PDA

View Full Version : Airbus CBT without FLASH on Windows PC

pacemakerpratik
19th Apr 2021, 18:55
How are you managing to use the Airbus CBT without FLASH support on Windows PC in 2021?

pacemakerpratik
19th Apr 2021, 19:00
From January 12, 2021, Adobe Flash Player plug-in stopped working on Windows PCs. My Airbus CBT has stopped working.
Is there a way to use the Airbus CBT other than changing the date back to before Jan 12?

jimjim1
19th Apr 2021, 23:04
1. Airbus must have fixed it, find out what they are doing now. However:-

2. Here is an article about various workarounds to keep using Adobe Flash Player in various circumstances.
​​​​​​​
https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/flash-player-in-chrome-is-dead-in-2020-how-to-play-flash-files/

3.If you google for

flash player alternative

you will get some hits. I can't recommend one as I have no experience of these things. Do a bit of digging and use one that is in widespread use. Worry about malware, but if you want it you will have to bite the bullet and download and install something.

Some "alternatives" are NOT flash player replacements but similar content creating and playing systems.

The Linux community has probably been using Free, Open Source, Flash players for decades. Find out what ones they like and see if there is a Windows version of it.