PDA

View Full Version : Smithsonian Channel

Kiltrash
4th Apr 2021, 17:29
Just a heads up but it appears Smithsonian Channel has a new series of Air warrior. Well in UK Virgin Media at least
F-86
B-29
Hurricane
Bf 109
B-24

I may be wrong but have a look in your region

K

chevvron
4th Apr 2021, 17:52
Ch 56 on Freeview in the UK.

Bksmithca
5th Apr 2021, 05:18
I have been enjoying the Smithsonian channel as my cable provider has had it on free preview for the last month or so. Have enjoyed watching Air Warriors especially the episode on the C130 Gun Ship. Very awesome when it lite up the sky at night. Also enjoyed the Rise of the Super Carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth.

chevvron
5th Apr 2021, 08:15
In the UK it's been free on the Freeview system for at least 2 years.
We also get PBS America free.
No cable TV charges for either.

dixi188
5th Apr 2021, 19:06
A couple of weeks ago the Smithsonian program on the B24 Liberator showed a shot of RAF Lancasters starting up when they talking about the first long range B24 raid in the Pacific. I didn't think the RAF Lancs operated in the Pacific.
Generally interesting programs, but these things do make me wonder about the accuracy of the info sometimes.

tdracer
5th Apr 2021, 20:56
A couple of weeks ago the Smithsonian program on the B24 Liberator showed a shot of RAF Lancasters starting up when they talking about the first long range B24 raid in the Pacific. I didn't think the RAF Lancs operated in the Pacific.
Generally interesting programs, but these things do make me wonder about the accuracy of the info sometimes.

They use a lot of 'stock' footage - not always relevant to what's being talked about. I've never caught them making a factual error with the information, but the film footage can sometimes be taken with a grain of salt.

Whenurhappy
6th Apr 2021, 14:59
Their episode on the VI attacks against the UK was riven with factual errors and inappropriate footage.