PDA

View Full Version : NOP Flight List or similar for US OPS?

hvogt
23rd Apr 2021, 18:36
When filing flight plans ex Cincinnati (KCVG), I get frequent calls from crews saying they couldn't get start-up as ATC had no flight plan in the system. I wonder, is there a tool similar to our European NOP flight list I can use to check if flight plans have gone through to the US?

Any hint would be much appreciated.

plans123
26th Apr 2021, 06:52
What flight planning system are you using?

hvogt
26th Apr 2021, 09:11
Thank you, plans123. It's Lido.

plans123
26th Apr 2021, 10:25
Its been many many many years since I used Lido - when you file do you see the all filing addresses it send sends it to in the US by any chance either automatically or in the Flight Plan?

hvogt
26th Apr 2021, 16:42
Its been many many many years since I used Lido - when you file do you see the all filing addresses it send sends it to in the US by any chance either automatically or in the Flight Plan?
Yes, the addresses are all fine. I was just asking myself if there was an online system (other than AFTN) for operators to interact with US Air Traffic Services. On my side of the pond, there is a web-based system that allows multiple parties to file, check, change and delay flight plans. It would be handy to have something similar for the rest of the world too.

Many thanks again for taking an interest, plans123.

plans123
27th Apr 2021, 07:11
I've just checked with an FAA Dispatch Instructor friend of mine and he's said there is no such system to his knowledge..... but he said it would be great if they did have something like that (not that that helps much)

hvogt
27th Apr 2021, 16:50
Cheers, plans123. Much obliged.