PDA

View Full Version : F-15E over Northern Ireland

NWSRG
4th Mar 2021, 19:40
Today, we had a visitor (presumably from Lakenheath) over Northern Ireland's skies. Took a little jaunt up to our beautiful north coast.

If anyone knows the Base Commander, can you kindly ask him to send some more this way please...we don't get to see anything more exciting than an Easy A320 most of the time (although we have had 3 Qatar 777s carrying rich Chinese students this term).

So if the USAF need a change of scenery for 15s, V22s, or anything else, we'll happily wave up at them! :)

PS. I should acknowledge the RAF contribution...during Covid, we've had numerous C17 and A400 training flights to break the monotony, and the odd fast jet too. Even had a Texan over after the F-15 today!

NineEighteen
5th Mar 2021, 07:58
I too have enjoyed seeing the occasional C-17 fly over central London during this last twelve months. A nice change from nose to tail minibuses into and out of LHR. No fast jets yet, apart from the Reds but here's hoping!

pasta
5th Mar 2021, 08:05
I too have enjoyed seeing the occasional C-17 fly over central London during this last twelve months. A nice change from nose to tail minibuses into and out of LHR. No fast jets yet, apart from the Reds but here's hoping!

You must have missed the Patrouille de France!

Kiltrash
5th Mar 2021, 13:09
Maybe turned left instead of right over Lake Windermere. ..
2 years ago on a trip on said lake was thrilled to hear the sound of Freedom under the speed of sound 😐 at a couple of hundred feet above the water. Pull up wing over and dive down low the way they came. ..too busy gawping to get the camera out to photograph a blur...

lefty loose
6th Mar 2021, 15:55
careful what you wish for!

teeteringhead
7th Mar 2021, 14:05
Many many years ago (1980s?), when Norn Iron became an official Military Low Flying Area (LFA 19?), apparently on Day 1 a pair of (Dutch?) F-104s tried to book in!

They hadn't read the small print that said for resident aircraft only. Now THAT would have been fun.......