PDA

View Full Version : Select My Talent?

Blocksoff
16th Mar 2021, 08:14
Anyone knows this company? Is this another money grabber scheme?

arrowcapitan
28th Mar 2021, 11:16
seems like it ...

RogueOne
28th Mar 2021, 18:24
Having spoken to someone involved, it's not.

BobsCousin
28th Mar 2021, 20:56
Certainly seems like a scam to me, advertising there is a job opening, then when you try applying, you're invited to pay £600 for 'assessments'. Of course, you're welcome to get the money from the department of work and pensions, so nobody loses then do they? Apart from the tax payer...

A job assessment should not cost £600. If not a scam, it is at least run by people with no morals.

ShotOne
16th Apr 2021, 06:26
Unfortunately (maybe that should read “disgracefully”) some airlines charge for assessment too. But that’s hardly a ringing endorsement. Rogue one is there something we’ve missed?

Pablofly
22nd Apr 2021, 12:26
Hello
I'm part of the SelectMyTalent team. I'll try to offer some information. Hope it's helpful.
The company was set up by pilots for pilots. We have all been through redundancies and know what it's like. We've been working in aviation assessment and recruitment for over a decade.
Aim of the company is simple, to get pilots back into work. But we also want to do it as effectively and efficiently as possible and hopefully with an experience that Pilots actually enjoy.
The company functions in 2 ways:
Traditional - wait for a vacancy to be advertised and then apply. If shortlisted, you will be assessed free of charge and then recommended to the Operator depending on performance.
Proactively - Pilots can pay for an assessment day. If they meet the standard required they join our talent pool and then we promote their profile to the relevant Operators within our network. Effectively one assessment that is then used to access multiple opportunities. Importantly, this is done at cost. I.e. There is no profit made from the Pilots, EVER! The components are Gate 2: aptitude test, video interview, feedback session (£99), Gate 3: assessment day - Sim check, Interview, Team Assessment, Psychological Analysis, Feedback session (£499). We would love to do this for free, but would quickly become insolvent. We've worked really hard to price this as lean as possible. If you add up the components I'd be hopeful you can see the value but I'm confident once you've completed the process you definitely will.
The good news is companies are recruiting. We placed 8 pilots last week with an executive jet operator. We've got some exciting opportunities coming up, and we're seeing some really positive trends with many AOCs looking at their recruitment plans again.
Hopefully, the website explains everything else in greater detail.

Right Engine
26th Apr 2021, 07:14
If you are so confident in getting people employed, why not charge £600 after a pilot gets a job? Otherwise you’re just another parasite?

733driver
26th Apr 2021, 09:11
Obviously the math could only work like that if every applicant were successful.

However, if the fee for a successful job application were increased to reflect the ratio of total applications versus successful ones then this pricing model you suggest could work in principle.

Nick 1
26th Apr 2021, 09:23
“ company set up by pilot for pilot ..” got it , stay away .

triple_2
26th Apr 2021, 19:51
Nuff said 😄

flyboy146
26th Apr 2021, 20:00
I saw this on a social network and warned others to stay away. This is a money grabbing scheme set out by Nigels who should know better. I was even contacted directly by the “company” after my comments and asked to remove my post. It is an ill thought through business and a disgraceful set of charges given the current climate. STAY AWAY.