PDA

View Full Version : What are the differences between theoretical and modular flight training? Which one?

Bojack
18th Apr 2021, 12:38
Hello there;
What are the differences between theoretical and modular flight training? Which one?
I would like to ask you which training method is better? I have very busy schedule nowadays because of my job and i want to feel flexible during getting this training. I dont want to bother myself with busy schedule because it impossible and my job cant allow me to be away from work for a long time at one time.

paco
18th Apr 2021, 17:15
Modular means doing it a bit at a time, at your own pace. Integrated means attending a formal course. Both include theoretical training.....

Banana Joe
18th Apr 2021, 17:22
With a modular course you study theory for your PPL course and sit 9 exams. After you have a PPL you can enrol on an ATPL ground school (either in distance learning or class room) and have to pass 13 exams. With an integrated course you start directly with ATPL ground school, and it's in class room.

Brian Pern
18th Apr 2021, 17:57
Depends, Modular you can pick and mix as it were. For example, feel to correct me if I am wrong, in order to sit ATPL written exams you only need a ICAO PPL, so if you want, you can go to a sunny climate, get your PPL there and then start your written.
Well it was like that several years ago, for example I know of many who went to the USA and got a FAA PPL, 1 written exam.
All are now flying Jets for major and one or two cases Legacy Airlines.

rudestuff
19th Apr 2021, 08:36
I dont want to bother myself with busy schedule because it impossible and my job cant allow me to be away from work for a long time at one time.
Then you can't be a pilot mate.