PDA

View Full Version : ATO for EASA ATPL Theory, Distance? (second time...)

Central Scrutinizer
4th Feb 2021, 08:29
Hello folks,

Due to ******* Brexit the ATPL exams I finished in October 2018 are no longer valid in EASA-land. I therefore have to do them again.

Can anyone recommend an ATO that offers ATPL theory courses with minimum hassle, minimum classroom hours, minimum cost and understands that I'm doing these exams for the second time so won't be expecting me to attend a 6 month ground school course?

Location, anywhere in Europe.

Thanks in advance.

BONES_
4th Feb 2021, 16:13
Bristol Ground School, one of the best outfit for this particular type of training. BGS examination centre is also approved by Austro Control: you have basically the whole package under one roof

pilotatlast
4th Feb 2021, 18:54
Skyborne Airline Academy also good for ATPL TK DL, they are approved for both EASA and UKCAA. Believe their training is a lot more interactive than most DL packages.

Specaircrew
5th Feb 2021, 08:07
Take a look at Cat3C as they have packages that fit your criteria

r10bbr
5th Feb 2021, 11:28
Central Scrutinizer

i was under the assumptions once completed you have 36 months to complete CPL/ME/IR before the ATPLS expire? Thus if your last exams were October 2018 your expiry date should be October 2021? Have you contacted the relevant CAA you sat the exams with, maybe and its a big maybe because of the recent ' covid pandemic ' you maybe able to get a grace period of an extension etc

in regards to an ATO google phil croucher, i can only speak highly of him Caledonian Advanced Pilot Training (http://www.captonline.com/)