PDA

View Full Version : Aurigny Air Services-3

Aero Mad
5th Feb 2021, 10:56
Intriguingly Teesside, Newcastle, Aberdeen and Belfast City have appeared in Aurigny's timetable section with Southampton listed as the destination. No flights appear to have been loaded. Likely just a glitch?

rhutch28
5th Feb 2021, 11:07
Are they part of the code share with Eastern airways https://www.business-live.co.uk/economic-development/eastern-airways-partners-guernseys-aurigny-19055329.amp

Jerbourg
5th Feb 2021, 18:14
Does the new MD see money to be made with routes other than GCI originating I wonder?

N707ZS
5th Feb 2021, 18:49
Southampton to Teesside is a dormant Eastern airlines route.

kcockayne
5th Feb 2021, 19:23
Jerbourg

Well, unless the States are going to continue bailing them out, ad infinitum, they are going to have to find some somewhere !

SealinkBF
6th Feb 2021, 18:13
Aero Mad

They are codesharing with Eastern, which may explain it.

guern123
19th Apr 2021, 19:08
This is a slightly different view of Aurigny, the staff and aircraft.

Jerusalema Dance Challenge, Aurigny, Guernsey's Airline - YouTube

Nuweiba
19th Apr 2021, 20:12
Love it ! I had suggested on Facebook to Aurigny a couple of weeks ago that they should try and do a Jerusalema and Jess Mauger replied to say they are on it !

kcockayne
19th Apr 2021, 21:23
Am I missing something ? Seems pretty pointless to me. More taxpayers’ money down the drain ?

Dorking
20th Apr 2021, 09:17
Oh wonderbold...Is this what passes for entertainment these days??..Nearly as daft as grown people pouring buckets of ice over each other...

commit aviation
20th Apr 2021, 09:40
Channel Islands’ carriers reveal post-Covid codeshare plan | Travel Weekly (https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/channel-islands-carriers-reveal-post-covid-codeshare-plan)

Interesting idea (...& maybe a cunning ploy to keep any resumption by FlyBe at bay?)

guern123
20th Apr 2021, 10:03
All done in house by their staff why the skies were closed

Nuweiba
20th Apr 2021, 17:02
kcockayne

Doubt if much extra expenditure was incurred. But, judging by the response on social media, the public's response has been very favourable.

Nuweiba
20th Apr 2021, 17:05
Another fiasco ! We saw that with the Jersey route code-share. Dumped, lets be frank, because BI had a new JV with Flybe.

Aurigny must get a deal struck with BA ! That will improve greatly the island's connectivity. And now is the best time to get a deal done ! Failing that, they why not with KLM/AF as Southampton has the KLM connection now.

kcockayne
20th Apr 2021, 17:41
Fair enough, if that’s what the staff want to do - & it is good to see them having some pride & support for the airline - but it does nothing for me. However, it’s not me who they’ve got to impress.

Aero Mad
29th Jun 2021, 14:30
Aurigny to provide a Dornier to ZeroAvia. Anyone know if this is the fate of G-SAYE? https://www.flightglobal.com/aerospace/zeroavia-obtains-dornier-228s-for-19-seat-hydrogen-electric-demonstration/144365.article

In other news, a route to Mallorca is being mulled for Sundays in August.

kcockayne
29th Jun 2021, 16:09
What about the proposed trial of the ATR on the Alderney routes - is this really going to happen ?

stewyb
29th Jun 2021, 18:46
Can the ATR operate off Alderney’s runway?

kcockayne
29th Jun 2021, 20:14
It was mentioned on the Channel TV news yesterday, but I may not have taken it all in correctly. Maybe they will trial the ATR IF the States approve a runway extension at Alderney. The way I thought I heard it was that AUR management were saying that they would consider the trial ( no mention of R/W extension).

Aero Mad
30th Jun 2021, 00:05
Thou hath got thyself into a bit of a muddle.

The runways can’t handle ATR 72s. From a length perspective an ATR 42 (possibly with the additional thrust package) well below MTOW could use the runway but the runway and apron are insufficient in terms of strength and I imagine width.

Aurigny is supporting the Ports of Guernsey and in the next couple of weeks as part of the study an ATR will make some low-level approaches into Alderney without landing.

Mr Bezuidenhout continued: “Although this work does not necessarily mean the runway will be extended, it is important work to ensure the right fix for the future of Alderney services by weighing up the cost and benefit of the various options.”

Aurigny is committed to regular daily return services between Guernsey and Alderney and Alderney and Southampton whatever the outcome of the study and any future aircraft. The service levels between the island are and will continue to be based on demand and will seasonally fluctuate.

Deputy Peter Roffey noted: “Ensuring service delivery that enable economic development and social wellbeing is critical in every society. Through the PSO we have secured services today, whilst keeping an eye on future-proofing infrastructure to be fit-for-purpose for delivery into the future.”

Bill Abel, Chairman of Alderney’s Policy & Finance Committee, said: "The planned test approaches show the thoroughness that is being applied to the evaluation of the proposed extension of the runway to accommodate the use of ATRs and we look forward to the completion of this important report later this year.” Ends

The idea will be to look at the ATR’s tolerance for Alderney from an operational point of view, ie wind-shear over the cliffs on approach to runway 08, etc.

kcockayne
30th Jun 2021, 06:32
Thanks for enlightening me. It’s sometimes noisy in our house, & I thought that maybe I’d got it wrong. Interesting development, though. If AUR were ever to use ATRs, frequency of service would drop rather dramatically !

KindaUnstuck
30th Jun 2021, 16:53
Guernsey - Dublin announced from March 29 2022 twice per week on Tuesdays and Thursdays although the email they sent says they could look at starting it earlier depending on travel restrictions

Alteagod
30th Jun 2021, 19:38
I hope BHD is next

egcntristar
1st Jul 2021, 07:27
Looking forward to travelling back on business this month :ok:

From today (1 July), fully vaccinated people travelling into Guernsey from the UK, Jersey, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland will be exempt from all testing and isolation requirements.But 12 to 17-year-olds travelling with them will have to test on arrival and self-isolate until they receive a negative result.

Tests cost £25 each and results are known within 48 hours.

Those who have not been double-jabbed at least a fortnight before travelling will still have to test and isolate depending on where they have travelled from.

Rivet Joint
6th Jul 2021, 19:13
Any idea why BI are operating some of their daily SOU routes now? I assume it’s something to do with them working together but still really odd considering their own much newer ATRs aren’t exactly being used much. Such a strange airline.

Jerbourg
6th Jul 2021, 19:42
Blue have no flights for sale on their own website for this month at all, strange considering they have to codeshare in place & are flying the route.

Rivet Joint
9th Jul 2021, 11:54
Does not appear to be any news on what’s going on. Surely it would make sense for GR to do the Guernsey routes and Blue Islands to do the Jersey ones. GR’s ATRs seem to be doing max one flight a day and often none at all. Why would they be happy for BI to be operating their flights for them when their own aircraft are hardly being used? Not sure how they can have such mindless management.

Aero Mad
15th Jul 2021, 12:56
Aero Mad

Looks like it will indeed be G-SAYE being sold to ZeroAvia.

TCAS FAN
17th Oct 2021, 17:04
Was the EVS (enhanced vision system) reported on Aurigny-2. back in December 2018 ever certified on the new ATRs? If it was what has been the impact on CAT 1 minima?

Jerbourg
18th Oct 2021, 15:05
Codes shares to be announced soon it seems, my bet is BA & EK for starters..

"Exciting code shares" to be concluded imminently | Bailiwick Express (https://gsy.bailiwickexpress.com/gsy/news/exciting-code-shares-be-announced-imminently/)

KindaUnstuck
8th Nov 2021, 19:59
Most of the Summer 2022 schedule has been released, not looked in depth yet as to how it all pieces together but:

Birmingham x8 weekly (double daily on Thursday)
Bristol x6 weekly (no Wednesdays)
Dublin has been upgraded to x3 weekly with a Saturday flight alonside the Tuesday and Thursday flights.
East Midlands - x4 Weekly (Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday)
Exeter - x7 weekly (x2 on Wednesdays, no flights on Saturdays
Gatwick - x6 daily on weekdays, x5 daily at weekends, 602/603 & 604/605 and also 606/607 & 608/609 are timed within 60 minutes of each other to allow for Southampton (start) and Exeter (end of the day) flights but capacity-wise that is offset with the Embraer getting used elsewhere for part of the week.
Leeds/ Bradford is still x2 weekly but the flights are now Monday and Saturday.
Malaga - Wednesdays Mid-July to Mid-September on the Embraer
Manchester reduced to x10 weekly - Monday-Thursday is reduced to just a daily flight, but operated by the Embraer (apart from the Wednesdays its doing Malaga).

Southampton is still to be added in (will continue to be a code share with Blue Islands) and presume we will have to wait to see if Norwich and Stansted return - no mention of either so far but wonder if Norwich will replace the 602/603 on Sundays like it used to do.

BA318
24th Nov 2021, 12:44
Aurigny, Loganair and Blue Islands announce a partnership. Quite wide ranging from codeshares through to joint purchasing.

https://www.blueislands.com/news/posts/2021/november/new-partnership-brings-boost-for-uk-regional-air-connectivity/

wanna
24th Nov 2021, 13:07
Its great to see Aurigny and Blue Islands working together constructively. All three have niche markets and both LM and Aurigny have very strong brands / reputations within their local communities and Blue Islands is evidently trying to build those ties in Jersey. The three of them working together will no doubt make a comeback by Flybe a little more tricky, and possibly less viable. Interesting to see Eastern are left alone, plodding along.

SWBKCB
24th Nov 2021, 17:20
Didn't Aurigny agree a code share deal with Eastern?

wanna
24th Nov 2021, 17:42
Evidently GR saw sense and joined the forward thinking, cautious duo rather than sticking it out with T3 who seem to come up with the oddest ideas and give it a go..... The partnership will no doubt benefit all the regions but could well really contribute to GR limiting loses and hopefully attracting more people to Guernsey / making it easier for Guernsey locals to travel.

Jerbourg
24th Nov 2021, 18:24
Eastern have appointed Aurigny as their ground handling agent at LGW for the upcoming NQY service.

A Scillies Skybus Twin Otter arrived at GCI today & has been operating the ACI route.

TRENT210
24th Nov 2021, 20:23
yeah they’ve got a standby contract until Christmas to cover tech issues and scheduled maintenance on the Dornier

kar42
20th Dec 2021, 12:55
I see that G-OGFC is currently on its way GCI-IOM. Last week it did this then on to Inverness before returning to GCI. Can anyone explain what this about?

bean
20th Dec 2021, 13:48
Probably a charter

euromanxdude
20th Dec 2021, 14:21
Yeah a golf charter i believe from the IOM-INV. Tickets sold on the GCI-IOM & IOM-GCI sectors

KindaUnstuck
20th Dec 2021, 15:14
The INV - GCI and GCI - INV sectors were also sold for £49 each way including baggage which I think quite a few people took advantage of to come down to Guernsey for the weekend, either for a weekend break (weather was cold but not too bad) or to see family.

bmaviscount
12th Jan 2022, 18:13
Whats happened to the SOU ACI route
only has 2 flights a day in the summer

Will they be planning on more?

Nuweiba
13th Jan 2022, 09:08
Codes shares to be announced soon it seems, my bet is BA & EK for starters..

"Exciting code shares" to be concluded imminently | Bailiwick Express (https://gsy.bailiwickexpress.com/gsy/news/exciting-code-shares-be-announced-imminently/)

Almost three months have passed and am still waiting for exciting news on this story... I don't consider Eastern Airways, Blue Islands and Loganair to be major global airlines and none of the three excite me ! :-)

bmaviscount
20th Feb 2022, 21:16
Anyone know what caused the diversion from Manchester to Liverpool this evening?

techair
20th Feb 2022, 21:22
High wind gusts @ MAN caused g/a, a/c then squawked 7700 and diverted to LPL.

DP.
21st Feb 2022, 10:45
Anyone know what caused the diversion from Manchester to Liverpool this evening?

Just to echo techair's post - there were 45kt gusts at MAN last night. I was quite surprised GR670 made it in this morning with the weather we've had.

chaps1954
21st Feb 2022, 10:59
Yes quite an interesting approach as they pass over our house

ICEHOUSES
21st Feb 2022, 11:00
Just to echo techair's post - there were 45kt gusts at MAN last night. I was quite surprised GR670 made it in this morning with the weather we've had.
I’m not surprised they made it in, Aurigny crews are used to these sort of winds on a almost weekly basis down in the Channel Islands.

Nuweiba
21st Feb 2022, 11:17
Supposedly de-icers malfunction causing ice build up. Source though Facebook ( from a passenger on board )

DP.
21st Feb 2022, 12:54
I’m not surprised they made it in, Aurigny crews are used to these sort of winds on a almost weekly basis down in the Channel Islands.

I know what the CI weather can be like! My surprise was that they managed it after the divert last night, as the wind was even worse this morning, but I suppose every day is different.

KindaUnstuck
19th Mar 2022, 18:34
A few bits of info coming out in the local media the past few days, however will reserve judgement on how correct the finer points are from what the media has written as haven't seen the presentation that Aurigny did...

Outcome of whether the Embraer stays is likely to be known in the next few months
If the Embraer goes then it was suggested Aurigny would want up to 9 slot pairs in total at LGW.
X2 additional ATR72-600s leased (not sure if this was to replace just the Embraer or the Embraer and Dorniers if the Alderney runway extension happens as different media are saying different things
Agreements with Emirates and British Airways incoming.
The airline has been looking at LCY again (presume this links to a BA codeshare) but would prefer to only use Gatwick for London/ South-East flying

KindaUnstuck
26th Mar 2022, 09:31
Noticed on the Start of Season Summer 2022 slot report for Heathrow that Aurigny are down as having enough slots for x2 daily return flights on the Embraer, using Terminal 2.

On the basis that they see Gatwick as their London airport and they have their schedules filled for the summer I guess they will remain as unused.

wanna
29th Mar 2022, 08:11
Both Aurigny and Blue Islands seem to (from local media / social media posts) have issues with their new routes to/from Dublin from the channel islands. Apparently to do with Brexit issues / operating licences. GR have a temporary licence until first week of April according to facebook posts, whilst Blue Islands weren't granted a temporary. Both flights appear to be operating / will operate into Belfast.

Wycombe
29th Mar 2022, 16:29
GR have a temporary licence until first week of April according to facebook posts

GR687 currently in the air between DUB and GCI

KindaUnstuck
29th Mar 2022, 17:11
The first flight affected is the 12 April as it stands. I'm due to travel on 14th so hoping it gets resolved but all flights from the 12th for the rest of April are being sold as a flight to Belfast with bus transfer - travel time 4 hour 30 minutes.

If they have to fly to Belfast then the aircraft will sit on the ground for a few hours as the bus departure time from Dublin is pretty much in line with when the flight would be due to leave.

​​​​​​​The email from Aurigny says another temporary permit will not be issued, so it's full permit or nothing.

KindaUnstuck
8th Apr 2022, 14:00
Belfast flights starting from Tuesday in place of Dublin, with a revised timetable most days (9.45am departure from GCI, arrived back at 20.55) with the aircraft on the ground for most of the day as the issue is still going on.

From what someone told me, the Brexit agreement makes no allowances for unrestricted flights between the Channel Islands and Rep. of Ireland for none European airlines so Aurigny and Blue Islands can't do anything until the Irish government change the scheme and issue permits.

The Emerald service from DUB to JER is not affected.

Jerbourg
13th Apr 2022, 19:18
All ACI flights cancelled today, initially die to 'hole' in the runway & latterly due to technical issues with the 228.
I say the 228 as only one has been in service since the end of January - G-ETAC hasn't flown since 29 Jan 2022!!

bmaviscount
18th Apr 2022, 06:03
Shocking All ACI flights down on Easter weekend due to Both Dorniers down with tech issues

Feel sorry for the hoteliers!

Was this a chance for Air Alderney?

BA318
18th Apr 2022, 06:18
What is the problem with the Dornier? Aren’t they relatively new? If these types of planes can operate reliably somewhere like Nepal why can’t they operate reliably here?

Tim Finding
18th Apr 2022, 07:28
Seems as if ETAC is now serviceable! Anyone know why it hasn’t flown since January, the annual not being due until Sept.?

Jerbourg
18th Apr 2022, 17:23
BBC radio reported this morning that G-ETAC would be back in service today, however FR24 shows otherwise (if it's correct).

The last ACI-GCI flight is currently showing as delayed so maybe G-OAUR is 'playing up' again.

Donkeygone
23rd Apr 2022, 18:15
was there really no way to use Air Alderney to redeem this fiasco?

jmdavies86
23rd Apr 2022, 20:29
I believe Air Alderney were already committed with their own private charters on the day(s) when the disruption occurred, hence why they couldn't help out.

EDIT: Just seen this post on Air Alderney's Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AirAlderneyLimited/) page:

Air Alderney Statement - Easter 2022

You would fully expect Air Alderney to be making much of the Easter weekends disruption, indeed many have stated ‘where are you Air Alderney’. In reply to these comments and others, we simply wish to make the following statement.

Air Alderney offered an aircraft on two occasions (Thursday and Good Friday) as it become clear the problem was not going to be rectified as soon as hoped. Our aircraft was flying to and from Alderney on charter commitments however, between these commitments our aircraft was available. We estimate around 70 + people per day could have been flown in and out of Alderney to Guernsey, that’s around 280 + people over the four days by our aircraft. The reports by the BBC and comments which state ‘no aircraft where available which can land on Alderney’s runway’ are not correct, one was available, and it managed to fly in and out of Alderney without any problems.

With all the disruption this Easter weekend with cancelled flights on Alderney's scheduled services, it’s not surprising to see one of Alderney States member (Mr Snowden) asking for a 'rethink on how air services are delivered to Alderney'. Unsurprisingly to many of you, Air Alderney welcomes such comments however, it’s difficult to see any of the proposals Mr Snowden has raised delivering a solution anytime soon. (Airport rebuild 5-7 years, or additional aircraft, the last ones cost £6M ) We all expect our politician’s to comment at such times but, Alderney needs States members which can suggest and deliver answers now, not in years to come…. The truth is the problems of this weekend could have been significantly reduced if there was ‘resilience’ within Alderneys Air Services. The good news is, this is available to Alderney now and could be operating within days without rebuilding the airport, a single shovel breaking ground or more expensive unaffordable aircraft being purchased. While Alderney burns its elected representatives are pointing finger at others whilst preventing an immediate solution.

Air Alderney will be giving its view on the airport options which have been presented to date including, one or two of its own very soon.

Donkeygone
24th Apr 2022, 12:11
Indeed. Hence my question really. What's the real story here?

Rivet Joint
24th Apr 2022, 21:17
I believe Air Alderney were already committed with their own private charters on the day(s) when the disruption occurred, hence why they couldn't help out.

EDIT: Just seen this post on Air Alderney's Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AirAlderneyLimited/) page:

Seems a very unprofessional article to put out in my personal opinion. I appreciate Aurigny seem to always have issues but having two aircraft for essentially one route seems excessive as it is. Are people really suggesting that a loss making airline should have three aircraft for one route?

The fact they are talking about extending the runway to accommodate an ATR with 70 odd seats when the dornier with 19 seats is rarely full is even more mad. I don’t live on the island so maybe I am missing something, but surely a boat service to Guernsey and then flights from there would be a more sensible long term solution?

Wycombe
25th Apr 2022, 08:25
I appreciate Aurigny seem to always have issues but having two aircraft for essentially one route seems excessive as it is.

There are 2 routes for the Dorniers aren't there - SOU ACI and ACI GCI?

Nevertheless, seems like poor performance from AUR

Rivet Joint
25th Apr 2022, 11:25
There are 2 routes for the Dorniers aren't there - SOU ACI and ACI GCI?

Nevertheless, seems like poor performance from AUR

True, but it essentially operates as a loop.

Aero Mad
25th Apr 2022, 11:51
Aurigny put out this statement about the cancellations last week. statement

Disruption to Alderney Services
Aurigny would like to apologise to its customers and all others who have been inconvenienced by the cancellation of Alderney flights over the past few days. Aurigny has two Dornier aircraft dedicated to providing services to and from Alderney and over the past four days neither of them has been continuously available for service due to technical problems. This is highly unusual and has come about for the following reasons:

One of our two Dornier aircraft has been undergoing its mandatory annual maintenance for several weeks and it should have returned to regular service two weeks ago. However a small number of components needed to be replaced and unfortunately the manufacturer of the aircraft, General Atomics, did not have any of the required parts in stock and had to manufacture them. After waiting for the manufacturing, the parts were delivered to us at which point we realised that General Atomics had manufactured the wrong parts. We are now waiting for the correct parts to be manufactured and in the meantime the aircraft remains in our hangar in an unserviceable condition. When the correct parts are received the aircraft will quickly be returned to service which we expect to be on 28th April.

Last Wednesday our second Dornier aircraft developed a technical problem with one of its essential avionics systems. We identified the faulty component and checked to see if we could take the same component from the aircraft in the hangar and use that whilst we waited for the replacement part to arrive. Unfortunately, the component on the aircraft in the hangar was a different part number and General Atomics advised us that we could not use it on the other aircraft. General Atomics did not have the component we needed in stock, so we ordered one from the supplier in the USA. The part was shipped using FedEx as they were the only courier company that the part supplier would use. The part has arrived in the UK, but FedEx is now closed until Monday morning, the part will arrive with us on Monday afternoon. Last Thursday General Atomics changed their minds and advised us that we could use the component from our aircraft in the hangar, but that it would have to have a number of software settings changed to make it compatible. With the guidance of General Atomics, we made the required settings changes and fitted the component to the other aircraft, and it was taken on a test flight on Friday morning and declared serviceable. Due to the foggy conditions on Friday afternoon the aircraft was not used until Saturday morning when after operating the first flight of the day a similar technical problem returned. After further discussion with General Atomics we are making further changes to software settings and conducting further test flying to ensure that we can return the aircraft to passenger services at the earliest possible opportunity.

We have learned from these events. The avionics component that failed on the second aircraft has not failed previously on either of our aircraft in the 5 years we have been operating this variant of the Dornier 228. Given the $50,000 cost of this component and its history of good reliability it is not something that we would routinely stock in our parts inventory. However we could all but remove the impact of any future failure of this component or its equivalent on the other aircraft if we harmonised the systems on both aircraft. We will now work with General Atomics to explore that possibility. We will also discuss all of these events with General Atomics with a view to them providing a better level of support for our operations including access to a wider range of “off the shelf” components from their own stock inventory. It is important to note that there are very few Dornier aircraft of the type used for the Alderney commercial service elsewhere in the world. Regrettably this limits the availability of parts and the level of support from the manufacturer.

We know and understand that our customers rely on us to get them to and from Alderney. We will continue to work hard to ensure that our customers can travel. Over the past few days, we have tried to charter in alternative aircraft to replace our own but found there were none available, in part due to the limitations of the Alderney runway, we have tried to charter in ferries and also found there were none available. We have managed to charter a number of small boats of 12 seats or less and by using several of these we have managed to keep customers moving. We recognise that this is not the level of service expected of Aurigny and we apologise again for this.

It's not really true to say that the Dorniers 'always' have problems; there hasn't been any significant period of cancellations for three years. There has been a marked improvement in performance in recent years (see punctuality figures (https://www.aurigny.com/information/aurigny-punctuality)). Two aircraft for 70ish movements per week is the very minimum that may be required to provide sufficient service, and as has just been seen, even that was too few. The States of Guernsey's States' Trading Supervisory Board (STSB), which oversees Aurigny, had the option either to order three (instead of two) 228NGs, or to continue (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-50321959) with three planes (2x NGs and 1x classic) to avoid situations such as the one which occurred last week, but rejected them as being too expensive.

As to the pros and cons of a runway extension at Alderney, best to review posts and comment on this thread: https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/212182-alderney-13.html

KindaUnstuck
11th May 2022, 18:34
Dublin back from 17 May, permit now issued by the Irish authorities.

(Blue Islands JER-DUB begins on 19 May)

Alteagod
12th May 2022, 15:04
Another opportunity missed by BCA. BHD would have done well from either GCI or JER.

Egda
13th May 2022, 10:25
I don't believe either Aurigny or Blue Island are interested in Belfast as Aurigny said that if they did not get the licence for Dublin, they would stop. Dublin has the appeal of Ireland, Republic and North and the gateway to the USA with customs clearance before you fly

N123JB
15th May 2022, 14:56
Another opportunity missed by BCA. BHD would have done well from either GCI or JER.
Would it? EZY already operates BFS-JER.

KindaUnstuck
29th Jun 2022, 18:33
Survey gone out today asking which other London Airport would customers want access to twice per day to complement the Gatwick service.

Heathrow is not an option but the other 4 London Airports are all on there so presume their meeting with Gatwick Airport to try and get more slots hasn't been successful

EI-BUD
8th Jul 2022, 03:07
Survey gone out today asking which other London Airport would customers want access to twice per day to complement the Gatwick service.

Heathrow is not an option but the other 4 London Airports are all on there so presume their meeting with Gatwick Airport to try and get more slots hasn't been successful

Given the airport chaos, queues and crowds, Southend could be a great option and assuming the demand for such a service would originate in its home market, it might have a captive audience who could be educated about the ease of using SEN. Mightn't be easy to get slots at peak times at any other London Airport.

SKOJB
8th Jul 2022, 06:40
Given the airport chaos, queues and crowds, Southend could be a great option and assuming the demand for such a service would originate in its home market, it might have a captive audience who could be educated about the ease of using SEN. Mightn't be easy to get slots at peak times at any other London Airport.

I’d give that service about 6 months before removal!

AirportPlanner1
8th Jul 2022, 09:17
I’d give that service about 6 months before removal!

If it were morning and evening it would probably do just fine at SEN although I’d have thought them returning to LCY would be more likely.

The previous midday SEN-GCI I think went OK certainly in the summer, and JER did well with EZY. It was their only London route for a while, and in 2020 there was supposed to be competition with BE joining in. The morning inbound/evening outbound would suit those heading into London and the reverse would suit Essex’s large army of leisure travellers.

KindaUnstuck
8th Jul 2022, 10:15
Depending on slots STN or LCY make most sense in terms of restarting previous Aurigny routes that had a customer base... if the new interline agreement with BA includes BA CityFlyer then LCY seems the more obvious one as a continuation of the existing seasonal BA service.

SEN / STN probably have the least crossover in terms of taking passengers away from any other existing Aurigny route.

Apparently LHR is not totally shut down but would require government support (and slots).

Don't know if this would mean a cut to existing routes, greater use of the third ATR or an extra aircraft being brought in (if the Embraer stays it is likely it will be chartered out more and be used less on the LGW route according to what was in the local paper a while back - decision due over the summer).

five zero by ortac
13th Jul 2022, 14:53
What's wrong with G-ETAC? Been stuck at SOU since the 11th.

Egda
22nd Jul 2022, 08:33
Aurigny have announced a modest profit of £170,000, their first in 15 years and at the same time following their interlining agreement with BA at the start of the month, they have announced a similar one with Emirates.

https://www.islandfm.com/news/guernsey/aurigny-returns-first-profit-since-2007/?fbclid=IwAR0gq5dSqJc_XiDA65-2qrXlHgJcexIvlphwRfIry-YCGlwT2QO6f-dS9nI

https://guernseypress.com/news/travel/2022/07/22/aurigny-returns-first-spring-profit-in-decade/

At last the new management appear to be doing some good

CabinCrewe
12th Aug 2022, 11:48
Guernsey-Scotland flights to land at Glasgow not Edinburgh https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-guernsey-62517319

Seems a curious arrangement for this short lived series of peak flights?

KindaUnstuck
12th Aug 2022, 12:18
I am booked on the outbound on 26/08, I got the email yesterday morning basically saying that although the airline had the slots agreed months ago, Edinburgh are capping the number of flights and asking the 3 handling agents to not take any extra work on.

As Aurigny are not a normal visitor to Edinburgh, they were told their summer flights were getting chopped (no mention of the winter ones).

Passengers will have to make their own plans for onwards travel to/ from Glasgow - bit of a pain for some but not the end of the world.

CabinCrewe
12th Aug 2022, 13:23
Maybe they’d switch you to BACF service?

KindaUnstuck
12th Aug 2022, 14:29
Maybe they’d switch you to BACF service?

I was heading for Ayr for the first few days anyway so it's not a problem for me and car hire was so expensive from Edinburgh so it's worked in my favour if anything as I'm not taking the return flight on the Monday.

As with Belfast when Dublin was suspended, there will be a certain percentage of people who gain from it - it's great to have Aurigny trying these things for us locals. I imagine some will ask for a refund (the options given were fly to Glasgow or get a full refund) but most will still travel.

bmaviscount
12th Aug 2022, 16:36
Yes I wonder if the BACF service will persist.

BA seem to be the only ‘service’ airline operating into Guernsey at the moment albeit infrequently !

CabinCrewe
12th Aug 2022, 17:53
Were Loganair operating?

Jerbourg
13th Aug 2022, 06:27
Were Loganair operating?

Loganair haven't operated to GCI since 2019 & I think I'm correct in saying that BACF finish their limited season at the end of August.

CabinCrewe
13th Aug 2022, 11:43
Loganair haven't operated to GCI since 2019 & I think I'm correct in saying that BACF finish their limited season at the end of August.
Aah yes, I see the Loganair advertised route is actually a transfer at SOU.

KindaUnstuck
13th Aug 2022, 11:54

I think LCY stops around the 2 or 5 September (Can't remember which one) and then EDI is a few weeks later.

Will be interesting to see what happens next year, as if the Aurigny Embraer does go, then I could see LCY being the additional London route they have mentioned and then EDI being introduced a few times per week alongside an increase in Dublin etc to fill the time of the second additional ATR

KindaUnstuck
13th Nov 2022, 22:34
Lots of extra slots applied for and offered judging by the latest ACL reports - although how many will be used is another matter.

Additional Slots awarded at DUB, BRS, BHX, MAN and one additional weekly at LGW.

36 slots (18 pairs) awarded at both STN and LCY - the LCY report says Aurigny intends to (re)introduce a route to Guernsey so I presume STN was the backup maybe?

(BA down for a small number of slots for LCY - GCI also based on the report).

Rivet Joint
10th Dec 2022, 16:04
Anyone know why the SOU - ACI flights keep being cancelled especially when the Dorniers still seem to be operating the ACI - GCI flights? Such an odd airline.

NewquayJacob
10th Dec 2022, 21:51
Anyone know why the SOU - ACI flights keep being cancelled especially when the Dorniers still seem to be operating the ACI - GCI flights? Such an odd airline.

Most likely to do with the weather in Southampton today, as I far as can I tell the flights were on time in the days leading up to it…

Rivet Joint
12th Dec 2022, 10:26
Most likely to do with the weather in Southampton today, as I far as can I tell the flights were on time in the days leading up to it…

Maybe but other flights were landing including from Air Alderney on an ancient Islander.

Aero Mad
12th Dec 2022, 10:55

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/gr502
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/gr506​​ (https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/gr506)

One cancellation in the last week - not sure I follow?

LateFinals
15th Dec 2022, 12:23
I was booked on the cancelled SOU-ACI flight last week. Delays earlier in the day due to freezing fog and needing to de-ice the runway and taxi-ways, led to an expected delay in departure, fair enough.

We were subsequently advised informally the flight was later cancelled by ops "to avoid delaying later flights". Sadly this seems to happen more often than it used to causing huge inconvenience to Alderney travellers, although Aurigny of course would deny this. Trying to run a schedule with minimal aircraft and offering a medevac service in addition make life frustrating for pilots, ground-staff and passengers.

jmdavies86
17th Dec 2022, 19:13
ACI is now due to get a longer runway that'll accommodate up to ATR72 aircraft...

https://www.islandfm.com/news/guernsey/alderney-to-get-longer-runway/

kcockayne
17th Dec 2022, 20:25
ACI is now due to get a longer runway that'll accommodate up to ATR72 aircraft...

https://www.islandfm.com/news/guernsey/alderney-to-get-longer-runway/
Don't know how they are going to fill 'em, however.

globetrotter79
18th Dec 2022, 12:38
Don't know how they are going to fill 'em, however.
I don't think it matters about filling them - key is (bearing in mind requirement to cut the Guernsey to Alderney 'PSO' subsidy by about half) to operate more cost effectively by allowing GR to move towards a simpler fleet composition, more cost effective crew establishment/training etc.
Pretty much the same as Emerald on Dublin to Donegal which is also unlikely to get high load factors since move to ATR72 operations, but is more cost effective for the carrier.
I believe carriers generally refer to such ops as "intelligently misusing" aircraft.

kcockayne
18th Dec 2022, 19:40
I don't think it matters about filling them - key is (bearing in mind requirement to cut the Guernsey to Alderney 'PSO' subsidy by about half) to operate more cost effectively by allowing GR to move towards a simpler fleet composition, more cost effective crew establishment/training etc.
Pretty much the same as Emerald on Dublin to Donegal which is also unlikely to get high load factors since move to ATR72 operations, but is more cost effective for the carrier.
I believe carriers generally refer to such ops as "intelligently misusing" aircraft.
Thanks for the explanation, which is very useful. However, my comment is more addressed to the Alderney expectation of frequent & cheap flights to more than the present two destinations. My contention is that this will be very far from the case if ATRs are operating the services - due to their size ie one ATR = three & a half Doerniers. Seems to me that this would mean one Southampton flight per day (if that) & one Guernsey.

KindaUnstuck
21st Mar 2023, 17:25
Looks like a bit of a disasterous day for Aurigny.

The Embraer is still grounded due to a bird strike without an engine cowling and Titan were not available today so they chartered in a Blue Islands ATR to run an extra Gatwick rotation.

Meanwhile, G-OATR is in Germany on annual maintenance, and now G-OGFC appeas to have broken down in Birmingham so this afternoon's GR642/3 - GCI-EXT-BRS-GCI on G-ORAI appears to be operating GCI-BHX-EXT-BRS-GCI instead. GCI-MAN is cancelled and there are still at least 2 GCI-LGW rotations to do.

In Dornier land there has been a medical emergency in Alderney so as G-ETAC has not flown since January, they have pulled G-OAUR off her schedule to do a medical charter flight from ACI-GCI so the whole Dornier schedule is delayed too.

Gurnard
21st Mar 2023, 22:02
Thanks for that. Pax often remark that Aurigny do more for them than other airlines would, and I know that to be true - at least some of the time. However the ACI situation is unsatisfactory with just one Dornier available to cover all schedules as well as medical emergencies. What happens if that a/c now becomes sick? Aurigny will be in a mess. Ah, well.... When the airfield and runway have been upgraded there will be an ATR72 available for medical emergencies. :ok:

Skipness One Foxtrot
21st Mar 2023, 23:03
Has G-ETAC been wfu?

Nuweiba
22nd Mar 2023, 08:16
Ah, well.... When the airfield and runway have been upgraded there will be an ATR72 available for medical emergencies. :ok:

Not unless they lease them from Blue Islands ! :)

Nuweiba
23rd Mar 2023, 14:29
So, now Aurigny has no Dornier in operation... just in this afternoon....

ALDERNEY DISRUPTION - 23/03/2023
Our Dornier has suffered a technical issue in the form of a flat tyre at Southampton earlier this morning upon arrival of flight GR501. We are working hard to transport an engineer across to Southampton as soon as possible in order to minimalise disruption.
Unfortunately, due to Alderney's restricted hours, we have been unable to secure an extension to the hours of operation tonight. In addition, our second Dornier is currently under maintenance as we prepare for the busy summer season schedule.

Since over a year they always seem to have one of the aircraft "under maintenance"

KindaUnstuck
23rd Mar 2023, 21:56
So, now Aurigny has no Dornier in operation... just in this afternoon....

ALDERNEY DISRUPTION - 23/03/2023
Our Dornier has suffered a technical issue in the form of a flat tyre at Southampton earlier this morning upon arrival of flight GR501. We are working hard to transport an engineer across to Southampton as soon as possible in order to minimalise disruption.
Unfortunately, due to Alderney's restricted hours, we have been unable to secure an extension to the hours of operation tonight. In addition, our second Dornier is currently under maintenance as we prepare for the busy summer season schedule.

Since over a year they always seem to have one of the aircraft "under maintenance"

It's been under maintenance for 2 months now - could it have been done faster than that?

I believe the issues with G-ORAI at BHX the other day was due to a tyre also.

G-OGFC also spent several hours on the ground at GCI this afternoon resulting in the outbound Birmingham being delayed 2 hours, and then the turnaround in Birmingham took 90 minutes rather than 30 losing them another hour... the 7:20pm Gatwick flight is now due in at 10:30pm as a knock-on from that.

On the plus side the Embraer has been back since yesterday, so hopefully things will settle down with the summer timetable starting this weekend, I guess they are still a little vulnerable on teh GCI - UK runs until G-OATR is back.

Gurnard
25th Mar 2023, 20:45
Has G-ETAC been wfu?
It must have heard you! Back in service yesterday - 24th.

ICEHOUSES
26th Mar 2023, 13:54
What’s happening now with the embraer 195 long term in the fleet does anybody know if it’s being kept or not?

bmaviscount
11th Apr 2023, 22:31
Last year, Aurigny were rumoured to be adding another London base. They even sent a questionnaire out about it asking for the people’s favourite

I don’t think it ever emerged

The departure board from GCI must be the blandest ever; all Aurigny bar a few Blue Islands

Just loads of LGW, no LCY, LTN , STN or SEN

Even Flybe tried LHR

Anyone have any inside information as to whether this situation ‘is it’ as far as 2023 is concerned?

KindaUnstuck
12th Apr 2023, 08:01
Last year, Aurigny were rumoured to be adding another London base. They even sent a questionnaire out about it asking for the people’s favourite

I don’t think it ever emerged

The departure board from GCI must be the blandest ever; all Aurigny bar a few Blue Islands

Just loads of LGW, no LCY, LTN , STN or SEN

Even Flybe tried LHR

Anyone have any inside information as to whether this situation ‘is it’ as far as 2023 is concerned?

No inside information but according to the ACL reports they applied for and were awarded 18 pairs of slots at LCY for the summer season but appear to have handed them back... I presume this is all based around what happens with the Embraer long term.

They have also constantly applied for Heathrow slots every season but realistically that is never going to happen unless specific slots are ring-fenced for regional connections

Egda
28th Jun 2023, 09:17
Aurigny has made a profit in 22/23, only its 3rd in State ownership. The Guernsey States accounts showed that the airline was expected to make a £1.4m. loss in 2022, but Aurigny instead declared a £6m. profit, its best result in 20 yeas of Government ownership. Of the £6m. noted in the accounts, £1.8m. was States’ impairments and provision.

The £4.2m. of Aurigny’s profit came from improvements made to operation productivity.

Passenger losses were reduced from £17.15 per person in 2019 to £1.06 in 2022.

Aircraft productivity was increased by 36%, staff proactivity by 5.8% and fuel consumption was reduced by 10% – the equivalent to 1.4m. litres.

The airline made this improvement by switching to more ATR flights as opposed to the Embraer jet, which is 35% more fuel-heavy per seat than the ATRs. It also ensured flights were full of passengers, with fewer empty seats.

Aurigny carried 520,000 passengers in 2022, which is 98.5% of pre-Covid 2019 levels.

bmaviscount
29th Jun 2023, 05:30
Its great that they are making money at last

Its come at a bit of a price though

All the external competition seems to have left the aviation scene in Guernsey

Its Aurigny or nothing. Lots of problems recently with aircraft going tech and passengers stranded

They are essentially a low cost airline now

Aero Mad
29th Jun 2023, 10:05
I think the only link between Aurigny being in profit and competition is that Flybe's evaporation means the ATRs can be better utilised; particularly to EXT and BHX. Other key factors seem to be using the Embraer less; 10% reduction in fuel burn across the operation this year.

Also not sure about the comparison with a 'low cost airline'; e.g. EU261 doesn't apply in the Channel Islands and so Blue Islands doesn't pay for accommodation for passengers (https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2023/05/30/airline-criticised-over-compensation-policy/) when fog-bound (not a dig as such - they're perfectly entitled not to, and it's in their conditions of carriage). Aurigny still does this on a voluntary basis, even at departure airports (my mother was put up in Southampton recently; many airlines would have sent her on the 2h30m journey home by train). Likewise, it routinely pays to extend airport operating hours to get people home when weather delays come. This isn't the behaviour of a classic low-cost airline.

You can look at the Alderney operation quite separately, as it's run under a PSO and funded entirely at the discretion of the States (i.e. subject to only operational control by GR). The recent delays were due to G-ETAC being in Oberpfaffenhofen for maintenance, leaving GR with only G-OAUR to run the routes, which then went tech. Unfortunately they were landed with a two-plane model by the previous States of Guernsey administration, which forced this through in full knowledge of its fragility.

kcockayne
2nd Jul 2023, 01:56
The usual informative & factual contribution from AeroMad. Thanks. I am not, by any means, a fan of AUR but I am pleased that they have started to make money .... at last !

Jerbourg
10th Aug 2023, 15:08
The below in red copied from the Guernsey thread.

Originally Posted by GCILover
I have also been informed that the (Aurigny) jet is leaving in December. The shortage in Gatwick seats will be compensated by a double daily London City service, the shortage in Manchester seats will be compensated by a Liverpool service. They are also supposedly looking at doing a Paris service on a Friday and Monday.

I can't see a Liverpool flight being a success, I would have thought that a third daily MAN would be better (if slots are available at MAN).
Good to hear LCY is possibly back on though.

I'm assuming an additional ATR is going to be joining the fleet to service these routes?

KindaUnstuck
10th Aug 2023, 17:55
On the basis on there still being a spare aircraft like there is now which does a limited schedule when required, I presumed x2 ATRs joining.

1 to directly replace the Embraer's schedule and then the second to effectively operate x2 LCY, along with Paris and also Liverpool on some of the days that Manchester only currently operates x1 daily on the Embraer, rather than going double daily all the time on MAN.

With LCY closed Saturday afternoon/ Sunday morning that would effectively allow for a small increase in current frequencies, or something like an EDI on Saturday afternoons to fill the aircraft's schedule

kcockayne
10th Aug 2023, 17:58
Agree with you about Liverpool; & I can’t see the Paris route lasting very long, either.

Jerbourg
10th Aug 2023, 19:44
Agree with you about Liverpool; & I can’t see the Paris route lasting very long, either.

Paris need an operator with onward connections - AF Hop would be ideal.

Talking of onward connections the BA website is now selling flights from GCI with Aurigny provided you are booking with onward connections, interestingly it's not only flights departing LGW that are bookable but those from LHR too. I'm hoping LCY gets thrown into the mix as well. Aurigny make no mention of this anywhere on their website - that I've seen so far anyway.

kcockayne
10th Aug 2023, 20:40
This is precisely the sort of arrangement that AUR need if they are to turn the current small profit into something more consistent & lucrative. I have been somewhat critical of the airline, but I support them in their efforts to move forward & make commercial progress. This is very difficult for them to do without expanding their horizons & by relying on their traditional "Guernsey centric" operation. In this regard, I feel that there is nowhere left for them to go. Hence my support for alliances with larger airlines.

Nuweiba
11th Aug 2023, 09:40
The interline agreement with BA is vital for a LCY route to work. The route does not have the demand for just LCY-GCO pax but with the interline agreement people will be able to fly in from almost anywhere in western Europe much more easily than via LHR and then trekking down to LGW.

Its taken a long time but things are definitely looking up ! :)

Jerbourg
15th Sep 2023, 07:03
According to local BBC news Aurigny are to operate GCI-Paris next year (subsidy permitting), I assume it will be CDG rather than ORY?

KindaUnstuck
15th Sep 2023, 07:31
According to local BBC news Aurigny are to operate GCI-Paris next year (subsidy permitting), I assume it will be CDG rather than ORY?

Yes, according to ITV it would be CDG, Monday and Friday.

I presume we'll get some news soon about what is going on as the UK slot reports should be made public soon.

Nuweiba
15th Sep 2023, 12:57
Sounds very good news but can not see it working unless fares are kept reasonable, connecting flights from Jersey and Alderney are made affordable, and, most importantly of all, a code-share / interline agreement is made with AF/KLM. A triangular route with Jersey might be wiser.

kcockayne
15th Sep 2023, 17:58
Good news ? Yes, but the better news would be if it is still operating three or four years on from now. I am somewhat dubious about its prospects, especially as it requires a subsidy. It is reasonably telling that Jersey (with a population 50% bigger than Guernsey’s) has not had a route to Paris for many years. If Jersey can’t make it pay, I can’t see how Guernsey will - especially as it will require a States subsidy from day one ! Indicative of future prospects, maybe.
Nevertheless, I hope that it is successful (in the light of tourism numbers dropping by 25%, or so). As with the campaign to extend the runway, there is a lot of wishful thinking going on in Guernsey. A lot of it seems to be somewhat divorced from reality.

Wycombe
18th Sep 2023, 08:20
Looks like the Embraer went for a tour of southern England late last night, but due weather (which was a bit sparky around these parts) went back to Gatwick.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/g-nsey#321239da

No doubt there will be resulting disruption today

KindaUnstuck
18th Sep 2023, 16:10
I Was on the BHX- GCI yesterday which ended up in SOU for fuel... to be fair to Aurigny they got us home and kept us informed as best they could and handed out water when we were in the air the second time, even if it wasn't very comfortable after 4 hours sat on an ATR.

Felt sorry for the poor passengers on the Embraer last night as the 'midnight tour' was the second attempt to get them here, I guess they ran out of time and Guernsey shut the airport as the arrival time on FlightRadar was hovering about midnight and then slipped the further north they flew up towards Oxford... Easy to say compared to being there dealing with it but had they gone to somewhere closer to refuel rather than back to Gatwick they may have possibly of got back last night.

KindaUnstuck
12th Oct 2023, 21:41
Noticed a few airports added into the Aurigny booking system, but with the flights marked as Sold Out (presumably pending the press release etc).

London City - x2 daily (x3 Friday, 0 on Saturdays, x2 on Sunday once LCY opens), GR400 - GR411
Stansted - x3 per week GR626/627 same flight numbers as previous
Liverpool - x3 per week, GR630/631

EDIT taken from Sean M's Twitter:
Edinburgh - x1 weekly on Wednesdays - GR634/5 from end of May
Paris - x2 weekly Mon & Fri - GR680/1

Aero Mad
13th Oct 2023, 12:36
Exciting news!

Haven't run the numbers yet but looks like quite a big expansion of capacity to London. One wonders if this foretells a decision to sell the Embraer and to purchase another ATR.

On another note, does anyone know why G-ETAC flew to Roskilde last Saturday? Presumably for engine maintenance with this firm (https://www.dao.dk/about)? It flew an interesting route, avoiding France and Holland. Flight plans had been filed and then cancelled a few times previously.

KindaUnstuck
13th Oct 2023, 16:47
Exciting news!

Haven't run the numbers yet but looks like quite a big expansion of capacity to London. One wonders if this foretells a decision to sell the Embraer and to purchase another ATR.

I was presuming x2 leased ATRs - one to fly the existing Embraer LGW/MAN schedule plus one to effectively allow for LCY, STN, EDI, LPL and CDG, leaving one of the current 3 to act as a spare/ weekend breaks/ charters etc as per this year.

Based on a Friday which generally was x4 E195 and x2 ATR72 flights the seat count has gone from 632 to 720 including the x3 LCY and the STN on the basis the Embraer has gone.

Tuesdays have gone from 582 based on x3 Embraer + x3 ATR flights) to 576 based on ATR72 on all 6 LGW and the 2 LCY flights).

Liverpool and Manchester are both red-eye flights on the Saturday and leave within 15 minutes of each other which seems like a strange choice.

I was told by someone that EDI would be x2 weekly but maybe that has been changed based on what else they have/ slot availability

Looks like there will also be a programme of flights to the Balearics plus a few other destinations also.

Jerbourg
14th Oct 2023, 12:45
GCI-EDI starts a weekly Wednesday service 29 May 2024

GCI 1050 EDI 1305
EDI 1335 GCI 1600

GCI-CDG starts a twice weekly Mon & Fri service for summer 2024

GCI 1050 CDG 1305
CDG 1340 GCI 1410

More tech issues for the Dornier today with GR201/202/501/502 sectors cancelled.

CabinCrewe
14th Oct 2023, 13:16
Aurigney don't half chop and change. I’ll put a small wager the timetable looks different again this time next year…
Good luck to them for being ambitious though.

Jerbourg
14th Oct 2023, 16:33
Aurigney don't half chop and change. I’ll put a small wager the timetable looks different again this time next year…
Good luck to them for being ambitious though.

I haven't seen much 'chopping & changing' only additions..

KindaUnstuck
19th Oct 2023, 20:44
Another short-term route showing up in the Aurigny booking engine:

Guernsey - Newquay Tuesdays 23 July - 27 August 2024 on the ATR72

GR736 departs Guernsey at 3pm, arrives 3:45pm,
GR737 departs Newquay at 4:15pm, arrives Guernsey 5pm

Looks like Menorca, Majorca and Ibiza are each getting a 5/6 week programme of flights on Saturdays from mid May - end of September in the order listed.

EDIT: summer schedule now live for booking, believe there may be the odd tweak to come but no other new routes

Jerbourg
24th Nov 2023, 08:04
After months of speculation Aurigny have at last announced that the Embraer 195 will be leaving the fleet.
From what I can see the aircraft vanishes from the schedule in early 2024 leaving the ATR's to do all the UK & European routes & the 228's to service Alderney.
I wonder if a buyer has already been found?

Egda
24th Nov 2023, 08:09
My understanding is they are looking for the Lessor of the 2 new ATR's to take the Embraer in a kind of Part Ex!

Jerbourg
28th Dec 2023, 14:28
I overheard a conversation yesterday where the subject was the incoming ATR's & the outgoing 195. Seems 'new' ATR's cannot be sourced & the Embraer will now stay in the fleet until the end of the winter schedule. I believe it was due to finish service with GR next week? Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Gurnard
29th Dec 2023, 08:51
I overheard a conversation yesterday where the subject was the incoming ATR's & the outgoing 195. Seems 'new' ATR's cannot be sourced & the Embraer will now stay in the fleet until the end of the winter schedule. I believe it was due to finish service with GR next week? Can anyone confirm/deny this?
Yes, that had been the plan a few weeks ago to take it out of service in the first week of January.

KindaUnstuck
29th Dec 2023, 21:22

Overhearing a member of cabin crew talking to a passenger they knew this afternoon, their words were "it looks like the jet is staying until March" - no idea if that means start, middle or end of the month however as the passenger didn't ask.

virginblue
3rd Jan 2024, 12:42
Are the Embraer flight deck crews also qualified on the ATR72 or do they need to be re-trained?

Aero Mad
3rd Jan 2024, 15:40
https://www.islandfm.com/news/guernsey/jet-to-stay-until-april/

dc9-32
4th Jan 2024, 06:46
Are the Embraer flight deck crews also qualified on the ATR72 or do they need to be re-trained?

Totally different type rating etc.

Jerbourg
4th Jan 2024, 07:34
Totally different type rating etc.

All the Embraer flight crew are booked for ATR training/conversion from this month I was told.

Jerbourg
10th Jan 2024, 14:46
An Eastern AT7 is being taken on lease (for several months), G-CMEI arrives GCI this evening & is due to operate the GCI-MAN tomorrow morning.
I assume the aircraft will be rotated as/when required by Eastern..

KindaUnstuck
12th Jan 2024, 12:15
Not sure if it is a planned aircraft swap over already but G-CMEI is currently parked with her nose inside the Aurigny hanger and G-CMFI has just positioned in from Newquay,

Jerbourg
17th Jan 2024, 07:41
The Eastern ATR returned to the UK last night ,has the lease been terminated?

rhutch28
17th Jan 2024, 21:50
The Eastern ATR returned to the UK last night ,has the lease been terminated?
Looks like G-CMFI & G-CMEI have both been operation flights for Aurigny in the past few day,

Gurnard
18th Jan 2024, 08:45
The lease is not over. G-CMEI is due back later today to continue with Aurigny. Looks as if G-CMFI which provided temporary cover last week has gone to Dinard for mx.

Wycombe
9th Feb 2024, 11:18
Noticed yesterday afternoon that the Embraer appears to be back in service, having been positioned EXT-GCI in the morning.

jmdavies86
21st Feb 2024, 22:19
Twice-daily GCI-LCY announced on weekdays & Sunday, starting on 31st March: https://ukaviation.news/aurigny-to-launch-twice-daily-london-city-service-from-guernsey/

Jerbourg
22nd Feb 2024, 20:10
Twice-daily GCI-LCY announced on weekdays & Sunday, starting on 31st March: https://ukaviation.news/aurigny-to-launch-twice-daily-london-city-service-from-guernsey/

See post #125 this was known in October

KindaUnstuck
29th Feb 2024, 16:53
With the ongoing issues, Aurigny have chartered in a Heston A320 for today and tomorrow (going by Flight radar) to cover some of the flying.

The Eastern ATR hasn't moved for 3 days, it looks like the Embraer can only do half a day of flying plus they still only have 1 of their own ATRs available.

Jerbourg
29th Feb 2024, 20:21
Blue Islands have been operating some services for them too (in addition to the code share SOU).

Do the Eastern crew return to the UK on days when their aircraft isn't scheduled to be needed or stay on island?

Albert Hall
29th Feb 2024, 21:45
Do the Eastern crew return to the UK on days when their aircraft isn't scheduled to be needed or stay on island?

You are assuming that Eastern actually have crew for the ATR. Judging by their performance at SOU, that is generally the problem.

Jerbourg
2nd Mar 2024, 06:20
You are assuming that Eastern actually have crew for the ATR. Judging by their performance at SOU, that is generally the problem.

As Eastern have an ATR on wet lease to GR I would have assumed crew would be in place, however.....

Yesterday again saw numerous delays/cancellations - this screenshot below taken from social media - in fact the BHX was eventually cancelled
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/564x653/screenshot_20240302_070809_2_7ecc5706379511de12c75429942839b 8927a3134.png

Already this morning (Saturday) the early MAN & SOU flights have been cancelled, however according to FR24 the leased Eastern ATR is due to operate a return sector to SOU later after sitting dormant for days. The leased A320 departed to ORY yesterday after doing a couple of LGW sectors.

With the island reliant on basically this one airline I hope reliability picks up soon as at the end of the month a number of new routes kick off & I'm wondering if the airline will have enough aircraft to cope?

rog747
2nd Mar 2024, 06:37
The EMB did a BRS flight yesterday

OltonPete
2nd Mar 2024, 09:30
The EMB did a BRS flight yesterday

No doubt topped with some BHX pax which was cancelled - I suppose fro Bristol at least it operated - landed 22.18 departed 23.39:ooh:

Pete

Albert Hall
2nd Mar 2024, 09:40
Most likely the curse of Eastern has struck again. I really don’t know why other airlines ever trust them any more - there is a total trail of destruction with BA, TAP, ITA and now Aurigny behind them. You’d think KLM would know better.

KindaUnstuck
2nd Mar 2024, 10:15
The Eastern aircraft looks to be positioning (empty) out to Southampton.

The GR 602/603 LGW rotation has now also been cancelled for today.

G-OATR returned from Exeter yesterday and was due to operate services today but is now sat outside the Aurigny hanger.

G-OGFC operated the Gatwick red eye 2 hours late and is then doing the Grenoble and this evening's Manchester

The Embraer looks to be down for 3 LGW runs today, but the 10:20 has been pushed back to 13:10 - presumably so they can try and do all 3 LGW runs with one set of crew.

Blue Islands look like they have been called in again to operate BHX with G-ISLN

As Jerbourg mentioned - I dread to think what is going to happen at the end of the month as they need 4 aircraft to operate a schedule (and that leaves no back up).

jethro15
2nd Mar 2024, 21:29
Aurigny found themselves between 'The devil and the deep blue sea' regarding Eastern!................

KindaUnstuck
2nd Mar 2024, 21:46
Based on what has been posted on the Aurigny website, the situation is going to remain fragile for a while which doesn't bode well once the Summer timetable kicks in.

Disruption Statement – 2nd March 2024

Dear Customers,

We would like to apologise for the significant disruption you may have experienced while travelling with us recently. We fully understand the frustration and inconvenience caused by the unexpected cancellations and delays, and we want to assure you that addressing these issues is our top priority.

Unfortunately, the planned annual maintenance on two of Aurigny’s aircraft – one Dornier and one ATR - coincided with unforeseen and separate technical events that impacted both the Embraer and the ATR fleet. These technical difficulties were further compounded by challenging weather conditions this week, and our recovery efforts were constrained by a shortage of crew personnel from one of our standby aircraft capacity suppliers. These factors have regrettably led to disruptions across our flight network, affecting many of you.

We recognise the impact that flight cancellations and delays can have on your plans and commitments and sincerely apologise for the impact it has had.

We do not take the decision to cancel flights lightly, and every cancellation is made with careful consideration of customer safety and operational feasibility within our permitted operating hours. Extensions have been requested and granted by Guernsey Airport throughout the week to maximise the number of flights we could operate with the available aircraft, and we have, where possible, contracted in third-party capacity to bolster supply.

Our technical team continue to make every effort to return all aircraft to service as soon as possible, and one aircraft has returned to service this morning, whilst a further aircraft is anticipated to become operational by tomorrow morning. We expect services to gradually return to normal by the end of the weekend. Service resilience will, however, continue to be fragile during March whilst we await the return of aircraft undergoing planned maintenance in Europe, and our dedicated teams will continue to work tirelessly around the clock to minimise further disruption, rebook affected customers, and ensure that everyone reaches their intended destinations as soon as possible.

We appreciate the patience and understanding you have demonstrated during this challenging time, particularly in your interactions with our frontline staff and thank you for your continued trust in Aurigny.

If you have any queries regarding this disruption, please contact us on Facebook Messenger or via WhatsApp (messages only) at +44 7436 422 214 until 21:00, or call us on +44 1481 267 267 until 18:00.

Kind regards,

Aurigny Customer Services

jethro15
2nd Mar 2024, 22:12
OK, so the fact that through the best of intensions, Aurigny whilst been scuppered by the lease terminalisation of the Eastern AT76 (On their own terms!) have been completely ignored.

Aurigny are trying hard, but against advice, got into bed with someone they thought could get them out of a hole!

ajdm
6th Mar 2024, 14:00
Jethro's showing two AT76 as having been acquired, with the first due in May.

KindaUnstuck
6th Mar 2024, 17:39
Good to have news of the incoming ATRs.

One of the local news sources had the following in an article last night

"Sudeep Ghai, Aurigny Chief Commercial Officer, said the leased turboprops would be delivered by quarter two and three respectively, increasing the ATR fleet from three to five."

The Embraer is now due to leave "later this year" which I guess will depend on when the second ATR arrives and is in service.

Titan have been in today operating the Manchester flight with an A320.

vectisman
6th Mar 2024, 17:47
Good to have news of the incoming ATRs.

One of the local news sources had the following in an article last night

"Sudeep Ghai, Aurigny Chief Commercial Officer, said the leased turboprops would be delivered by quarter two and three respectively, increasing the ATR fleet from three to five."

The Embraer is now due to leave "later this year" which I guess will depend on when the second ATR arrives and is in service.

Titan have been in today operating the Manchester flight with an A320.

I believe Titan also operated a Gatwick to Guernsey flight. today.

vectisman
8th Mar 2024, 06:25
Titan A320 is operating several Gatwick to Guernsey rotations for Aurigny today. Jethros is showing the A320 leased to Aurigny based at Guernsey. Probably a wet lease that includes crew.

Jerbourg
13th Mar 2024, 09:42
An Avantiair DH4 positioned into GCI yesterday to take up the slack left by Easterns dismissal.
The aircraft should start flying for GR tomorrow - 14 March.

A question, how many sets of crew would a wet leased aircraft like this come with?

KindaUnstuck
13th Mar 2024, 20:03
Looking at Flight Radar the Avanti Dash8 is doing the GR608/9 tomorrow, the GR 670/1 Friday morning, followed by the GR722 GCI- EXT (but not the return) before positioning up to Birmingham to operate a flight to Stuttgart, and is then positioning back into Guernsey on Friday night.

OltonPete
13th Mar 2024, 21:55
Looking at Flight Radar the Avanti Dash8 is doing the GR608/9 tomorrow, the GR 670/1 Friday morning, followed by the GR722 GCI- EXT (but not the return) before positioning up to Birmingham to operate a flight to Stuttgart, and is then positioning back into Guernsey on Friday night.

They have a corporate contract STR-BHX inbound Monday morning early and outbound Friday afternoon, has ran most the winter but not sure when it ends. I think it has sat at BHX all week about once but usually has ad-hoc charters in the week such as rugby fans earlier in the week out of Cardiff

Pete

KindaUnstuck
2nd Apr 2024, 20:52
Busy few days in terms of leased aircraft however things appear a lot more stable now:

Titan have been in and out over the past week a few times helping with capacity. Today the A320 did Bristol, Dublin Liverpool and Birmingham, tomorrow she is down for a pair of Manchesters and a Birmingham.

Both Avantiair Dash 8s were in service for a time today doing a Gatwick return each before both repositioning out to Stockholm this afternoon. One is due back Thursday evening. I believe Avanti are here until the end of the month.

A Luxwing Dash 8 (also ex-Flybe) positioned in from Bari today to fly 3 Gatwick returns tomorrow - I don't know if this is the backup aircraft that was mentioned the other week as being due.

In terms of the new routes, the loads on the inaugural outbounds (based on the Guernsey Press) were:

Stansted - 50 passengers
London City (GR406) - 37 passengers
Paris - 76 passengers.

I was on the first LCY - GCI which had 50, which I didn't think was too bad considering that was the afternoon flight and there was a second one later that evening.

MidlandsWanderer
2nd Apr 2024, 21:44
Must have some deep pockets with that lot being brought in! A Titan 320 for a day can't leave a lot of change out of £30k plus docs plus crews plus hotac etc etc etc

jethro15
2nd Apr 2024, 21:46
Aurigny, through no fault of their own, (Read on) found themselves entering into the lease in market. Against advice, they opted for Eastern. We all know how that ended.

From what I can make out from the DASH8’s, Aviantiair have a lease agreement with Aurigny (Duration not known by me). However, it appears to have been agreed that there are a couple of days in the week they cannot accommodate due to prior commitments, hence Luxwing stepping in to cover.

As for the use of Titan Airways, it should not be a surprise. Titan also help out Loganair (Old boy’s school?). What’s the saying – ‘an airplane only makes money when it’s in the air’ or ‘you give me work, and I’ll give you favourable rates’

Both Aurigny and Loganair have been caught out with perceived ATR 72 deliveries being delayed through both maintenance and spares constraints.

That said, the financial implications of leasing in aircraft by the above must have a few sphincters clutching within both airlines for varying reasons.

Or do contractual constraints come into play?

KindaUnstuck
2nd Apr 2024, 22:34
According to a news article I saw last week from the local BBC news, Avantiair are around until the end of April

kcockayne
2nd Apr 2024, 22:38
Must have some deep pockets with that lot being brought in! A Titan 320 for a day can't leave a lot of change out of £30k plus docs plus crews plus hotac etc etc etc
No problem , when you have got the States of Guernsey to bail you out !

SWBKCB
3rd Apr 2024, 06:15
As for the use of Titan Airways, it should not be a surprise. Titan also help out Loganair (Old boy’s school?). What’s the saying – ‘an airplane only makes money when it’s in the air’ or ‘you give me work, and I’ll give you favourable rates’

Wasn't there an old rule that such sub-charters had to be offered to UK licence holders first (or they had the right to object to non-UK operators if they had the available capacity). Is this correct, and does it still apply?

fjencl
3rd Apr 2024, 08:26
If a Titan 320 for a day can't leave a lot of change out of £30k plus docs plus crews plus hotac etc etc etc

Just wondering what the cost will be for a Dash8 from Luxwing and Avantiair ???? Any ideas !!!

Aero Mad
3rd Apr 2024, 08:49
I understand the problem is that G-ORAI has been out of action at Dinard since Feb and there has been a long delay in getting hold of a nose-wheel part. If they weren't leasing, people would be rightly cross about the ensuing delays and cancellations. As ever, if you choose to run a small airline as an economic enabler for an island which would otherwise be poorly connected due to its size, you do have to be mature about the trade-offs.

kcockayne
3rd Apr 2024, 10:06
How very true ! Problem is, there is a vociferous crowd who don’t appreciate that; combined with another crowd who think that all problems will be solved by extending the runway. Dream on !

Mayfield62
3rd Apr 2024, 11:03
There were 35 on the first flight from Liverpool to Guernsey yesterday, on a Titan A320.

AerArann62W
4th Apr 2024, 11:04
Is there any indication as to how long the A320 will operate for GR? I see it’s done Dublin twice this week.

I’m due to fly DUB-GCI in mid April and was hoping for an ATR (I’d take a DH8D though).

Charley B
5th Apr 2024, 11:17
Titan G-POWM has just landed at LGW from GCI ..possibly combining two flights ..one morning flight had the borrowed dash 8 (9H-LWB)is showing cancelled

KindaUnstuck
5th Apr 2024, 11:41
Looks like the Luxwing Dash 8 is still in Southampton and the inbound back to Guernsey indefinitely delayed.

The A320 was down for the 602/603 LGW rotation so I guess where they can they have accommodated the 604/605 passengers on the A320 flight. 👍

Charley B
5th Apr 2024, 12:51
Yes ,I’m sure they have ..not having a lot of luck lately

Rivet Joint
5th Apr 2024, 14:18
Disgusting performance from them today on the SOU routes. Yes performance of other companies, parts shortages etc are out of their control
but it’s been known for ages that the EJ195 was leaving the fleet and that ATR maintenance/parts are lacking. Why on earth have they at the same time launched a load of extra routes most of which seem completely frivolous? Do they really need to serve STN and LCY on top of their million flights a day to LGW? Launching flights to CDG, LPL and DUB also seems a stretch given the small fleet and the long standing known issues I mention above that were incoming. The net result is a shambles and complete disregard to the SOU route which is long standing and used by a lot of people already who want to get to London. This is a mess of their own doing and the residents of Guernsey should quite rightly be angry at this screw up.

ajdm
5th Apr 2024, 14:34
You do know they were only actually scheduled to operate one return flight today - the other 3 being Blue Islands (who also seem to having their own ATR woes) operated code shares?

Our office has already had several round trips to/from the island to both LCY & DUB this year, and I'm using LCY next month for onward connecting flights, and have EDI booked for later in the year too, so there's demand ask far as I'm concerned. If you're upset at Aurigny I'd suggest you don't try and book Condor Ferries...

Rivet Joint
5th Apr 2024, 16:20
You do know they were only actually scheduled to operate one return flight today - the other 3 being Blue Islands (who also seem to having their own ATR woes) operated code shares?

Our office has already had several round trips to/from the island to both LCY & DUB this year, and I'm using LCY next month for onward connecting flights, and have EDI booked for later in the year too, so there's demand ask far as I'm concerned. If you're upset at Aurigny I'd suggest you don't try and book Condor Ferries...

Good point but it’s one and the same as they are basically in cahoots with each other. Plus BI have added odd routes in Dublin, Norwich and Isle of Man shortly despite no increase in the fleet. In fact, 2 of the 5 aircraft they have are on long term maintenance. The level of incompetence is mind blowing. Especially as it seems they are allowing the SOU routes to be affected when they are their most popular and long standing routes outside LGW but still flying the frivolous new routes.

Albert Hall
5th Apr 2024, 17:36
It’s most definitely not one and the same. What a load of pious tosh. Each airline has its own fleet and its own services to deliver. And each has its own challenges, which caused delays. It does happen. Welcome to aviation.

Jerbourg
5th Apr 2024, 19:03
Good point but it’s one and the same as they are basically in cahoots with each other. Plus BI have added odd routes in Dublin, Norwich and Isle of Man shortly despite no increase in the fleet. In fact, 2 of the 5 aircraft they have are on long term maintenance. The level of incompetence is mind blowing. Especially as it seems they are allowing the SOU routes to be affected when they are their most popular and long standing routes outside LGW but still flying the frivolous new routes.

As Aurigny also code share with Loganair would you say they are 'in cahoots' with them too?
BA code share with numerous airlines - I suppose they are all 'in cahoots' too?

I have heard this term used by those ignorant of the way airlines operate.... I say no more.

amyisraelchai
5th Apr 2024, 19:40
Maybe wait until Blue Islands actually launch the routes to start calling them incompetent. There is a reason their CEO is one of the longest-serving in Europe.

SWBKCB
6th Apr 2024, 07:58
Especially as it seems they are allowing the SOU routes to be affected when they are their most popular and long standing routes outside LGW but still flying the frivolous new routes.

Maybe they are having to diversify because the SOU route isn't delivering the returns they need?

Mayfield62
6th Apr 2024, 09:35
The Liverpool service is to be operated by a Dash8-Q400 between 9th and 30th Aptil

Rivet Joint
6th Apr 2024, 17:22
It’s most definitely not one and the same. What a load of pious tosh. Each airline has its own fleet and its own services to deliver. And each has its own challenges, which caused delays. It does happen. Welcome to aviation.

You either aren’t aware of the history or take things too generally. You do realise BI were set up to be a direct competitor to Aurigny? They competed for many years including on both CI routes from SOU. We now find ourselves in a position where only BI have the Jersey route and fly all but one of the Guernsey routes which was some climb down by Aurigny considering they historically had those routes to themselves and have the advantage of state backing. Then came the codeshare on each other’s routes and now we even see BI aircraft pitching in when Aurigny need a bit of help. That’s a pretty cosy relationship. By the way, I don’t think it’s a bad thing on the whole but it’s clearly way different than just having a codeshare like they do with LM. Now we see both BI and Aurigny opening a large bunch of odd routes at a time when no new additions to the fleet are made and the existing fleet is under strain. Again, surprising the same bad decision has been made at the same time. Would you have made the decision to launch these routes when at the time the issues must have been known?

Albert Hall
6th Apr 2024, 17:42
Blue Islands are hardly launching a raft of new routes. Isle of Man back on off peak days of the week and about six flights to Luxembourg hardly paints the picture you’re setting out, unless I’m missing something - and they’ve done IOM before.

Different story for Aurigny but largely seems to be an effort to compensate for the capacity reduction resulting from the jet leaving the fleet. What do you expect them to do?

Ayline
6th Apr 2024, 22:23
Plus BI have added odd routes in Dublin, Norwich and Isle of Man shortly despite no increase in the fleet. In fact, 2 of the 5 aircraft they have are on long term maintenance. .
Jersey-Norwich and Jersey-Dublin are not new routes, Blue Islands operated both routes last year.

Ayline
6th Apr 2024, 22:32
You either aren’t aware of the history or take things too generally. You do realise BI were set up to be a direct competitor to Aurigny? They competed for many years including on both CI routes from SOU. We now find ourselves in a position where only BI have the Jersey route and fly all but one of the Guernsey routes which was some climb down by Aurigny considering they historically had those routes to themselves and have the advantage of state backing.

Aurigny was never the sole operator on either the Guernsey-Southampton route or the Jersey-Southampton route so your recollection of history is incorrect. In fact Aurigny has never operated between Jersey and Southampton. That route has been operated by a number of operators including Air UK/Air Atlantique/Loganair/British Regional Airlines/JEA/Flybe/Blue Islands.

rog747
7th Apr 2024, 06:34
Aurigny was never the sole operator on either the Guernsey-Southampton route or the Jersey-Southampton route so your recollection of history is incorrect. In fact Aurigny has never operated between Jersey and Southampton. That route has been operated by a number of operators including Air UK/Air Atlantique/Loganair/British Regional Airlines/JEA/Flybe/Blue Islands.

Don't forget Jersey Airlines, BEA, BUIA, BUA and dear old BIA !
(SOU-JER)

SWBKCB
9th Apr 2024, 15:53
Mr Hinkles said that aircraft downtime for maintenance and day-to-day operational issues often now extended from days to weeks and months, which was why airlines were struggling to maintain schedules.

‘Airlines do everything they can to run flights on time, it’s the most cost-effective way to operate, and it keeps customers happy,’ he said.

‘No-one benefits from delays and cancellations, but sometimes – despite all endeavours – they can and do happen.

‘Against that background, it’s risible for some commentators to call for guarantees that flight disruption will be eradicated, and it’s just as impossible for an airline chief to give such a warranty as it is plainly daft for anyone to demand it.’

He said that, as a result of these issues, Guernsey should be cautious about trying to encourage airlines such as EasyJet to the island, as low-cost carriers tend to only offer flights in high season rather than year-round connectivity.

‘The two concepts don’t sit comfortably together,’ he said.

‘Bluntly put, if an incoming low-cost airline runs off with the summer profits, your local airline will need an unprecedented level of financial support from the States to keep even a skeletal essential air service open through the leaner winter months.’

https://guernseypress.com/news/2024/04/07/support-aurigny-urges-former-loganair-ceo/

kcockayne
9th Apr 2024, 17:38
https://guernseypress.com/news/2024/04/07/support-aurigny-urges-former-loganair-ceo/
Precisely what I have been trying to convey in these columns for quite a while now - probably expressed more cogently than I managed - Guernsey wants low cost carriers, & some people think that you can get them by extending the runway for them. It might, but it won’t last - because the demand is just not there. Let Easy in & Aurigny will be severely affected. They cannot compete with Easy Jet to Gatwick, without further hefty States subsidies; & if they don’t get them, they will go bust. Jersey’s population is approaching twice that of Guernsey, & as pointed out in the article (letter), only gets one or two flights from Gatwick by Easy on several days over the winter. What would Guernsey get ? And, remember, The States purchased AUR in the first place to protect the Gatwick slots. No AUR = no island owned slots at Gatwick = no protection. As the letter writer pointed out, there a lot of other considerations involved in providing a reliable, regular service; & many of these considerations would result in a very poor service indeed to Guernsey, especially if it had all of its eggs in EZY’s basket !
Overall situation ? Be very careful in what you wish for ! Don’t waste your money on extending the runway - it will get very little use over the years by the aircraft that you are extending it for.

Newsreader2
11th Apr 2024, 06:55
According to the BBC Guernsey news website, Aurigny made a profit in 2023 but they're not revealing how much just yet.

I would post the link here but I'm not allowed.

They acknowledge the website needs improvement, and the Clearview tech enabled 50 to 60 landings that otherwise wouldn't have happened.

KindaUnstuck
12th Apr 2024, 11:36
Within that article there is a mention of Jump Air (ATR 72-500) being leased in at some point also

bluefunkybassman
12th Apr 2024, 12:24
Very interesting interview with Aurigny's CEO on BBC Sounds (was on Radio Guernsey) - unfortunately I'm not yet able to post URLs :(

jmdavies86
12th Apr 2024, 14:16
According to the BBC Guernsey news website, Aurigny made a profit in 2023 but they're not revealing how much just yet.

I would post the link here but I'm not allowed.

Here you go: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3gqx4l1v55o

bluefunkybassman
23rd Apr 2024, 18:44
The leased Luxwing Q400 has just gone off the end of the runway into the grass in Guernsey. Don't think there was any rain, and with 1463m to play with, not sure what the cause was!

strawberry Ribena
23rd Apr 2024, 19:57
The leased Luxwing Q400 has just gone off the end of the runway into the grass in Guernsey. Don't think there was any rain, and with 1463m to play with, not sure what the cause was!

just aurigny’s good luck

Jerbourg
24th Apr 2024, 07:07
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1440x1080/img_20240423_wa0004_ab12f5429ff9384de6fe82f450100d2e5826e091 .jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/500x261/img_20240423_wa0002_37a07a534e707047cf3f251eaf4e770c350a4f23 .jpg

biddedout
24th Apr 2024, 07:09
Mr Hinkles probably remembers the time when Flybe attempted to take on Loganair on the Aberdeen to Sumburgh route using a leased Embraer 175. The islanders were pleased to have their shiny jet for a short time, but they soon realised that the service was little more than a gimmick to try and damage the incumbent and reliability soon became a major issue. Flybe didn't understand that you cannot roster a jet for 10 sectors a day round wild windy foggy islands without engineering support and not expect problems. 1-0 to Loganair in that battle but both ended up financially damaged. There will always be a place for smaller operators with more appropriate equipment and the flexibility to adjust and get people moving in and around the bad weather. Easy are impressive but is it appropriate to let them continue to try to stamp on the small regional operators when they would not be able to replace those thin route, regular lifeline services with A320's should they succeed in their quest for global domination.