PDA

View Full Version : Prerecorded Interview Process for A Regional?

IllinoisDavidson
20th Apr 2021, 01:39
Hi Everyone,
Thanks to a lot of you and your sound advice and guidance, my husband has been able to continue forward in his career move to an airline in the US. Though he is still studying and preparing for his ATP license at the end of this month, he recently received an offer for a prerecorded interview with a regional. I guess no rest for the weary. Ha!

He is much more familiar with interview procedure and protocol outside of the US, and on top of that it now looks like most airlines (especially as a result of last year and this year's continuing pandemic) have decided to fully adopt the asynchronous recorded video interview to weed through applicants before the next interview stage--which looks to be mostly technical for second stage interviews. I did a little digging into what should be expected and I have mostly found shared experiences with a description of HR-related questions ("Why you would like to work for XYZ airline?"; "Tell me about yourself?"; "How do you think your qualifications fit our company?"; etc.). This he is definitely familiar with. He is doing his due diligence, researching more into the company and fleshing out his resume, but is there anything further he could do that might better prepare him for such an awkward 'first contact' with his potential employer? Any advice and/or insight, as always, is much appreciated here. My husband and I are so grateful to you all for helping him get this far. Crossing my fingers we can continue moving forward.

Climb150
20th Apr 2021, 20:05
I wouldn't worry too much about the pre recorded Interview. It won't be like Interviewing at Delta or FedEx. Wear a shirt and tie, be polite and smile. 😁

IllinoisDavidson
22nd Apr 2021, 17:46
Thanks so much for the encouraging words Climb150. He's preparing for the interview today as I type. Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. :)