PDA

View Full Version : CAA Scheme of Charges 2021/2022

Glenn Curtis
4th Feb 2021, 10:37
Good Morning.

Does anyone have a view on looking for a reduction in the CAA proposed Scheme of Charges for 2021/2022. I have recently requested a reduction in specifically the AOC charges for the next financial period, I am still awaiting a response. The following is in essence what I have said:

Can I please ask if you are able to tell me whom I need to write to within the CAA to address the fees and charges for AOC operators for the Scheme of Charges period 2021/2022. We need to formally state that it is not, and cannot be deemed as sufficient support to the aviation industry, for the Authority to simply offer to defer increases in charges for 20/21 and 21/22. Operators will simply not be able survive for much longer whilst faced with the currently estimated 75% reduction in flying and with no sensible or reasonable assistance on CAA charges. We now need to formally request a reduction in the Scheme of Charges to all AOC operators for the new financial period 21/22. We do not feel the current planned 21/22 charges are reasonable or fair in light of the current and ongoing situation faced by all AOC operators and we therefore feel that a request for a 75% reduction in the applicable fees for at least the period 2021/2022 is not unreasonable.

In addition to the above we would also ask that the CAA please advise operators in advance of the amount they consider each entity will be due for the period 21/22 as an invoice on the 1st of April with a request for immediate payment is simply not acceptable under the current circumstances. It will further antagonise the industry and cause even more discontent.

I would be interested to know who may agree with what I have requested and whether you would be prepared to Lobby the CAA as well., I know it is unlikely that we will succeed but I feel I have to try and if we could get some leeway it would help. Elite Helicopters are not members of the BHA and as such we are not justified in making an approach to the BHA direct to ask them to ‘Take Up The Cause’. As such I would also ask if any BHA members are aware of the BHA stance or action that they may be taking or proposing on the Scheme of Charges.

Onwards & Upwards
Glenn Curtis
Elite Helicopters

Cyclic Link
4th Feb 2021, 12:00
Glenn,

Totally agree, the UK CAA should not be charging industry for AOC's that we cannot use. I accept that the UK CAA is historically funded by the Industry, however currently we face no income but have continued costs. There should be a reduction in fees and the CAA should make cuts much like we have or get themselves a Bounce Back Loan!!

I have personally written to our Flight Ops Inspector and Head of Section. Currently, the CEO or COO of the CAA have not even had the decency to follow up. I wrote to MP's etc about 10 months ago but obviously no response.

I am happy to lobby, write to MP's, whatever it takes. We have all done a year now of paying for our AOC's with no flying.

Andy Blox

timprice
9th Feb 2021, 09:49
Glenn were all paying for something we cannot use, examiners/instructors still have to keep current and pay CAA for privilege.
Pilots having to keep PC's going it all costs money, our industry has had no support from anyone.
But were so small compared to everything else, take care and Best Wishes
Tim

flight beyond sight
9th Feb 2021, 13:06
Glen i along with Andy have tried everything to try and get the CAA to mitigate costs but to no avail.
The industry really needs to stand together to try and enter meaningful dialogue .
Sadly Brexit on top of Covid has spelt disaster for most small operators , but this is not the CAA fault but politicians with no idea like Grant Shapps
Happy to help in any way
Leon