PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Flight School Recommendation in Vancouver!

Pilot.Jay
22nd Jan 2021, 01:23
Hi there!

It's 2021! Let's do a new flight school recommendation list for people who are coming to get his pilot training a clue from you all!

If you have ideas about:

Flight schools in B.C.
Flight instructor that you would like to recommend, because flight instructor matters more than flight school

My personal question:

Pacific Flying Club VS Professional Flight Centre

Is there any new thoughts about these two? I read people are complaining about professional flight centre for having difficulties to book a flight for training, and the school doesn't really do anything for the problem, I wonder if the situation has been taking care of?

thank you for reading and your inputs!

Pilot.Jay
27th Jan 2021, 01:35
Do you mean "Pacific Flying Club" or one of the other (26) flying clubs in BC?

Sorry, it's Pacific Flying Club ^p^

Fly me to Hell
22nd Feb 2021, 22:58
The BCIT Airline and Flight Operations Commercial Pilot (fixed-wing) program. Does anyone here have any opinions / experience from this? It looks attractive. Probably expensive.

Haroon Khan
26th Feb 2021, 13:31
Hi Everyone,
What are your guy's opinion on Brompton Flight Centre?
Just started researching on flight schools that I can apply to, as I am an International Student.
I have been reaching out to some present Flight Instructors and Students from flight schools in Canada via Linkedin, let's see what they say...
In the meantime, what are some other reputable flight schools, to look into?

ChinaDoll
9th Mar 2021, 04:28
I am told that airspace is congested around ZBB and that there are long wait times to get airborne, as in 20 airplanes in a row waiting to take off, then about 15 minutes to get far enough away to actually do training. Pitt Meadows is closer to practice area, but also congested, Langley is kind of small and congested. Abbotsford is getting much better, but to really get some freedom, the last flying school up the Fraser valley is at Chilliwack, JoinAir, no traffice there and not even a control tower-take off start practicing. Definitely cheapest...but country living is not for everyone.

Dread Pilot Roberts
20th Mar 2021, 14:29
Maybe 20 years ago you could call YCW country but by the same token we called people from Aldergrove
or Langley “country hicks” when we played them in hockey.

Find the smallest airport you can with the least traffic to learn at so your not spending 20 minutes commuting to a practice area or holding short #5 to go.