PDA

View Full Version : Blue Air

SamLaro
11th Mar 2021, 20:12
Hi Guys,

Is there someone who can provide me with more information regarding the type Rating program of Blue Air? I received an offer from Blue Air to pay for my own type rating, fly 200 hours of line training and than receive a fixed contract with Blue Air after the line training. Can someone tell me if this is still the case? I heard several stories of people who paid for the type rating and ended up not getting a contract with Blue Air.

Aless_737
12th Mar 2021, 11:23
Hi SamLaro

There is only 1 advice I can give you. Please do NOT even consider this offer.

I can tell you from my own experience that Blue Air will never give you a contract and especially not during these times. I was stupid enough to accept the offer in 2018 because in the years before some of the guys actually got a contract when the company was still expanding. I did the type rating with them followed by the 200 hours line training. I was kinda lucky regarding my type rating instructor but other guys from my group of 6 went through hell. 2 of them almost gave up during the simulator because they basically were treated like dogs.
After the type rating the line training was the same experience. Some of the instructors are nice but most of them don't even like and want to teach you something.

Even though I never found a job after the 200 hours with Blue Air in the end I am happy that they did not give me a contract because I was just fed up with being treated like sh*t .

Please do not go there!

SamLaro
12th Mar 2021, 11:26
Hi Negan,

Do You work for Blue Air? Could you give me more information about the company? I did not decide whether I want to do the training program with Blue Air yet. I want to know more about the company and the program before I make a decision.

gianna737
13th Mar 2021, 10:40
Hey guys

It is true what Ales 737 says, it all starts a position as a job, at the interview you are told that you have to pay your TR yourself, and that you will get a training contract, and certainly that job.
It doesn't matter how good you are, it's a bit of a stage act, they really want to sell you that TR.
As soon as you agree, then the hell begins, Blue air to separate from 2 companies, Blue air the airline and Blue air the ATO.

You will be dealing with the following points.
- Self-study
- People do not respond to your questions by email
- If you are not satisfied, they will make it difficult for you
- No classroom lessons (instructors come in the morning and say you can only leave the classroom after 1:00 pm) but they go home themselves.
- No training material which is efficient
- The girls who work there at the ATO are very unfriendly
- The ATO Manager promises you things and never keeps his promise
- They treat the Romanian TR candidates differently than the expats, but you will only see that much more during the Line training, they get the line check and short flights which is much more educational, and the expats let them fly until 200 hours, although you are ready for the line check.

When you've been in the simulator (of course, if you've survived that)

Then the biggest hell begins.

There are captains who are instructors purely for the money.

- Bad CRM
- Very unfriendly, I have to be honest there were a few captains who were friendly, and they knew what we were going through.
They were manipulating the training even though you flew well and you weren't realized, that was decided from the office.
- Romanian was only spoken in the cockpit when a safaty pilot was present.
- and worst of all there was no standard within the company, one captain wanted it this way and the other one different, it was so frustrating as a beginner in the Line training.

I spoke to guys who during an interview in Italy they were told that they are not happy with guys who came from blue air, the standard was too low, that was the experience with the previous guys they had hired

I wish everyone good luck in this difficult time, I saw your stories and feel responsible to share my experience.

This is not an attack on anyone either, but this is the truth, it is better to invest your money in a good airline where you can learn things and it is a safety for every person here on Earth.

All the best!

Antoine3
13th Mar 2021, 14:36
I can speak from my own experience having completed the type rating with Blue Air in Romania in 2019. I ended up paying 31k for the tr, with 200 hours line training with a minimum wage of €200 Euro during this period. Franky speaking, it was truly the worst experience I've ever had in my life!!

This company is a big scam and act like a bunch of hyenas looking to produce as many 737 type rated pilots as possible! With the only goal of burning your money. The ones that got a contract was only because during the busy summer period of 2018 and 2019 many pilots went to Royal Air Maroc for paying expats a 10k per month salary with a 2 years contract. This resulted in a pilot shortage and out of panic they contracted several guys in line training, mostly Romanian guys.

The type rating is a joke and line training is not a training, CRM doesn't exist as captains only know how to scream. I really got insecure about my performance because of this. Strange enough they would speak positive after the flight writing a standard score in my syllabus with no feedback on my performance whatsoever. Just read the OM's they would say.

It speaks for itself that only a scam company would take advantage of new pilots in the worst aviation crisis in history. Even pay to fly provide at least 500 hours on type.

Stay far away from this company, you will regret it!

SamLaro
14th Mar 2021, 11:21
I am very shocked to read all this messages about Blue Air. I did not expect the situation to be so bad in this company. Thank you guys for sharing your experience. This is a real eye opener. I prefer to keep the €31k in my pocket until aviation recovers again. I really don’t understand why the EU and EASA let this kind of airlines run operations like this and basically let them take advantages of young pilots. The glory days of aviation are over unfortunately.

gianna737
15th Mar 2021, 09:56
Hi SamLaro

It is finally your choice, I understand that many boys and girls come from the school and see this opportunity to fly on an airline. but if I can advise you to choose another airline that can teach you what you pay for, the description I have described is only 25 percent of what I have seen and experienced,

It's so bad that there is a captain, you can only sit in the briefing room when he first sits,
and if you go into the cockpit before he hasn't, you're in big trouble.
Even when you walk to the plane he has to be in front, you cannot pass him, the people who have done their TR there know very well who I am talking about.
There were expats who knew they had to fly with him, they called in sick before the flight.

There are so many guys they said to after 200 hours just go home we will call you and they are still waiting, empty words and the ATO just keeps training people for TR.
So they can let people fly almost for free, it's just one scam.
few years ago no one got paid during the line training, but the government saw that, and it was banned, so they said we give people the minimum of about 200 euros during the line training.

I didn't fully explain what I meant in my previous comment, that the office decides on line check, if they give you a line check at 150 hours then they have to pay you in full, what do they say, on every flight they say , yes you have to fly more sectors even though you are ready for the line check, even though MAVRICK had been there, they had told him yes you are not ready for the line check, believe me
Believe me it's planned action not to pay people, and after 200 hours they take someone else who can fly almost for free for another 200 hours, and that repeats itself continuously, and meanwhile people are at home waiting for a call from blue air.

Another thing not even ashamed of, is after you have finished 200 hours, and have earned 200 euros per month, you can hand in your belongings and pay your own ticket to go home, you are not even allowed to fly home with the airline, only if you are booked a ticket (fully price) , shame on them, after I spend 31000 euro on them !!

Another advice from me, if you still take up the challenge, with blue air and you want to rent an apartment in Romania, and you give your deposite to the landlord,
always settle this with your last month's rent, if you don't, you will never see your money back, Expat forums and FB platforms are full of angry expats that they never got their money back and there was nothing wrong with the property!! I made that mistake too!

Good luck and take care !

Wingtex
15th Mar 2021, 20:46
Sure there must be something positive to say about them?

dirk85
15th Mar 2021, 21:22
Some cabin crews are kinda hot, does that count?

intheblue
21st Mar 2021, 18:34
It's so bad that there is a captain, you can only sit in the briefing room when he first sits,
and if you go into the cockpit before he hasn't, you're in big trouble.
Even when you walk to the plane he has to be in front, you cannot pass him, the people who have done their TR there know very well who I am talking about.
There were expats who knew they had to fly with him, they called in sick before the flight.

I’m not with blue air but can confirm, my friends are terrified by this joker.

Wingtex
5th Apr 2021, 09:33
Does Blue Air take new pilots for the type rating with a 200 hours contract for this season?

Banana Joe
5th Apr 2021, 10:13
In the world of unicorns, maybe.

Wingtex
5th Apr 2021, 10:17
Ah okay, you’re from that world? Looks like you’re name suits that description. I mean the real world of grown up people. I’ll wait for a suitable answer from someone else. Thanks anyway.

Banana Joe
5th Apr 2021, 12:06
That means NO. Welcome in the real world of grown up people.

Wingtex
5th Apr 2021, 12:17
I’ve been in the real world for a while, but thanks for the invite. You seem to be a wise banana. Are you affiliated with Blue Air in any shape or form?

gianna737
6th Apr 2021, 08:23
There are a bunch of people who are at home frustrated with 200 hours and who are still waiting for blue air, they have nowhere to go, most companies ask 500 on type, all those people gambled 31k only for the TR and you also fly for 200 euros in LT, at the end of the adventure you paid more for your TR, because you flew for them almost for free. Blue air only says yes you are in a talent pool, they say that too get rid of you!! if you plan to do P2f with them you will be in the same pool after 200 hours, and Blue air ATO prepared the next people too fly the next 200 hours for free, you get it ? the right seat means at Blue Air. "he flys for free"... and you can go home after 200 hours and somebody else take your seat over, and you can pay your own ticket home, it's just a scam!! and nobody realizes that.

Ps:there where people who have quit their jobs where they are from because of blue air had made them wise to get a contract after LT, and after 3 months, they wanted to go back to their old employer but that was no longer possible because that position had already been taken

WhatShortage
6th Apr 2021, 16:48
Wingtex

Here another wise banana, EVEN on the good days 2018/2019 they weren't taking everyone that was getting into the line training so yeah, guess what happens in 2021. The banana answer isnt that bad afterall.

And yes, I do agree that the question is quite naive.

Wingtex
6th Apr 2021, 17:06
oh, look who’s here. Straight from the jungle with more elevating advice to help his banana buddy. You guys had a high tea over this or what? Is this how it works in the world of unicorns?

Banana Joe
6th Apr 2021, 17:16
Ok then apply, get your 200 hour line training to be jobless thereafter, further ruining our conditions. Then don't come crying after they give you the boot.

Wingtex
6th Apr 2021, 17:32
Communication is not your strongest side, is it? How do you insinuate from my question that I was ever planning to consider blue air? (I don’t) It’s a legit question as I’ve been hearing they still train new cadet pilots in this crisis.

Seeing the amount of your highly intelligent comments on this platform, I recommend you to stay in your unicorn world along with your banana buddy’s, or whatever you doing. But please refrain me from your know it all banana attitude.

Yury Gagarin
28th Aug 2021, 16:51
So much fun seeing aviation imploding thanks to scam airlines the like of Blue Air and idiots paying them money to play pilot and take selfiies. **** me at what level we are. And think of the passenger flying with these "crews"

pacman91
8th Jul 2022, 06:12
any news here ?

pacman91
9th Jul 2022, 14:14
I am planing to apply type rating program and they ask 33.5k euros. Please advise me about them ?

pilot freak
9th Jul 2022, 15:05
Is that the same program? With 200 hours flying?

pacman91
9th Jul 2022, 15:24
Yes 200h lifus and type rating with 737 max

Solenoid
9th Jul 2022, 17:27
STOP destroying aviation!

pacman91
9th Jul 2022, 17:39
STOP destroying aviation!

What do you mean ?

Solenoid
10th Jul 2022, 14:02
You guys are paying to fly.

A320LGW
10th Jul 2022, 23:54
Anyone who has ever spent 1 penny on flight training has paid to fly.