PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers

BabyYoda
3rd Mar 2021, 23:33
Unsurprisingly, they're looking for more volunteers for those 5 weeks of prison time.

Please, before you do, have another read at your new contract and at the letters they sent you last October.

Some have a very short memory, it seems.
And they will still complain that they don't fly enough, that they get no support, that they don't get their laundry allowance.
Honestly, what did you expect?

norfolkungood
4th Mar 2021, 00:31
Some want to do a longer stint 😩

852pilot
4th Mar 2021, 01:30
Dun worry....500+ of your ex-colleagues in RED want this job.

Rie
4th Mar 2021, 01:43
At least you can see how hard the vacuum works for the company in those wishing to extend. Luckily for everyones safety the CAD only approved the 5 week stints...

Hugo Peroni the V
4th Mar 2021, 02:00
Couldn’t find the definition of ‘volunteer’ anywhere so thought best to stick to my modern, competitive contract in case I was disadvantaged.

Farman Biplane
4th Mar 2021, 03:07
An offer COS99/08 with expat benefits would yield sufficient “volunteers”

doolay
4th Mar 2021, 03:33
Who are these mystery people that want longer stints in the Closed Loop?

Jnr380
4th Mar 2021, 04:32
Pilots do suffer from short term memory loss. When people have had up to 65% of their package reduced, they’re still willing to help. This I struggle with understanding.

if the company wants volunteers then cut the minimum hours of POS 18 so if you fly, from the first minute you get paid productivity pay.

hyg
4th Mar 2021, 04:51
doolay

may be those who don't have a life outside the cockpit.... no shortage of those around

Bokpiel
12th Mar 2021, 00:24
Rather that than being one of the pathetic negative :mad: who doesn't have a life outside of pprune.

If people want to volunteer then let them. None of anyone else's business.

QNH set
12th Mar 2021, 12:52
I agree, let them volunteer. However, stop complaining when it is not what you expected.

BabyYoda
18th Mar 2021, 02:28
Bokpiel

Yeah, yeah, short term gain for long term pain, really smart, so typical of a CX pilot.
Your one time 20k certainly aren't going to offset what you've lost over your whole career. Hell, it's not even good enough to offset what you've lost in one month.

But, hey, how can you be blamed when the "union" can't issue clear guidelines. Just some muddy "we don't recommend..."

And commuters don't understand they're shooting themselves in the foot. Why do you think the company isn't trying harder to make a reverse rostering close loop possible? Because they don't need to, that's why.

Curry Lamb
18th Mar 2021, 04:59
We won’t be doing the US much longer. The Polar Bear in Anchorage will be missed!

United States Threatens To Ban Cathay Pacific!

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/03/17/cathay-pacific-faces-possible-ban-from-u-s-routes-due-to-hong-kong-quarantine-politics/?omhide=true

Dingleberry Handpump
18th Mar 2021, 05:33
Blimey, what an atrociously written article.

Still, it’s hard to argue the thrust of the USDOT’s complaint.

main_dog
18th Mar 2021, 05:50
That’s one of the last sources of positive cashflow. At this rate, we may soon be missing our employment.

Bangaluru
18th Mar 2021, 12:54
The rights and wrongs of volunteering aside, one thing is certain, CK is desperate.

gipilot
18th Mar 2021, 14:42
Can anyone explain why they need more volunteers if they’re happy to stand down most of the freighter jockeys in Europe?

BubbaJ
19th Mar 2021, 00:22
I know many have their reasons for volunteering but just take a minute to read POS18 again and remember they will take take take given half a chance.
On principal I wouldn't help CK if he was on fire. The guy is a weasel

BabyYoda
19th Mar 2021, 01:17
It seems he's not desperate enough.

They're doing exactly as they've always done, increase their offer bit by bit until they barely achieve their goal (or until it's too late).
I can think of between 08 and 99 other incentives that will make us volunteer.

And as of excuses people have to volunteer, it varies from fear of losing their job to pure boredom, from getting a one one time extra 20k to getting away from the crying newborn.

Please, please, please, think long term before you choose the prison sentence.

HOLD THE LINE!

Jnr380
19th Mar 2021, 04:29
What will it take for me to sign up to the closed loop:

1) get rid of the minimum hours per month, so for all the hours I fly I get the hourly pay.

2) Introduce a new COS that is vastly superior to the current one with Consultation from the Union that will be implemented in 2022 or at the latest 2023.

3) Medical and Schooling allowance equivalent prior to this COS18

4) Revert back to Annual Leave as per old conditions

These are my four conditions and I expect no less if you want me to lock myself up in a room for a couple of months. If you could meet these expectations, I’ll be happy to electronically sign the form the minute these are met.

Till then, I wish you luck finding volunteers.

Curry Lamb
19th Mar 2021, 04:52
For a moment I thought it was already the 1st of April!

MENELAUS
19th Mar 2021, 05:37
It is, apparently.

pfvspnf
19th Mar 2021, 06:04
good luck broda, pay salary next by my favourite Western Union

Landflap
19th Mar 2021, 09:08
Amen to that herewego 75. Like those lining up and banging pots & pans in support of (anything actually} - so long as they are observed. Others taking the jab without much thought and claiming that they were doing so, in order to save other lives. Oh dear. Someone saw some humour in observing groups of people inside a local bank, all wearing masks but on sharing the obvious humour, was rounded on by the same do-gooders with a statement , such as, " Glad you find the sight of people concerned with protecting others amusing." - Can't win, double ' Oh dear ' moment.