PDA

View Full Version : FI vs APS MCC

iTechno8
1st Apr 2021, 15:12
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on converting my current ICAO CPL/IR to a UKCAA and EASA CPL (same training for both licenses) in September 2021. I understand that an MCC course is required for joining an airline in UK or EU, which is my ultimate goal. However opportunities are still limited in light of COVID, and don't look to be improving soon. I am considering going down the FITC route after my conversion, however ultimately I will still need to do the MCC course. The FI route will set me back around £10k GBP, but I don't see any other route to remain current and continue building hours for now.

I would appreciate suggestions or recommendations regarding this! Would you recommend doing the FI, or just doing the MCC and start sending out CVs?

Thank you.

milan.pilot
1st Apr 2021, 19:44
it depends what is your goal.
dont expext any serious job as junior FI anyway...

flybyschool
3rd Apr 2021, 07:20
It is a tough call...

All our fresh FI applicants also hold an MCC.
Maybe, it gives you better employment options in the short term, getting the FI first... but note you will be required to be a legal resident or passport holder in Europe to be able to find a job...

Good luck with either option

iTechno8
4th Apr 2021, 07:21
Thank you! Do you know of any opportunities in the UK providing employment on successful completion of the FI training course?

olster
4th Apr 2021, 15:01
Not many FI opportunities in uk at the moment. Optimistically it may improve as we are unlocked.

parkfell
4th Apr 2021, 15:37
To hit the ground running when the airlines start recruiting, leave the APS/MCC until this happens.
Invariably a sim ride is part of the interview process, frequently on a B.737 where RAW DATA hand flying will be assessed.
12 April is when English flying clubs are due to resume activities.