PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 renewal - bad limp

Trim Stab
14th Apr 2021, 08:18
I have a lot of pain in left leg bought about (I think) by excessive running. I have had multiple x-rays and MRI scans - but without finding a definite cause. The only issue doctors can find is very mild initial arthritis in the hip for which I am currently taking treatment and obviously having completely stopped running (and barely even walking) the pain is diminishing. But after a year I am still limping noticeably and if I walk more than a few kms the next day the problem is much worse.

The problem had just started at my last medical, so the doctor signed me off with the expectation that the problem would sort itself out. But I go back for another annual medical in the next month or so. If I am still limping badly then, what advice can I expect?

At the moment, I am confident that I can still fly the plane comfortably enough, but all the other ground work around the plane will be difficult. I generally walk around 10km per day, just doing ground work and I fear that the problem will come back quickly as soon as I finish my leave and start working again.