PDA

View Full Version : Changing CAA licence within EASA

berlioz
23rd Jan 2021, 18:52
Hello to all

I have a question for the sharp minds here

Lets say i have my EASA licence in a European country and i would like to change my licence to another country still EASA (Europe). What do i need to do and does anyone know the timelines?

I have the idea that the medical and licence have to be issued by the same country, but i could not find information about it.

Thank you in advance for the answers

Stay safe

Same again
23rd Jan 2021, 19:29
See the Brexit thread. Applications to change state from UK EASA should have been started last year.

Jhieminga
23rd Jan 2021, 20:46
Have a look at the websites for the NAA that issued your current licence and the one that you want to transfer to. Or Google 'state of licence issue change EASA'. If you could let us know the relevant states, it would help with providing advice.

hueyracer
24th Jan 2021, 13:18
It's called "Soli" - "State of License issue" transfer...

I have done this before, it's simple and straight forward, yet expensive (depending on the country you are moving to).
Your current medical will be "converted" in the process-usually, you request the transfer of license with your current CAA and allow them to share your details with the receiving CAA.

The receiving CAA will then receive all documents from your original CAA, and convert the medical in house based on your current medical.

It takes about 2-3 months, and you will have to send your current license to the new CAA before they can issue the new license, as you can only hold one EASA license at any given time..

berlioz
25th Jan 2021, 18:37
Thanks

Thats the info i was looking for

DOUBLE BOGEY
26th Jan 2021, 10:34
It's called "Soli" - "State of License issue" transfer...

I have done this before, it's simple and straight forward, yet expensive (depending on the country you are moving to).
Your current medical will be "converted" in the process-usually, you request the transfer of license with your current CAA and allow them to share your details with the receiving CAA.

The receiving CAA will then receive all documents from your original CAA, and convert the medical in house based on your current medical.

It takes about 2-3 months, and you will have to send your current license to the new CAA before they can issue the new license, as you can only hold one EASA license at any given time..

My experience was exactly the same as Hueyracer describes above. I would add, that whereby the Licence Verification part of the process is done electronically, the actual paper medical records your original Competent Authority hold for you have to be sent by snail mail. Most of the delays others have experienced centred on this part of the process.