PDA

View Full Version : How Aviation Safety Digest was born.

Centaurus
11th Apr 2021, 05:06
Background to the original introduction of Aviation Safety Digest.. Click on to the website www.mackaytiger.com.au

Click History and the drop down menu brings up Aviation Safety Digest. It explains the whole history of how Aviation Safety Digest first came into being. The history of its introduction was written by Mac Job around 2008 with input from Phil Vabre of the Civil Aviation Hhistorical Society museum which is based at Essendon Airport. A wonderful read indeed.

https://www.atsb.gov.au/aviation/aviation-safety-digest/

Servo
11th Apr 2021, 06:37
I enjoyed Mac's publications. In fact I still have his books here on aircraft accidents. My son has now read them. Always something to be learnt from history, lest we want to repeat it.

Thanks for the link!

Cheers.

boaccomet4
12th Apr 2021, 13:32
Thank you Centaurus for posting this article.
Brings back so many memories of the interesting articles that Mac wrote. Not only did he compile examples of classic accidents but also in a manner in which a newbie like myself could understand when I embarked on my flying training in the late 1960;s. One could hopefully learn from others mistakes, incidents or mechanical imperfections before being caught out yourself.
The other great thing about his publications were that they usually included an incident towards the end of each publication that was amusing for the reader but somewhat at the expense of the poor person involved. I can still recall the incident which happened in Papua New Guinea where a young pilot got into a Cessna to find a baby crock under his feet and bailed in terror..