PDA

View Full Version : Career change to the Defence Force?

Duck Pilot
28th Feb 2021, 11:46
Has anyone who has been stood down due to the COVID -19 disaster consisted joining the ADF?

I’m sure a few ex ADF personnel have probably gone back, however I’m interested to know if anyone with no previous ADF experience have decided to join up in a Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) role - not as a pilot.

I think the Airforce cut off age is 52, not sure about the Army and Navy.

If anyone has joined up, I’d be interested to know what role/position you have taken up and what your experiences were like in getting through the selection process, particularly for the older people. I know all about the recruit training once people are in, I’m only interested in the recruiting and selection process.

megan
1st Mar 2021, 05:55
What sort of position would you be looking at, or interested in?

Not in a position to offer advice, long departed.

extralite
1st Mar 2021, 07:53
With the sausage machine blocked at the outflow, you can bet there are a lot of pilots that would have moved on now staying in resulting in a lot of pilots being in non flying jobs. The sausage machine feed cant be slowed as quickly as needed.

finestkind
4th Mar 2021, 11:02
With the sausage machine blocked at the outflow, you can bet there are a lot of pilots that would have moved on now staying in resulting in a lot of pilots being in non flying jobs. The sausage machine feed cant be slowed as quickly as needed.

True it's reactive not proactive (without a crystal ball very hard to be so) so any implementation ends up being 180 out. By the time they are able to slow the intake down (as a number of courses have yet to start but been filled) they will probably be low on pilots. Unless of course they do something extraordinary and either cancel courses or reduce the numbers on a course..

Chronic Snoozer
5th Mar 2021, 01:56
True it's reactive not proactive (without a crystal ball very hard to be so) so any implementation ends up being 180 out. By the time they are able to slow the intake down (as a number of courses have yet to start but been filled) they will probably be low on pilots. Unless of course they do something extraordinary and either cancel courses or reduce the numbers on a course..
Been done before. How could they cancel 169 course!