PDA

View Full Version : Lanmei MPL cadet pilot program

dreamsdocometrue
6th Mar 2021, 06:32
Hi all,

Anyone going through or gone through the above program or have prior experience at Lanmei Airlines care to share about their experiences?

Climb150
6th Mar 2021, 13:20
Hi all,

Anyone going through or gone through the above program or have prior experience at Lanmei Airlines care to share about their experiences?
A minimum of 2 years of job opportunity will be given to all successful candidates to achieve a total of 1500 hours.

That says it all. As soon. As you have 1500 hours, see ya!

dreamsdocometrue
7th Mar 2021, 01:52
Thanks for the reply buddy! Yeah it's a minimum 2 year contract. Whats the typical contract length for such a program with other airlines?

And based on the timeline of taking 18 months to complete the program and the 2 years contract to accumulate the 1500 hours, what are the prospects of employment elsewhere with this license and experience should the contract not be extended, looking at 2025 after the training and contract is over? Taking into account the current situation we are in

lee_apromise
7th Mar 2021, 02:41
Thanks for the reply buddy! Yeah it's a minimum 2 year contract. Whats the typical contract length for such a program with other airlines?

And based on the timeline of taking 18 months to complete the program and the 2 years contract to accumulate the 1500 hours, what are the prospects of employment elsewhere with this license and experience should the contract not be extended, looking at 2025 after the training and contract is over? Taking into account the current situation we are in

You don't know what's happening with MPL guys in middle east and elsewhere? They are stuck with useless MPL because they got let go before accumulating 1500 hrs total to receive ATPL.

It's a huge gamble, its not worth it.

dreamsdocometrue
7th Mar 2021, 03:35
Right! Let's say all goes well, it was mentioned that they would give you the 1500 hrs time building with the two year contract and assuming that stands how useful is this going to be?

lee_apromise
7th Mar 2021, 05:14
Right! Let's say all goes well, it was mentioned that they would give you the 1500 hrs time building with the two year contract and assuming that stands how useful is this going to be?

It's always 50:50 if you get a next gig or not. Job chooses you, not you choose the job.

So many airlines in south east asian come and go in short period of time, you really wanna gamble?

dreamsdocometrue
2nd Apr 2021, 10:08
Hi,

I am going through the process with batch 2. Also wondering if you know anything about stage 2 screening assessments and study guides?

Kind regards,

What's the contract like?

_Mango_1
13th Apr 2021, 09:51
Hey, does anyone know if a non Cambodian citizen could also benefit from the programme?
How are the job opportunity for expats in Cambodia?

Flylaw
13th Apr 2021, 17:23
How much for the MPL and any salary doing the 1500 hours?

lacus101
1st Jun 2022, 15:35
anybody flying with this outfit?

Lmk0630
4th Jun 2022, 10:02
anybody flying with this outfit?
I heard delays at flying stage

There's no Sim or a/c available for training. I would double-check with someone on the outside before joining.

subdued
31st Jan 2023, 08:22
Hi, does anyone have any further insights to this program?
thanks.

cryptoknight
5th Feb 2023, 16:10
Yes, I got an offer from this Airline but rejected it due to several reasons:
- The airline has 4 aircraft > it is very hard for you to achieve 1,500 hours
- Still have 8 cadets in the past 1-2 years waiting to be released to the airline ( they will prioritize their nationality first ).
- It is very expensive $160k.
- They are mostly focused on the training part of the business rather than the actual airline business.
- I've heard things from their ex-employee... ( let's say it's not a good thing )

>> overall I think it's not worth risking your money like that, but please do your own research (they might be good, who knows)

NOVAA
9th Feb 2023, 07:47
It's been two years as Lanmei started MPL program. NONE(!) of the cadets finished core flying single engine part. There is one aircraft to do basic training- and two instructors. Lanmei has a hard time to operate from Phnom Penh airport.
Don't know where those 8 cadets that waiting to be released to airline :) There is about 20 cadet that been stuck with no training ...
Simulator arrived in January and not operational yet...
1500 hours in 2 years with 20 + MPL FOs in line and 3 not 4 aircrafts?!?!? Do the math : at current rate it's will take you 7 to 10 years to achieve 1500 hr ! Also remember they will trying to get more and more cadets into a program to keep program surviving and going - which mean your 1500 hours will take even longer!
Most likely they dump you for any reason write after your IOE - maybe 100-200 hours - and you will ending up with useless MPL licence that you can't use anywhere... No licence - no money - no job...

cryptoknight
10th Feb 2023, 03:08
It's been two years as Lanmei started MPL program. NONE(!) of the cadets finished core flying single engine part. There is one aircraft to do basic training- and two instructors. Lanmei has a hard time to operate from Phnom Penh airport.
Don't know where those 8 cadets that waiting to be released to airline :) There is about 20 cadet that been stuck with no training ...
Simulator arrived in January and not operational yet...
1500 hours in 2 years with 20 + MPL FOs in line and 3 not 4 aircrafts?!?!? Do the math : at current rate it's will take you 7 to 10 years to achieve 1500 hr ! Also remember they will trying to get more and more cadets into a program to keep program surviving and going - which mean your 1500 hours will take even longer!
Most likely they dump you for any reason write after your IOE - maybe 100-200 hours - and you will ending up with useless MPL licence that you can't use anywhere... No licence - no money - no job...
Thank you for more insights bro, I saw that you have also been looking for a place to train. May I know if you found any good place so far (non-scammer place lmao )? I'm looking for good cadet program but haven't found any. The cheapest place I can find is in Canada but again it's only a flight school without jobs guaranteed

Thank you