PDA

View Full Version : Revising Cyclic and Collective

Shawn Coyle
21st Apr 2021, 17:44
it being a few years since I did the last revision, and some new ideas have popped up, I'm asking for suggestions for the next revision. Plasesend me a pm, and your ideas will be considered.

Robbiee
21st Apr 2021, 18:13
This time could you include the Pedals?

22nd Apr 2021, 16:24
Well that killed that thread, well done Robbiee.............

Gordy
22nd Apr 2021, 21:35
your ideas will be considered.

Maybe include the article you wrote about doing autos to hard surface after I showed you "under the blue tarps" in Titusville way back in 2005...... People still do not get it.

23rd Apr 2021, 08:08
It's been a while since I read your books Shawn, so I can't remember what there was about performance planning, especially for light pistons since this seems to crop up a lot in accidents along with IIMC.

Agile
23rd Apr 2021, 10:07
also been a while since I read the book. Not sure my comments will be applicable

A lot of aerodynamic studies and modeling has moved to quad copters and new concept like the Racer, Raiders,
Also a lot has changed with the cockpit, even low cost (bell 505) get dual garmin and integrated performance calculations and other helicopter-only features in there
Also composite it used to be reserved to a fenestron shell now it is the whole aircraft
Also slanted fenestron of the H160 how does that affect longitudinal stability do you get more noze down on ptich up?
The ethernal question of the pedal work with the fenestron like the Cabri has been discussed a lot
underslung vertical stabilizers seem to be hot these days too

just ideas

Torquetalk
24th Apr 2021, 09:05
As per Crab’s suggestion, an accessible guide to why awareness of performance limitations might help to prevent a lot of R44 accidents. Maybe something along the lines of checking power assurance margins and identifying traps that can be avoided for those who enjoy a good read, but struggle with due flight planning diligence.

gipsymagpie
26th Apr 2021, 20:41
Shawn
I dont think you talk much about downwash and how it varies with mass/rotor area/height/wind velocity. Info like how fast the downwash will be/where the peaks of speed with be, the shape of the downwash stream tube, formation of vortex, depth of the downwash flow IGE. I've seen some academic papers on it but your take on it would be great.

Aluminium Mallard
27th Apr 2021, 02:52
This time could you include the Pedals?
Gold!

(probably answer my own question here however...) Is it worth your while to make it available on ebook specifically amazon/kindle?

Not much room for paper books in a flight bag.

Downright Aft
3rd May 2021, 14:42
Here take my money! Is there a pre-reserve list - maybe for signed copies?

Ascend Charlie
4th May 2021, 06:38
Lucky me, I have a signed first edition...but there are a lot of spelling, grammar and editing errors, which should have been ironed out by now.