PDA

View Full Version : JAR-FCL License

atheuma
22nd Feb 2021, 17:20
I am a holder of an obviously expired JAR-FCL License. My JAR-FCL license is a CPL ( expired 2018) with SEP ( expired 2012) MEP and MEIR ( both expired 2011).

I want to renew all my ratings but I have been told that conversion to PART-FCL was until 2018. As such there is no way to convert my license which means that my license is no longer recognized. This also means that I have to undergo all training since flight time training credit is 0. Been told this by 2 different member states.

This means for me to get a PPL with SEP I have to undergo theory, and 45 hrs of flight training :/ Is my license not even worthy of being recognized as an ICAO license at the very least ?

rudestuff
22nd Feb 2021, 18:43
Who said there was a deadline? You should be able to convert a JAR licence to EASA with a proficiency check...

IF you want an ICAO PPL an alternative solution would be to get an FAA PPL in as little as 3 hours.

https://www.pprune.org/private-flying/617391-renewing-expired-jar-ppl.html

paco
22nd Feb 2021, 19:03
Dunno if it helps, but:

Article 4(1) of Commission Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 refers to JAR compliant licences being deemed to be Part FCL licences. The legal definition of "JAR Compliant" licence is in Article 2, which refers to licences, ratings, certificates, authorisations and other qualifications issued or recognised by a State, reflecting "JAR and procedures".

atheuma
22nd Feb 2021, 19:16
Article 4 (1) gives a deadline of 2017 which was then extended to 2018.
copy paste

Existing national pilots’ licences

1. JAR-compliant licences issued or recognised by a Member State before 8 April 2012 shall be deemed to have been issued in accordance with this Regulation. Member States shall replace these licences with licences complying with the format laid down in Part-ARA by 8 April 2017 at the latest.

selfin
22nd Feb 2021, 22:51
atheuma

No JAR-FCL licence has ever been converted to a Part-FCL one. Only non–JAR-compliant licences are convertable under the Aircrew Regulation. In accordance with art 4(1) in the unamended regulation (quoted in the previous post), a JAR-FCL licence issued before 8 April 2012 shall have been deemed to have been a Part-FCL licence.

rudestuff
23rd Feb 2021, 06:20
"Member States shall replace these licences with licences complying with the format laid down in Part-ARA by 8 April 2017 at the latest.". ...if you want to carry on flying.
It doesn't say you can't have your JAR licence reissued as an EASA licence after that date. Only that JAR licence can't be used after that date. The whole thing is wide open to interpretation. This regulation says that you already HAVE an EASA licence. EASA licences so not have an expiry date, and the idea of replacing them by 8th April 2017 was clearly to avoid having "expiring" licences in circulation (that's the date the last one would expire)