PDA

View Full Version : BOAC/BA annual reports?

Jhieminga
22nd Mar 2021, 18:55
Worth trying I guess... does anyone have an Annual Report from BOAC or British Airways for any of the years 1969-1970 to 1981-1982? I'm interested in the page (usually a large table) that shows the costs of operating the different types they had in the fleet. A photo or scan would be great.

I know that I can get this information from the BA Heritage Centre but with the current restrictions I'm unable to go there. If anyone has one of these reports and is willing to send me an image, that would be very useful!

What I'm trying to do is work out the relative costs of operating the VC10s vs the 707s in their fleet. I've got data for the earlier years but I suspect that things changed at some point and am trying to back this up with numbers. I'm not trying to fight the VC10 vs 707 battle all over again, just trying to illustrate a specific element of their history.

D120A
23rd Mar 2021, 21:45
I wonder if, when you see it, the numbers will take account of the consistently higher load factors the VC-10 enjoyed. Rather than relative costs of operation, relative profitability would be, shall we say, a more honest metric.

renfrew
24th Mar 2021, 14:00
I do have these reports but unable to send image.
For example cost per revenue flying hour 1969-70 shows as ------------
VC10 £434 SVC10 £442 707 £404.

Jhieminga
24th Mar 2021, 15:40
Hello Renfrew, would you be able to e-mail them? I'll send you a PM with an address.

renfrew
24th Mar 2021, 16:07
I'll try if you let me know exact figures you need.

Jhieminga
24th Mar 2021, 19:20
I wonder if, when you see it, the numbers will take account of the consistently higher load factors the VC-10 enjoyed. Rather than relative costs of operation, relative profitability would be, shall we say, a more honest metric.
I haven't been able to find a good source for load factor numbers and unfortunately the annual reports don't show them. The variation between various routes will also make that a tricky puzzle. The annual reports do show the relative costs for the period up to 1974 and I am trying to work out if I can make some sense of what they are showing. There are a couple of interesting aspects to the numbers. More later (thanks to Renfrew I have the complete set of numbers now).