PDA

View Full Version : Eurowings

arrowcapitan
1st Mar 2021, 06:31
does any one have info about this company ? How many pilots they need etc..

A321drvr
1st Mar 2021, 07:27
T&C-s are pretty much clear within the job advert for both seats. In fact i have never seen such a detailed breakdown in any other job adverts, even pre-Covid.

Otherwise it's just another LCC operating A320. I'm sure that in some aspects it is better and in some aspects it's worse than EZY, Volotea, Aegean, WZZ or Lauda (whatever it's called now). However it's a job in Euroland and I'm sure they won't have a shortage of applicants. Not many can be too picky at the moment, unfortunately.

Speed_Alive_V1
1st Mar 2021, 07:43
Seems just to be Majorca they are recruiting for? Obviously expecting high demand from European cities to sunshine....Hard to wonder why looking out at this weather the last 12 months.

Good news to see a hiring page like that though. I note it mentions a permenant employment contract in the 'what's in it for me' section. I would have thought items like that would have been nipped out regarding recent events, but glad to see it there. Possibly related to Spanish labour agreements?

olyve91
1st Mar 2021, 08:47
hi there, anyone knows what are the details for "Three out" and "The bridge" contract for cockpit they offer?

dcoded
1st Mar 2021, 11:14
All information can be found on their website.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1604x658/screen_shot_2021_03_01_at_13_13_29_74e42ac75c0ab5424f53c0442 902a785d7e773d1.png

olyve91
1st Mar 2021, 11:45
thank you dcoded

PositiveGhostrider
1st Mar 2021, 18:09
Does anyone have a better understanding than me of the pay they are offering : the opening mentions "Remuneration per hour as percentage of basic month salary" under "additional duty time" and "flight duty period". Is this an additional pay on top of the mentioned basic salary?

Banana Joe
1st Mar 2021, 18:38
Yes, it's on top of the basic salary, but I don't know if that is tax free.

bairni
3rd Mar 2021, 20:03
Extra Flight Duty payment is taxed like the basic salary.
Per diems are tax free until a certain threshold is reached per day.

A320LGW
4th Mar 2021, 10:45
Does anyone know when they plan to hold assessments and when they plan for people to start type ratings?

sekmeth
4th Mar 2021, 10:59
dont get your hopes up.
The first ones to apply are people from the Lufthansa group airlines, if there are not enough internal applications they look to the outside.
Chances of them doing full typeratings are slim to none.

A320LGW
4th Mar 2021, 13:28
Thanks, I had thought as much. This reminds me of when another airline advertised externally last summer .. whilst having 100+ crew on layoff. All positions were inevitably filled internally.

hsilva7
4th Mar 2021, 16:26
does anyone knows if they, normally, give all applicants some feedback even on the negative side?
Or they just get in touch with the ones that fulfill their requirements?

another question: do you guys have any idea of how long could these kind of job adverts remain available online?

thanks

safelife
5th Mar 2021, 06:17
5000+ applications within the first 90 minutes after being published is the gossip.

A320LGW
5th Mar 2021, 18:12
There are people who managed to complete the whole application in under 90 minutes!?

hsilva7
5th Mar 2021, 20:16
Exactly!! 😂

hsilva7
9th Mar 2021, 22:50
Does anyone received any e-mail from Eurowings team, saying this: “Thank you kindly for your application at Eurowings Europe GmbH.

As Eurowings Europe GmbH is receiving a large number of qualified applications at the same time, we have decided to give preference to Lufthansa Group internal candidates. Nevertheless your application will stay active. If demand remains after these applications have been processed, your application will be considered.

Please keep your career.aero profile up to date at all times so that we will be able to contact you in the future. We regret, that we are not in the position to invite you for the next step in the selection process at this time.

maverickflyer
10th Mar 2021, 09:05
I received the same message yesterday. I wonder if all the candidates that don’t belong to the Lufthansa group got it or just some of us.

hsilva7
10th Mar 2021, 10:13
it would be nice, if everybody could share their experiences...

I think they weren't expecting such amount of qualified applications from outsiders... so it might be just a away to get rid of the surplus of applications...

A320LGW
10th Mar 2021, 10:50
I also received the same email last night, at least it's not a rejection I guess

Hogos
10th Mar 2021, 14:12
When times were better for aviation, back to 2018, I applied for EW, reaching the final stage of the selection process, and not getting the job at the end (I was still non-rated).
Now I'm rated on the A320, on the ground due to the pandemic, but there are thousands of pilots much more experienced than me who applied for the same position.
The only thing we can do is to hope, maybe a day the pandemic will come to an end !

giord
1st Aug 2021, 09:12
Hi guys,

EW is advertising both seats again; anybody knows if they’re looking to actually hire anytime soon? Any hindsight on the selection process?

Thank You

Vinny91
1st Aug 2021, 10:26
Hi Giord, hi everyone ,
I am also currently seeing the application for the first officer at EW but I do not understand if it is for type rated only or also for those who do not have it.
If someone can enlighten us I will thanks so much in advance!

Giuff
1st Aug 2021, 17:52
The ad clearly states "A320 type rated".

LO_152
1st Aug 2021, 18:46
It clearly states:

Preferably with A320 type rating

Giuff
1st Aug 2021, 18:51
Not in the title of the ad.
In the requirements they write "preferably with A320 type rating", so I suppose they will give way to type rated people, maybe also with austrian or german license.

Airone2977
3rd Aug 2021, 09:31
Hey folks

I applied for the job, 737TR with hours on type. They quickly replied and confirmed that they give priority to 320TR + exp (ex CSA crews seems to be the target). Other profiles will be processed later on.

gtaflyer
3rd Aug 2021, 12:38
It would appear they only want locals and German speaking, what a waste of time and effort. They advertise for the sake of advertising and to show they are transparent when they are not.

sekmeth
3rd Aug 2021, 16:46
for the german bases they are looking for german speaking only. For EW EU the story could be different, I don’t know.

Giuff
6th Aug 2021, 18:39
Given the T&Cs i doubt they will find people.

Giuff
6th Aug 2021, 18:39
gtaflyer

Not true. German "desirable".

sekmeth
6th Aug 2021, 19:53
Eurowings Germany is ok, depending in experience, not sure about EU

Giuff
6th Aug 2021, 20:32
EU contract is absurd.
Worth for fellows living in PRG.

com304
6th Aug 2021, 21:25
About half of CSA salary (pre covid), not sure about Smartwings and Ryanair who also has PRG base.

FlightDetent
7th Aug 2021, 10:18
TVS used to pay reasonable money to summer contractors from the outside, 2020 offer was 13k €/m self-employed. Almost the same amount in 6 months as the local lads would earn over the whole year.

Little afraid to calculate how much 50% of salary from a failed EE legacy actually is.

Anyone with detailed numbers?

com304
7th Aug 2021, 11:35
Captain:

Starting Salary (Prague): min. 40.000 € gross annual basic salary (this gross annual basic salary is
based on a work obligation of 100% during summer and part time during winter – full time depending on
demand)
Additional variable payment: up to 50% of the basic salary
Recognition of prior experience: per 700blh PIC MTOW > 19,5t +400€/year

First Officer:

Starting Salary (Prague): min. 25.000 € gross, annual basic salary this gross annual basic salary is
based on a work obligation of 100% during summer and part time during winter – full time depending on
demand)
Additional variable payment: up to 50% of the basic salary
Recognition of prior experience: per 700blh MTOW > 19,5t +200€/year
Contract conditions
We offer you a fixed-term Czech employment contract, 14 installments (holiday and Christmas payment
- monthly basic salary).

Other Information and benefits
• Social security is paid in Czech Republic and wage tax in Austria
• 500 € tax advisory allowance per year (paid out with the December salary)
• Payment is made in Czech crowns
• Planning rules according to EASA Ops
• Duty rosters will be published 10 days before the beginning of the month
• Uniform is provided free of charge
• Loss of License insurance
• Access to Lufthansa employee offers and thus reduced flight and vacation offers within the
worldwide networks of Eurowings, Lufthansa and partner airlines will be included after six
months.

Banana Joe
7th Aug 2021, 12:36
Not looking good, at all.

Theholdingpoint
7th Aug 2021, 13:19
I know people without even a high school diploma making more than FOs. Variable payment included.

FlightDetent
7th Aug 2021, 13:40
Jeez, wish I didn't ask ... Come on, 80 gross would be 48 net, i.e. 4 k p.m. Half that?

They certainly did underestimate the running rate for tax accountants in Austria.

Flocks
8th Aug 2021, 08:11
If you have a Czech contract and based in PRG (so probably living there) you should not pay your tax in Czech Republic ?

Banana Joe
8th Aug 2021, 08:12
Many dual tax treaties between countries state that crew members should pay their income taxes in the country where the airline has its headquarter, but it's still a very grey area.

booze
8th Aug 2021, 08:17
For a long time now airlines got creative (eg. using the many loopholes provided by national, bi-lateral and EU tax regs and legislations). Employees are kind of riding the "bus" under the impression (were made beleive by magenta/orange/red/blue/"insert any other color here" presentations by their respective HR departments) that they have got a good deal by paying tax here, socal security there whilst being based elsewhere. These are the realities of flying for an outfit in Euroland these days I'm afraid. All is good and well until the taxman sends you a letter or worse comes knocking down your door.

Hogos
16th Aug 2021, 14:32
I applied both for the previous position in Palma (some moths ago), and also for Prague, very recently.
In both cases I received the same identical email, saying that due to the large number of applications, the process might take long time.
It's understandable, considering the amount of experienced pilots on the ground.
Do you guys think with a TR on the 320 and low hours on type I could have any chance with them ?

Banana Joe
16th Aug 2021, 15:22
No. You don't have any experience.

Hogos
16th Aug 2021, 18:49
I didn't say I don't have any exprerience, low but still something.
Considering that on the website they didn't mention any requirement (TR "just" preferable indeed), I was wondering

Airone2977
17th Aug 2021, 08:13
It worst the shot, you don't know what might happen in the futur. For PRG base they are looking for ex CSA crew, because they only intend to base 2 or 3 A320 for the winter season. However they may increase the operation for the next summer season, and therefore need people. Wait and see.

Vinny91
4th Oct 2021, 09:51
Hello everyone!
Does anyone got an invitation for Eurowings? did they start to call No type-rated pilot?
Thanks so much!

Jetbbq
4th Oct 2021, 13:58
Hi. Anyone knows if they will hire for the Stockholm Base?

Airone2977
5th Oct 2021, 08:06
They received more than 6000 aplications for the PRG base (CC & FC). I think they have enough to dig in.
I won't hold my breath

Ferhappy
6th Oct 2021, 17:04
hi guys, anyone knows how to prepare the apt exam for Ewings? I´ve heard it comes from "ACE", but ill appreciate if someone know something else.

regards

Danny89
8th Oct 2021, 08:43
Check out the German pilot forum, there is a little more insight with regard to the ATPL exam for the EW IP BQ.
Did you receive an invitation for the BQ for PRG base?

Ferhappy
8th Oct 2021, 19:25
Thanks! Im new here so I can't find the German forum :), can you send me a link if you find something about it? I got the invitation for November, the send me an email to choose between the 10th 11th and 12th of November. I'll go on the 10th.

Danny89
9th Oct 2021, 00:06
You should check pilotenboard.de and you'll need Google translate. You'll find some questions and info. For the EW IP BQ SkyTest is recommended (80 EUR).
Haven't done the test myself yet, but if I have more info I'll share. Good luck!

marvs
13th Oct 2021, 21:11
I am also there on the 10th

D_Zign
28th Nov 2021, 20:19
Hi guys.
Has anyone passed the BQ that can tell me what the content is or what to expect in the next phase? Is it just Simulator Screening or is it SIM and CQ on the same day?
Cheers

Don Draper
30th Nov 2021, 09:11
The next phase consists in a simulator screening. If you pass it, you will be called some time later for the CQ. So no, the sim and the CQ aren't on the same day.

D_Zign
1st Dec 2021, 08:54
Hi Don
Any tips for the Sim Session?
Thanks

Stuntpiloot
4th Dec 2021, 09:51
Depending if you're rated or non-(airbus)-rated. Think the non-rated go for FNPT2 simulator; the rated go for FFS on A320.

The rated session is pretty standard, straight forward. All raw-data with manual thrust. Start on the runway, fly a SID; Radar vectors for airwork (steepturns, slow flying with flaps2, climbing/descending turns). Vector for holding point, make your entry and set up for ILS approach. During GA you'll get OEI, same again only this time a non-precision approach.

Thereafter self-debriefing and finished.

(Your PM is a company pilot, but he only works on your command. And is not allowed to help or take over)

D_Zign
5th Dec 2021, 10:19
Stuntpiloot! Many thanks!

What do you mean by self-debriefing? No technical questions on the briefing and debriefing?

:ok:

Stuntpiloot
5th Dec 2021, 10:22
They will ask you after the session, what you think/feel about the screening etc

As for (de)briefing, everything is nicely explained. If you're unfamiliar they will explain (for example LIDO charts). No memory items, limitations or questions asked

falcon7777
14th Dec 2021, 11:46
Thank you Stuntpilot. Captains have the same screening session? Any LOFT scenario?`
Do you have some detailed information about the airport? Where are you going to depart from? Dusseldorf or Vienna or Bremen?

Stuntpiloot
14th Dec 2021, 13:01
Thank you Stuntpilot. Captains have the same screening session? Any LOFT scenario?`
Do you have some detailed information about the airport? Where are you going to depart from? Dusseldorf or Vienna or Bremen?

Both seats have the same screening, only captains do an extra LOFT.
It will be a small & easy fault, only focussed on the problem solving technic & CRM.

Airport and faults are depending on the instructor of the day, but normally a big German airport (Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Bremen, etc)
They will let you know, once you enter the simulator

falcon7777
16th Dec 2021, 15:42
Thanks alot for your answer Stuntpiloot.

DHC_FBW
31st Jan 2022, 21:26
Thanks! Im new here so I can't find the German forum :), can you send me a link if you find something about it? I got the invitation for November, the send me an email to choose between the 10th 11th and 12th of November. I'll go on the 10th.

Hi all,
Manage to find the German forum but only states the Skytest. Prep. Any good?
How about the LatestPilotJobs Assessments prep. for the EW IP BQ? I haven't seen anyone mentioning it.

Btw, did anyone passed the EW BQ lately and some feedback and doesn't mind to share?

How is the ATPL questionnaire? very basic or "deep back to school"

Thanks and safe flights

Sainz96
10th Mar 2022, 19:38
Hi! Anyone has news about eurowings hiring? I saw that they we’re accepting non-typed no-experience but haven’t heard about anyone getting a call to go for an assessment. Any feedback would be great

F3LD
11th Mar 2022, 15:55
From a friend I heard that they do are hiring. They will fly more airplanes this summer than intially planned. (This counts for both Eurowings Europe and Eurowings GmbH/Germany)
However Eurowings GmbH (german bases) is currently hiring exclusively from within the Lufthansa Group (ex 4U/SXD crews). They also screened/hired a bunch of Lufthansa cadets fresh out of their type ratings.
Eurowings Europe no idea how things look there exactly except that they are looking for pilots for their Prague and Stockholm bases. But you will find more information on the career.aero website.

Jabulani
19th Mar 2022, 18:06
Depending if you're rated or non-(airbus)-rated. Think the non-rated go for FNPT2 simulator; the rated go for FFS on A320.

The rated session is pretty standard, straight forward. All raw-data with manual thrust. Start on the runway, fly a SID; Radar vectors for airwork (steepturns, slow flying with flaps2, climbing/descending turns). Vector for holding point, make your entry and set up for ILS approach. During GA you'll get OEI, same again only this time a non-precision approach.

Thereafter self-debriefing and finished.

(Your PM is a company pilot, but he only works on your command. And is not allowed to help or take over)

You are guessing wrong, I have been there for screening, non rated. They put you in a FFS and expect you to fly within type rating limits even if you newer saw the flight deck of an Airbus before. No LOFT element at all, no difference between a experienced CPT and a low hour FO, requirements for a screening which are not even part of any typerating, I did some but cant remember having flown a manual holding as a single hand pilot ever. So think twice if you want to spend time and money for requirements you might not be able to fullfil.

Sainz96
19th Mar 2022, 19:22
You are guessing wrong, I have been there for screening, non rated. They put you in a FFS and expect you to fly within type rating limits even if you newer saw the flight deck of an Airbus before. No LOFT element at all, no difference between a experienced CPT and a low hour FO, requirements for a screening which are not even part of any typerating, I did some but cant remember having flown a manual holding as a single hand pilot ever. So think twice if you want to spend time and money for requirements you might not be able to fullfil.

can I ask you if you are a cadet? Non-rated, no experience? Because they replied me that they are looking for rated candidates only

Jabulani
22nd Mar 2022, 07:23
@ Sainz96: 30 years experience, but no Airbus rating

misteredin2
30th Mar 2022, 08:19
Hello lovely people.

I applied last year in July (fATPL, ntr) and never got an answer.

I have just received an email now where they ask me to confirm wether I’m still interested in working with them, as they will start inviting for assessments pilots with no type.

Is anybody in the same situation?

NorthernSeeker
30th Mar 2022, 08:38
Hello lovely people.

I have just received an email now where they ask me to confirm wether I’m still interested in working with them, as they will start inviting for assessments pilots with no type.

Same situation. It's probably a standard email that goes out to all applicants who have been in the system as NTR for a while.
Never the less, I was of course still interested!

F3LD
30th Mar 2022, 13:46
The demand is present. However they are simply lacking training capacity/simulator availabilities. Hence not hearing from them. Right now they are busy getting their own cadets through the Type Rating and Lufthansa cadets through the OCC as fast as possible to be ready for summer. Thats the Eurowings Germany side of things. However some of the Eurowings cadets are going to european bases also.

Vinny91
9th Apr 2022, 16:29
Hello lovely people.

Yep that's me, the same situation!

Hopefully, they will invite us soon!

Sainz96
16th Apr 2022, 22:37
Received an email today to sign a document that had something about Consent and data release. Anyone else has news? Does anyone knows when are they planning to start to invite cadets for the assessments?

F3LD
17th Apr 2022, 21:29
Received an email today to sign a document that had something about Consent and data release. Anyone else has news? Does anyone knows when are they planning to start to invite cadets for the assessments?

Lufthansa Group Cadets are being called throughout the year. Some are within their Type Rating while others are doing the OCC. Last Info was also that they are continue calling cadets throughout the year for their 2023 demand

Marck79
18th Apr 2022, 20:13
[QUOTE=Sainz96;11216612]Received an email today to sign a document that had something about Consent and data release. Anyone else has news? Does anyone knows when are they planning to start to invite cadets for the assessments?[/Same situation

340-co
19th Apr 2022, 06:13
Hi!

Just saw on the net EW hiring Captains for European bases.

Anyone who went through Basic Qualification BQ lately?

I heard for Captains it’s a bit reduced compare to BQ for cadets.

Most info in other forums as pilotenboard.de it’s outdated.

Thanks!

Jabulani
22nd Apr 2022, 05:14
Hi!

I heard for Captains it’s a bit reduced compare to BQ for cadets.

No, the company running the test has got only one test which they use for all airlines, your result will be compared with the last 2000 results, if you are below the actual average of these tests you fail. Have been told so by an employee of the company by mistake....
There is absolutely no difference between experienced captains and low hour FOs.

centerline
4th May 2022, 12:29
Does anyone have details about the "Fast Track Upgrade" recruitment? How does t work?
(only Stockholm?)

kru0
11th May 2022, 10:38
I also received the same email regarding the Data Release. Does anyone know something about the structure of the EW assessments in the past? I don't feel like paying 40€ at latestpilotjobs...

downsouth
16th May 2022, 14:04
Hi guys! Anyone currently flying for EW Europe right now? Specially PMI base, but any would do for the questions I have... Thanks.

Amarob
19th May 2022, 13:19
Hello Guys I got this email recently:Your application First Officer (m/f/d) A320-Family (Type-Rated/Non Type-Rated) Stockholm or Palma de Mallorca or Prague

Dear Mr. Roberto A*********

thank you once again for your application with Eurowings Europe!
We have reviewed and accepted your application and just started with inviting non rated candidates. However, due to the high number of applications it will take some time now until we can invite you to the first step of the selection process. Therefore we kindly ask you for patience. Once we are able to invite you, we will contact you via email.

I Guess this means I got selected for an interview but still I need to wait, is it right?

Kefo
21st May 2022, 14:08
Hello everyone!

Any new feedback regarding the eurowings assessment? Also if anyone has any info regarding which prep software to use i would appreciate an answer!

Goodluck everyone!

squidie
26th May 2022, 12:18
Hello Guys I got this email recently:Your application First Officer (m/f/d) A320-Family (Type-Rated/Non Type-Rated) Stockholm or Palma de Mallorca or Prague

Dear Mr. Roberto A*********

thank you once again for your application with Eurowings Europe!
We have reviewed and accepted your application and just started with inviting non rated candidates. However, due to the high number of applications it will take some time now until we can invite you to the first step of the selection process. Therefore we kindly ask you for patience. Once we are able to invite you, we will contact you via email.

I Guess this means I got selected for an interview but still I need to wait, is it right?

That's what it states.

Kefo
28th May 2022, 11:23
Hello!
Does anyone know if you need to be fully vaccinated in order to do the assessments at Eurowings? or if 1-2 doses is enough?

iamdavide
29th May 2022, 01:37
Hello marvs,
I'm just about to be invited to the IP-BQ Screening. Would you please tell me which excercises you faced during this phase? I've noticed there are many exc on SkyTest.
Thanks in advance and I really do hope you passed the sim!
Davide

vivienne12
31st May 2022, 10:33
Hi guys!

Did anyone got invited as a Cadet?

daveandg
14th Jun 2022, 18:12
Hi guys…..it would appear EW are also now recruiting for direct entry to German bases, and doesn’t seem to be restricted to internal ie. Those cadets that had come through LH flight schools etc.

Any idea what time to command is for EW GMBH? And are rosters fixed pattern or purely bid driven?

cheers, Dag

sekmeth
15th Jun 2022, 14:47
Time to command roughly 15years. Its a random roster with at least 10 days off (9 in february), and at least 1x 4 or 2x 3 off.
You can bid for no single day off and for requested days off, not according to seniority, so you need some luck.
Plenty of part-time options available but absolutely 0% chance of direct entry captains, as there may be around 150 FOs waiting for an upgrade and in 2 years that number wil double.
German B2 is a hard requirement, no exceptions.

Alpine Flyer
20th Jun 2022, 05:48
Time to command roughly 15years.

How can time to command be 15 years for a company that isn’t even that old?

FlightDetent
20th Jun 2022, 08:57
Mainline F/Os coming for the left seat and base could be a problem to the in-house applicants...

FarewellFire
24th Jun 2022, 22:25
I was a bit put off by their screening process where a candidate has to pay for flights and hotels for three separate events, in case you get that far. Why not at least do the psychometric online or combine two of the three to one event?