PDA

View Full Version : FFS treated as "Flight"

kitenation
3rd Mar 2021, 10:56
Hey guys,

I have a question. EASA regulations / operator regulations determine the amount of refresher training to be done in the case of time lapsed from "last flight" of 6-12 months, 12-36 monts and 36+.

Can a flight on the FFS be accounted toward the above just like it is in case of 3 landings after 90 days in order to restore currency, or it need to be an actual flight in the airplane?

redsnail
3rd Mar 2021, 14:47
Assuming you're endorsed on the type that the Full Flight Sim is, eg Dash 8, Airbus 320 etc then 3 landings in the sim count. Other situations could be different.

excrab
3rd Mar 2021, 20:18
Best to check with your training department or the equivalent. At the airline I fly for (admittedly no longer an EU operator due to U.K. politics), it is from the last time you exercised the privileges of your licence, so from your last flight in the aircraft.

kitenation
3rd Mar 2021, 20:45
I am rated on the 737. I had my rec and lpc last autumn but due to COVID didnt fly since march. I am wondering potential refresher training scope. Would i be treated as not flying under or over a year. Second case acording to company manuals means means training required.

FlyingStone
4th Mar 2021, 09:02
We can't know what's in your company manuals, so it would be better if you addressed this question to your training department.

kitenation
11th Mar 2021, 12:57
Well, answering my own question it looks like FFS time accounts for this period. Thanks, and just FYI.