PDA

View Full Version : What are the preferences to become cadet pilot abroad as a being a Turkish

sarac23
16th Mar 2021, 23:42
Hey guys, I decided to become a pilot when I was university student I was waiting my graduation in order to apply cadet programs in Turkey (Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines, SunExpress) but unfortunately after my graduation pandemic is came out and ruined everything as happend to everyone. I am 26 years old and I decided to consider abroad CADET programs which are not required citizenship, residental right etc for example airBatlic, I already applied airBaltic. But my inquiry about this thread could you guys tell me that is there any CADET programs which are not required citizenship, residental right etc. regardless of their current availability in case of I can apply in the future

dragoon17c
18th Mar 2021, 17:13
You still need to have right to work in EU if you want to work in airBaltic.

Only handful of cadet program open to wroldwided, I only remember Cathay and Midle East airliners have no citizenship requirements. However CX non resident cadet only apply to those who have their CPL.

sarac23
18th Mar 2021, 19:44
Thank you for the response are you sure about airBaltic Cadet Programme needs right to work in EU, I didn't see any sort of thing on the current application could you check this out
careers.airbaltic.com/en/jobs/pilot-academy/become-a-professional-airline-pilot

also do you know another airliners which have current vacancies?

Sleepsleep
19th Mar 2021, 11:06
dragoon17c

Hmmm I don't think Cathay opens their ab-initio cadet programme to anyone without Hong Kong permanent residency and the CPL entry stream hasn't been open in a while according to my info collecting done on this site

In the same researching process I found that Qatar Airways opens their cadet programme to all nationalities but you have to pay for the training if you are not Qatari.

redsnail
19th Mar 2021, 12:21
sarac23. They are a flight school. There is no guaranteed job. Only successful graduates will be offered a chance at the Air Baltic selection process.
Also, under Requirements you must be an EU/EEA/CH citizen.
- 18 years old or older
- Hold EU/EEA/CH passport
- High school graduate
- Health meets Class 1 Medical Certificate requirements Show more (https://www.pilotacademy.com/#)
- Excellent written and spoken English knowledge (studies are fully in English)
- No criminal record Show more (https://www.pilotacademy.com/#)
- Ability to swim

dragoon17c
19th Mar 2021, 13:02
Exactly. Anyone can apply a flight school, they just want your money. It's business. However you get a job or not is not their main concern. Even he got hired by AirBaltic, the authority won't grant a working visa. His best shot is start his career in Turkey.

dragoon17c
19th Mar 2021, 13:04
Sleepsleep

Emirates an Etihad have similar program too. However don't think this cadet scheme still continue in next couple years

dragoon17c
19th Mar 2021, 13:06
sarac23

I know a startup airlines have vacancies in Africa, but you are the last one to know they are recruiting.

Sleepsleep
21st Mar 2021, 13:57
Their programmes are closer to flight schools than actual cadetships. I can't find anything on their websites that says a job is guaranteed upon finishing the programme. Correct me if I overlooked something.

The best thing OP can do in my opinion is to prepare for the selection processes of TK, Pegasus, etc. once their cadetships are back. I am doing the same but with CX instead.