PDA

View Full Version : Light jet 91 and 135 Pay

Jackie Treehorn
9th May 2021, 23:11
Recently retired airline guy here looking for some basic info on pay, etc.

I have a lead on a potential part-time flying job. There is a possibility that it could go full-time if I liked it and the terms were right. Small company with a Citation. The flying is a mix of 91 and 135. They'd get me a type. I have zero ideas what the job would pay.

Do jobs like this generally offer a flat rate per day or are you paid by block hour? If block hour, do companies offer a daily minimum? Or an hourly rate for time flying versus time spent sitting on your ass waiting for the pax to return?

Any additional info appreciated. Flame away.

733driver
10th May 2021, 07:53
As you appear to be US-based I'd recommend airlinepilotforums.com. This site here is pretty UK and Euro centric.

340drvr
10th May 2021, 11:55
Part-time, likely to be flat rate per day, possibly with an extra per-diem allowance based on time away for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc. For full time, I'd expect a salary. That said, there's all kinds of ways a situation could be arranged, I have known of one outfit that paid part-time pilots hourly, flight time at one rate, standby at lower hourly...always thought that was kind of chicken$...