PDA

View Full Version : Page Format

cavuman1
20th Mar 2021, 23:12
I have run PPRuNe NG style since it was available. I am using the latest version of Windows on a year-old Asus laptop. Over the last month, I've noticed that some posts on given pages are separated by a variable amount of grey interspacing; sometimes an inch, sometimes three or more inches. This phenomenon occurs throughout the site. My only complaint is that I sometimes think that I have reached the end of a thread when there are additional posts. Is an ad blocker or javascript monitor to blame, or am I missing a simpler explanation?

Thanks for any assistance,

Ed

PPRuNe Towers
21st Mar 2021, 00:07
First tip - try another couple of browsers to see if the grey bits appear in the same places. I have two browsers running permanently to cross check the site.

Rob

cavuman1
21st Mar 2021, 16:54
Excellent tip, Rob! It develops that running a second browser revealed that horizontal cross page advertising is the culprit. I can live with that, but if I find a remedy, I'll let you know. Thank you again for your capable assistance!

- Ed

Geordie_Expat
21st Mar 2021, 17:15
I get the same and assumed it was because of built-in adblock on my browser (Opera)