View Full Version : EuroManx

EGNR
20th Aug 2002, 18:09
Can anyone provide any further information on new carrier 'EuroManx'?

I understand that the airline has been set up by Woodgate Aviation, operating scheduled services from the Isle of Man to Edinburgh and Dublin. At present, the services are, I'm led to believe, being maintained by a Beech 1900 of Dutch carrier Trans Travel Airlines (TTA).

Is there really enough of a market for a start-up carrier to challenge BACX (Isle of Man) on the IOM-DUB?

Whilst I wish them all the very best of luck, the enterprise does sound a bit Comed/BNWA-ish.

Buster the Bear
20th Aug 2002, 20:07
A UK airline has applied to the CAA to use a 1900 PH registered, no idea of the airline though?

PPIMan
24th Aug 2002, 14:30
From what I've seen the operation is far from "Comedish" with a professional operation being handled very efficiently by dedicated staff (a lot of whom used to work for another IOM based carrier!).

Good luck to 'em!:)

callyoushortly
24th Aug 2002, 20:23
The EDI-IOM route is now running.

It is a B1900, and is running under the callsign "Catcher" which I believe is Dutch, which would conform to what EGNR was saying

EGNR
25th Aug 2002, 16:48
Looking good...

Interim website now up an running, visit:

www.euromanx.com

GOBWX
27th Aug 2002, 03:32
aye i can see that little a/c from out my window...
(well i need to go to the other side of the corridor)

seem to be doing well havent heard any complaints

good luck to em

wx :D

isdabs4
16th Sep 2002, 10:54
Well it looks very good for EuroManx.
Punctual, reliable, efficient and what a cracking bunch of hosties.
Good luck guys and lets see more routes soon

PAXboy
17th Sep 2002, 19:53
Manx (as was) and now BACX only run to GLA from IOM with a Jetsream (last time I looked). Prices were VERY high (last time I looked) (over a year ago).

Eurekadelta
18th Sep 2002, 12:27
I can confirm that the aircraft to be used is a TTA Beech 1900 (I was at their offices in Lelystad recently).

It is possible that officially the route will be operated by an airline called Rossair (on behalf of Euromanx), as Rossair owns (and operates all flights for) TTA.