PDA

View Full Version : Documents needed for training in Poland help

rcalvert99
6th May 2021, 10:01
I'm going to Bartolini Air to do my MEP, ME/IR and CPL this July. I'm from the UK. Need some help on what documents I need and how expensive/ timescale to get them is.

1. MEDICAL- I've asked a few people and they say I have to get an initial Class 1 medical again but this time from Poland. I have a UK Class 1 already it just needs revalidated. Do I have to get a Polish medical and if so can I get it from somewhere close to home (I'm from Scotland). If I get it in Poland how long will it take to come through?

2. VISA- I am unable to get to London to visit the embassy because of COVID, finances and work. Will they issue a VISA via email and is a VISA definitely necessary?

3. ULC PERMIT- I have my passport certified but don't have a valid medical currently (see above). Can I still send away for this?

Central Scrutinizer
6th May 2021, 14:34
You do have to get an initial EASA Class 1 medical, but it does not have to be a Polish one. Do you need a Polish licence for some reason or is any EASA licence okay? Do you speak Polish?
Any EASA authority can process your training/licences conducted at EASA ATOs, with EASA examiners etc.. If you don't specifically need a Polish licence then pick an authority that is known for working efficiently, speaking good English, being practical etc. The Austrian, Maltese, Danish and Irish authorities have good reputations in this regard. I can't speak for the Polish, maybe they are good, but there will definitely be a language barrier as Poles don't have a great level of English in general.

The EASA Member State which holds your medical records will also be the state which will issue your licence.

Look for an Aero Medical Centre that has EASA approval. A quick Google search got me to this AMC in Edinburgh: https://www.scotlandaeromedical.co.uk/easa-class-1-medicals
Ring them and ask if they can do your EASA Class 1 and under which authority.

I believe there is another AMC in Prestwick, but I do not know whether they issue EASA medicals or only UK.

Brian Pern
6th May 2021, 14:39
1. I would have thought you will need a EASA Class 1 Medical. As the CAA is not in EASA any more....
2. Ask the consulate: https://www.gov.pl/web/unitedkingdom/consulate-edinburgh
3. No idea, ask the Flight School

rcalvert99
7th May 2021, 09:21
Thank you! I think I'll get an initial one in Poland when I go over there for my training. I don't speak Polish however I can't go abroad to get an initial elsewhere as that would involve lots of quarantining.