PDA

View Full Version : Former DCA Buiding BN Apt

7th Feb 2021, 06:34
Does anyone know the present status of the building which I believe was a former radio building at Brisbane Airport..
Location is 27°24'50.0"S 153°05'15.3"E

Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/QaftLgoZuygw9ssJ7)

Marauder
7th Feb 2021, 06:50
This was the former Brisbane Area Approach Control Centre which served the BN FIR when most states had individual FIRs (WA, SA/NT, Vic/TAS, Qld, NSW)

I believe it was decommissioned in the early 90s when the transition to BN and ML Firs occurred, and the two super centres were created.

Dehavillanddriver
7th Feb 2021, 10:52
It’s full of asbestos and very expensive to remediate.

7th Feb 2021, 11:25
It’s full of asbestos and very expensive to remediate.
And the longer they leave it the costs will be greater..

glenb
7th Feb 2021, 22:07
I will refer to this document in more detail in an upcoming Post. The intention of posting now is to pre-empt the required "pending approval" process which I fully respect.

I will be referring to this correspondence in my finalized submission to the Ombudsman which will be finalized within 24 hours.

You will recall that with no warning I received the letter from CASA in Post 44 at Pprune.

I sent that letter within 24 hours. It's very significant, and as I say will be referred to later.

Cheers. Glen.

P.S. Mark, had a ripper family night out at Westfield. (that should mean something to one particular follower) thanks.

Chris2303
7th Feb 2021, 22:25
I will refer to this document in more detail in an upcoming Post. The intention of posting now is to pre-empt the required "pending approval" process which I fully respect.

I will be referring to this correspondence in my finalized submission to the Ombudsman which will be finalized within 24 hours.

You will recall that with no warning I received the letter from CASA in Post 44 at Pprune.

I sent that letter within 24 hours. It's very significant, and as I say will be referred to later.

Cheers. Glen.

P.S. Mark, had a ripper family night out at Westfield. (that should mean something to one particular follower) thanks.

Wrong thread I fear

7th Feb 2021, 23:12
Wrong thread I fear
Here I was hoping that all the asbestos had been cleared and the building was set up as a night club.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
8th Feb 2021, 09:05
If it was anything like the similar building in Melbourne, it would have had the AACC and the FSC on the top floor, and all the tech gear on the ground floor.

Dehavillanddriver
8th Feb 2021, 11:15
Yep..........

same same

8th Feb 2021, 11:49
Would anyone know of a position in AirServices who could be babysitting this building?
No names no pack drills, just a position.