PDA

View Full Version : Renting plane, using FAA certificate in Europe

Average__Pilot
11th Feb 2021, 12:07
Greetings,
would you please confirm certain info - that does exist possibility in certain EU countries to pick and fly GA planes, holding FAA plastic,
"day only VFR" despite the class, without necessity of obtaining EASA medical and going through Validation process.
If IR needed as well - read, that exam should be taken before.
Have read about it recently, that such things took place under old JAA rules, if anything changed and if it is/ was true on top of it))?
If I am wrong - ADMIN please delete this thread.
If I am correct - please post useful info below in form of a list for convenience.
for Ex: Finland - local reg - day only VFR - good to go inside EU...
Greece SX reg Day VFR - good to go inside the country Only, etc.

Climb150
11th Feb 2021, 17:09
You have a non-European licence:If you hold an ICAO-compliant private pilot licence issued outside Europe, you can convert it to a European PPL. In order to do this, you will need to pass theory exams on air law and human performance as well as a skill test. Additionally, you need to have at least 100 hours as a pilot in the relevant aircraft category, hold a European medical certificate and have demonstrated language proficiency in the language to be used for radio communication.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/domains/general-aviation/licensing-general-aviation

Unless you can find an N registration aircraft to fly.

rudestuff
11th Feb 2021, 18:12
FAA day VFR - you don't see many of those! Did you take your test in Alaska?

Average__Pilot
12th Feb 2021, 07:12
))):rolleyes: as I wrote - possibly I am really mistaken and current rules are, that no way to fly, despite smone holds EASA cert.
I have questionable obsolete info, that certain EU countries do permit to fly using US docs despite if it is PP ot ATP and any ratings... you may fly only day vfr inside certain country airspace or whole EU depending on the certain state rules.
If it is not true/ bs/ obsolete etc. - better erase this thread...