PDA

View Full Version : Career

Nati117
5th Mar 2021, 15:41
Hello every one,

I am considering beginning CPL training, and wandering what is the job opportunity for pilot whit only 200 hours( considering the times before the pandemic as well) any were in the world whit EASE and EU citizenship?

Flying Clog
5th Mar 2021, 18:12
Is this a wind up?

Don't be ridiculous, just find literally any other career on offer, and fly for fun.

What's wrong with you?

Nati117
6th Mar 2021, 16:03
,I'm looking for information, I know times are hard

I want to know if there is such a thing to be hired for a job whit 200 hours in order to build time?( like a pip petrol)

And how common is it? (Considering the time before the corona as well)

and if there isant such a thing, what I need to do whit
?whit out spending much money

redsnail
7th Mar 2021, 09:03
I can't speak for Europe, but in the UK there's practically nothing available for low houred pilots. I assume you mean general aviation jobs? Most of those go to folks who know someone.
Airlines generally don't take low houred pilots unless they have come through a full time course that they interviewed and got selected for.
Yes, there are exceptions but that's usually during a hiring boom - and there probably won't be one of those for at least 2-3 years.

A320LGW
7th Mar 2021, 10:30
It is not for anyone on here to tell you not to become a pilot. I will advise that if you have serious motivation for it then to go for it, if you are half and half then I'd advise you not to because it will take a lot out of you and unless you were all in at the start it won't go nicely.

Now presuming you do want to go for it, I'd advise you to go modular and space out your training, time its elements with the market. When you see jobs appearing complete your CPL/IR (about 3 months lead time). Right now there is nothing on offer but in 4/5 years there might be - no one can know for sure.

Nati117
7th Mar 2021, 11:14
What about Asia and the third world country's, is there possbility to be hierd over there whit 200 hours?

redsnail
7th Mar 2021, 16:16
Asia? Unless you are a citizen and enrolled on one of their cadet schemes, no.
The bottom line is things are dire for pilots right now, you've noticed that already. Great.
There are a lot of unemployed/under employed pilots around the world too. For sure, many will leave the industry as they are getting close to retirement age or they have reassessed the work/life situation.

I don't know how you're going to fund the training nor your age. First question that needs answering is can you pass the Class one medical? You've stated that you have EU citizen ship. Useful. Spend some time wading through the EASA site looking at medical requirements and training requirements so you are ready. Also, you need to decide where you'll want to work as that'll guide where you'll train. (Or what license to get).

If you are planning full time training, if it was me, I would wait a year to see how the industry will recover. If this summer is a failure in Europe, then I suspect that there'll be a few more airline casualties.

SID PLATE
8th Mar 2021, 15:46
This looks a bit trolly.
Curious spelling mistakes, including the name of his/her home country ?

If wrong, I apologise.

Nati117
8th Mar 2021, 16:01
it not a trolly,
i am asking to know.

Training Risky
13th Mar 2021, 09:51
Nati, the problem is (as others have said above) that wherever you go in the world, 200-hour CPL grads are going to be at the back of the queue for jobs. Thousands of 1000+ hour pilots have been made redundant over the past 12 months, and they are looking for anything that will get them flying again. This is not the time to join the job market!

the flying schools may tell you diferently but hey, they have a job to do.

if you have unlimited money to burn however, then go for it.

😂

Koalatiger
2nd Apr 2021, 14:37
What would be a minimum amout of hours that the airlines are looking for?

arrowcapitan
3rd Apr 2021, 17:20
depends from 250 to 2500 hours

rudestuff
4th Apr 2021, 10:21
Koalatiger

When they run out of rated pilots, then 200 hours and a pulse. Right now, 2-3000 hours. Unless you're lucky.

twinotterifr
5th Apr 2021, 07:57
Would strongly advise you to select your training in countries where you have or will be granted permission to work for in the future. If you can, look up the regulations regarding the part-FCL, as you will be limited to flying aircrafts registered in where you receive your license, with the exception of EASA member states.