT exemption for all flights... Doubt it, this is HK.

Oli777
29th Jun 2021, 13:43
anxiao

Tell your neighbour to get his son to anywhere in Mainland China, do your quarantine there and you are then allowed into HK. You can either use Mainland or Taiwan, but I would use Mainland.

anxiao
29th Jun 2021, 13:50
Oli, it is worth looking at but I was not aware that non mainland residents can land in China from Europe right now.

I'll let him know and he can research it, thanks.

JMock
29th Jun 2021, 23:36
you are correct re entry to China. Cannot

most returnees are using the Dubai for 21 days route back