PDA

View Full Version : UK Ferry Flying

BlueBaron949
19th Feb 2021, 18:29
I've got a ferry flight for a private owner, as far as I'm aware I can complete this flight Part NCO whilst still being paid using the privileges of my CPL.

Is this correct?

Hodin
20th Feb 2021, 07:22
If the aircraft is not complex, yes.

Miles Magister
22nd Feb 2021, 09:51
Provided that you meet all of the training requirements of Part NCO.

custardpsc
24th Feb 2021, 08:51
Complex in this case being defined as:

with a maximum certificated take-off mass exceeding 5,700kg, or
certificated for a maximum passenger seating configuration of more than 19, or
certificated for operation with a minimum crew of at least two pilots, or
equipped with (a) turbojet engine(s)

calypso
24th Feb 2021, 13:48
If you where to do a private ferry a complex aircraft, for example an A320. How would you go about it from a regs point of view?

Nightstop
24th Feb 2021, 16:36
I remember years ago flying with a B733 (Career) F/O who told me that, later that evening, he’d be ferrying privately a B734 down to Malta as P1 for “maintenance”. Not sure if he ever made it, or ended up in Tripoli.

Miles Magister
25th Feb 2021, 08:11
Calypso,

Even though it is NCO/NCC and not commercial there must still be an operator and the aircraft must be flown on NCO/NCC approvals with the correct navigation approvals and crew meeting all the training requirements as detailed in the regs such as RVSM, ACAS, cosmic radiation annual recurrent etc. The operator may fly the aircraft on a permit but the crew still need all the recurrent training certificates.

BizJetJock
25th Feb 2021, 14:36
MM - Not correct, actually
Article 6 paragraph 3(b) of the Cover Regulation states that ferry flight are derogated from the EASA regs, and are covered by National Regulations. Obviously since Jan 1st this is a bit circular, but effectively refers you back to the ANO. The ANO requires nothing for a non Public Transport flight in any class of aircraft beyond having an appropriate licence. Without an operator you can't have RVSM approvals or similar, but for a ferry within the UK that is unlikely to be an issue.

BlueBaron949
26th Feb 2021, 18:36
Thanks all.