PDA

View Full Version : Castle08 / QinetiQ H145

Jetstream2008
30th Mar 2021, 14:49
I've been seeing H145 G-RNGS operating as Castle08 between the Isle of Skye and the mainland around the Kyle of Lochalsh area on and off for quite a number of weeks now on FR24. It looks like it is doing an aerial survey of some kind. Does anyone know what it is doing? What is QintetiQ interested in up there?

Hot 'n' High
31st Mar 2021, 07:52
I've been seeing H145 G-RNGS operating as Castle08 between the Isle of Skye and the mainland around the Kyle of Lochalsh area on and off for quite a number of weeks now on FR24. It looks like it is doing an aerial survey of some kind. Does anyone know what it is doing? What is QintetiQ interested in up there?

They run BUTEC! Providing Range support I guess. Happy daze of old doing torpedo drop trials there myself. :ok:

Jetstream2008
31st Mar 2021, 15:42
Ahhhh.. Great thanks! Operating right now!

Akrotiri bad boy
31st Mar 2021, 18:03
Yes H 'n' H and it was me that used to tidy up after you and collect everything you'd dropped.:)

Hot 'n' High
1st Apr 2021, 10:49
No probs JS2008! :ok:

Yes H 'n' H and it was me that used to tidy up after you and collect everything you'd dropped.:)

Twas many moons ago ABB (before my Civvie flying days) so, at the time, I was simply helping strap them on the Sea Kings before the place got littered with them and you then had to come and tidy up after us. :E

Used to cadge lifts (both on the drop aircraft and the Dauphin (at that time) recovery helo) to watch the fun and games. Plus amazing scenery to enjoy while out on the Ranges!!!! :ok:

Happy daze! Long gone now sadly. :(

Akrotiri bad boy
4th Apr 2021, 12:28
Happy Daze indeed HnH. Whilst I was there I took digs in rooms above a pub in Plockton. Sailing around Raasay and Rona by day then propping up the bar in Plockton by night, it was hell:ok:

Hot 'n' High
5th Apr 2021, 12:26
Happy Daze indeed HnH. Whilst I was there I took digs in rooms above a pub in Plockton. Sailing around Raasay and Rona by day then propping up the bar in Plockton by night, it was hell:ok:

Craig and Darroch (sp??) rings a bell as the name of the place we stayed/used in Plockton. A long while back so memories fade - well, not the memories of the hangovers! :E