PDA

View Full Version : BA flight stopped at LHR re-: child abduction

The AvgasDinosaur
14th Feb 2021, 12:53
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/heathrow-airport-child-abduction-b1801806.html

Good catch for the young girl concerned.

Herod
14th Feb 2021, 13:41
Good result. Well done

Pistonprop
14th Feb 2021, 13:56
Child abduction and he is released on bail?!! I just don't get it!

armagnac2010
14th Feb 2021, 14:39
Most probably a contentious international separation. Hague convention and so on.

oceancrosser
14th Feb 2021, 15:00
Might not necessarily be so. I do not know anything of this case, but I know well of a difficult international divorce case. :(
armagnac2010 is probably right.

DaveReidUK
14th Feb 2021, 15:20
"A 32-year-old man - who is known to the child - was taken off the plane and arrested" would suggest as much.

Airbanda
14th Feb 2021, 15:52
The vast majority of child abductions involve a non-custodial parent. Given the arrestee is 'known to the child' it's probably safe to conclude that's what happened here. The Family court will have placed restrictions on the man's movements. If he defies those he'll be straight to chokey without passing go.

The Official Solicitor in London has a significantly sized team of staff devoted to this sort of work.

Pistonprop
14th Feb 2021, 16:05
I did gather all along that it might be the child's father or a family member involved, I was simply surprised that, considering the seriousness of the matter, the offender was released on bail.

Easy Street
14th Feb 2021, 17:01
In this case I suspect that any rights he had to be alone with, or perhaps even see the child have been suspended until a full hearing. His name will be on a border control watch list so if he does try it again he won't get far. And he is hardly likely to abduct anyone else in the meantime. Given all that you'd have to ask what purpose would be served by pre-trial custody. The courts recognise the emotional distress suffered by all sides in family breakdowns and typically do their best not to compound it; offenders may well deserve prison but wherever possible that should be determined at trial.

Musket90
14th Feb 2021, 17:37
I heard the airline was Blue Air but maybe I'm wrong. Do BA fly to Bucharest at the moment ?

Deltasierra010
14th Feb 2021, 18:40
It could just as easily be the man was the custodial parent, the mother lied, and the truth could not be confirmed at the weekend

DaveReidUK
14th Feb 2021, 20:16
I heard the airline was Blue Air but maybe I'm wrong. Do BA fly to Bucharest at the moment ?

No, not a BA flight (the linked article doesn't actually say that) - it was the regular Friday evening 18:00 Blue Air 1432 to BUH.

The FR24 track shows the aircraft pushing back 10 minutes late, but there's no evidence of it returning to T2 before taking off from 09L at 18:23. I suspect the gentleman was actually removed before pushback.

Pistonprop
15th Feb 2021, 12:53
No, not a BA flight (the linked article doesn't actually say that) - it was the regular Friday evening 18:00 Blue Air 1432 to BUH.

The FR24 track shows the aircraft pushing back 10 minutes late, but there's no evidence of it returning to T2 before taking off from 09L at 18:23. I suspect the gentleman was actually removed before pushback.

Doesn't make as good a headline as "seconds before take-off" ;)